Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Weapon Idea Factory
Weapon Idea Factory [message #55149] Wed, 02 December 2009 16:11 Go to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
Okay first off: This topic is an atempt to help people who can make weapons come up with ideas.
Second: I have no problem with anything I post in this topic being made into mods; after all, that is why I am posting them.
Third: I only ask that if you wish to base a mod after 1 of my weapons that you give me credit in some way(for example: Inspired by the artwork of Charrzarr)(unless they are obviously based on a copyrightedwork(my bustersword and zanghetsu i believe are only ones)
Fourth: Feel free to post your own drawings/designs, but, post them only if you are okay with them being used.
Last, but certainly not least: ENJOY!!!! Laughing
My pictures for this topic are all uploaded to a puplic photobucket album Here

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 December 2009 16:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55444 is a reply to message #55149] Wed, 30 December 2009 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I'll take a look at this ^^

-- edit --

I made that axe.

I really tried to get the texture to look like it was from fable (the wood is actually from fable, but the metal parts I made from scratch), and it took me a while, but I got something that I think is acceptable.

I'll be putting it in Fable: The New World if that's ok with you.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Wed, 30 December 2009 13:05]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55451 is a reply to message #55149] Wed, 30 December 2009 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satoh is currently offline  Satoh
As this is an idea factory I am assuming I'm allowed to add my own ideas for weapons...

A staghorn bow would be awesome in my opinion. I made a model of the bow and made a texture for it as well... but I'm not sure if the model can be used as is or if bows need to be rigged to get the bowstring to work...

I'll add pics in a bit, and if anyone wants to finish the bow I can add the file as well... though I use Maya (bought through my college) so the file will most likely be in OBJ format. (Max should be able to import it and it seems from what I've read that that shouldn't be a problem.)

But yes, essentially what I'm saying is there are a striking lack of new bows.

Also, I'm not sure if it can be done, but new arrow models might be interesting as well.

Well, here is my model snapshot... no bowstring as I have no idea how they work in Fable

[Updated on: Wed, 30 December 2009 15:58]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55453 is a reply to message #55451] Wed, 30 December 2009 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank u both for replying usefully and morerunes, that is a wonderful interpretation of my axe...the only difference that i see is that the hammer part was intended to be round...BUT IT IS STILL AWESOME!!! i have no problem with anything on this topic being used in packs and as specified in the first post that is the whole purpose. and as for satoh's bow, it is awesome and yet again i said to feel free to post ur own stuff(i originally meant mostly drawings and whatnot but a model and all that is great and i would be glad to have it in the topic) now, unfortunately my signature seems to have been deleted for some reason so publicity of this topic may be low...if either of u would like to recomend it or put a link in ur sig i would be very greatful...if an admin sees this i would appreciate a sticky because i believe, as displayed by morerunes use of my axe, it may be a great way to come up with ideas...oh and morerunes, if that axe is finished could u either release it or perhaps send it? also...did u think of a name...wow the fact that my idea has been used makes me so excited Very Happy

{EDIT}

perhaps the axe would look better as a two hand, due to the rather long handle...it might be good as-is...just kind of hard to get an idea of the size with it being held by child hero

and the bow would possibly look better(more realistic) with recurves on the ends(a spot where it straightens or the curve reverses a bit) would look ven more at home in fable that way(in all honesty it would look far better than most of the regular bows)...and yes i believe it is possible to make new arrow models...i believe i saw 1 bow that actually fired corn on the cob(im think it was called ethol)

[Updated on: Wed, 30 December 2009 16:56]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55454 is a reply to message #55149] Wed, 30 December 2009 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're right about the recurve bit, it does make it look better... (especially since a gazelle's horn has one)

anyway, here is the new version...

Attached is a RAR with both staghorn models in OBJ format and the texture and specular texture... 3DS Max should have no problem importing OBJ, if anyone wants to use the bow. Just give me some mention if used. (Personally I would use it myself if I knew more about the weapon mods)
  • Attachment: staghorn.rar
    (Size: 45.05KB, Downloaded 502 times)
Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55455 is a reply to message #55454] Wed, 30 December 2009 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW!!!! it looks even better than i expected...now if only morerunes would reply...i think he might have some idea how to make it work...im not sure but i do know he is an excellent modder...after all check out the axe

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55458 is a reply to message #55455] Wed, 30 December 2009 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I absolutely do know how to make it work, but I probably won't be able to do so.

I do have an old copy of 3DS 7 laying around but I don't know if that will export the file correctly.

I don't think there is a tutorial specifically for bows, but I have made a few bows in the past (including Ethol the Great, aka the Corn Bow), and I could write one if necessary.

Do either of you have a copy of 3DS Max?

As for the axe, I'm glad you like it, I called it the Iron War Axe (you can change that, it's just a temporary name). The length of the hilt however would not be good for the two handed animations, but if you really want I could make it a bit shorter. If I go back and make it shorter I can also edit the back to be rounder if you like.

Until then I will post the weapon here.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 December 2009 19:40]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55459 is a reply to message #55149] Wed, 30 December 2009 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As I said just recently in a PM, I'm quite new to the modding arena for fable, so there's no telling whether I can do it well or not... but tutorials rarely ever hurt.

I remember back in my morrowind days I managed to pop out a few (unreleased) rigged clothing mods...

Fable seems a bit more complex though.
I have access to 3DS Max, but haven't gotten around to messing with directx files I think it might be Max 9... I only really use it as a frontend for importing models I ripped using 3DVia Printscreen... (it can grab geometry from a few emulated PS2 games)

Might I ask, how did you make the axe if your Max isn't adequate? O.o;
Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55461 is a reply to message #55459] Wed, 30 December 2009 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I figured out how to make not-rigged models in Blender 3D.

If I get 3DS working I'll record a tut.

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55463 is a reply to message #55149] Wed, 30 December 2009 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your posts have been truely inspiring! so inspiring, in fact, that it has prompted me to once more take up my pencil and draw with all my heart!!!(was that too dramatic or is it just me?)

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55478 is a reply to message #55149] Thu, 31 December 2009 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I sketched a bunch of new arrow ideas... I have a few sword ideas in my head...

Also I just had a thought. It would be hilarious to bludgeon straw dummies to pulp with another straw dummy...

I'll post the pics once I scan them.

EDIT:

[Updated on: Thu, 31 December 2009 11:21]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55479 is a reply to message #55478] Thu, 31 December 2009 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the one in middle, i think u meant it as an arrow, but it would be awesome as a sword...the one that the blade is about half the...object and the rest is the shaft/hilt(hilt if its sword)

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55480 is a reply to message #55479] Thu, 31 December 2009 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Cool ideas! I might have to make some new arrows ^^

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55481 is a reply to message #55480] Thu, 31 December 2009 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i tested out the iron war axe and the handle length is great...now it may sound rather picky but...the hand placement is too close to the axe head...sorry i dont have any screenshots but i tried modfying sumthing else and completely fried fable...i gotta track down my backups b4 i can do any screenshots...
{EDIT}
here is a link to my latest drawing in the fable weapons album
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj246/charrzarr/weapons%2 0for%20fable/drawings1_0002.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 31 December 2009 12:15]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55482 is a reply to message #55479] Thu, 31 December 2009 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr wrote on Thu, 31 December 2009 14:33

the one in middle, i think u meant it as an arrow, but it would be awesome as a sword...the one that the blade is about half the...object and the rest is the shaft/hilt(hilt if its sword)

That's probably because it is one of my concept weapons: the sword arrow.

The idea is that it still does damage even if you only barely graze the target.

The one at the bottom is a Cleaving Arrow... which is designed... (albeit against the laws of traditional physics) to sever limbs when it hits.

One of them is just as it looks, a dagger... but meant to be fired from a bow.

At the top is a sort of drill arrow... I couldn't get the feathers right, but they're supposed to spiral down the back of the shaft... giving the arrow an english necessary to execute a proper drilling action...(all of course moot in reality since arrows jiggle and bend all floppily like they're made of jello in real life... but it looked cool.)

Also working on a few swords... some will likely be screenshots from an under-appreciated anime...

Also if anyone is familiar with Arngrim from valkyrie profile, his sword would be perfect for the superinflated hero (as he certainly seems to be unless you "fix" his defs...)

Arngrim and his sword... actually I'd hazard you could get a Hero to look like Arngrim... especially with a slight scar edit...

[Updated on: Thu, 31 December 2009 21:04]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55484 is a reply to message #55482] Thu, 31 December 2009 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Wow, that bow mesh is really low poly, I would add some divisions to it to make it more round. Also, it appears that the texture included is just black.

If you do that I can try to set it up for fable.

-- edit --

Also, check out this updated version of the axe. I don't have a pic this time.

-- edit --

Also, if you like I can make a version with a chip in the blade.

[Updated on: Thu, 31 December 2009 23:55]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55485 is a reply to message #55484] Fri, 01 January 2010 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Here is a pic of the second axe. Looks great, thank you both.

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55486 is a reply to message #55149] Fri, 01 January 2010 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One of them is lower poly than the other... and the textures shouldn't be black.... that's very odd...

I didn't make the horns square to save on polygons though... I intended it that way...

Also, I hadn't looked at fable's weapon models until just now... personally a budget of 1.2k polys seems a bit... high... I guess I'm just used to working on lowerpoly games.

If I were to add any more division to the bow though, I'd make the horns lumpier... to look more like the texture implies them... I may yet do that.

Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention Max and Blender my require you to reapply the textures to the materials... that could be why they look black. You could check the textures in photoshop to see if they somehow got messed up. They seem fine on my end so I don't know what the issue is.

I'm finishing up a sword mod at the moment. I decided since there were no good single pictures of Genie's greatsword (from Rune Soldier) I'd just make it myself.

Ironically even after going wayyyyy overboard with unnecessary amounts of detail on the beveling of the hilt, I still capped out at roughly 370 polygons or so if memory serves. Then again it is a straghtsword with very few actual curves, if any.

I imagine Arngrim's sword will be even lower. His hilt is literally a rhombus, doesn't take but 12 polys for that.

I should also note that Genie's sword is nearly twice as long as Avo's Tear, so it may dig into the dirt. I won't know until I test it, and considering I've yet to even try making a new weapon definition... that could be a while.

The model is here, in direct x format this time, and the texture and specular map are included, as well as a BMP version that my DX model viewer apparently needs to preview the file. I'm not sure where that program came from, maybe it's a windows function...? Anyway, if used, mention my name and Rune Soldier as the source. (if used for redistribution that is, if you just want to add it to your own game I don't really care if you credit me since you're the only one who's going to see it anyway.)

Rambling aside, here is the file.
Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55488 is a reply to message #55486] Fri, 01 January 2010 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Blender didn't like the directX file =p

The texture worked this time though, guess Blender just screwed up.

Did you make the texture yourself? It looks really Fable-like.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 January 2010 09:51]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55489 is a reply to message #55149] Fri, 01 January 2010 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not totally sure i know what u mean by a chip in the blade...well i know but im not sure whether a small chip would look a whole lot diffewrent...perhaps u cud do some fairly major damage to it and call it broken war axe(i dont know much about 3D modeling so this idea might not work real great) maybe take a chunk out of the hammer part(like it got smashed into an anvil and the corner chipped) a fairly small nic in the blade...and basicly snap off the majority of the spear part(kind of lke oldboy's broken sword{im sure u have seen it...if not i can find a link})

also does the updated veersion add a new item or will it take the place of the original...and if it takes its place will i need to do anything other than just load it(i know...its a noob question just i aint had a time that i needed and updated version so i dont know what that needs as far as installing)

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55490 is a reply to message #55149] Fri, 01 January 2010 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, sorry I should mention that I've been having issues with the import and export crap for getting the model into fable...

I finally got that file(the one I posted) into fable but it's nearly twice as large as I expected(even though I used another sword to make sure I have scale) and it doesn't actually appear in his hand...

That file is the panda direct x exported file... Max doesn't seem to like importing those either.

And yes, I did make the texture myself, I'm glad you like it. I learned from a friend at another modding forum. His name is Millenia and he is a genius at weapon making.

(here is part 1 of his 4 part texturing tutorial)

One of these days I'm going to find a format everyone can use for my models XD

Anyway, I'm now off to see a man about a big pile of noodles... I do love udon...

EDIT: Ok, since my .x files are bunk for you all... I'll keep using .obj.

here is the newest version of the staghorn. modified to be much closer to my original concept. I added more divisions and gave it more profile (the horns have ridges now and the handle is rounder...)
  • Attachment: staghorn3.obj
    (Size: 41.18KB, Downloaded 481 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 01 January 2010 15:32]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55491 is a reply to message #55490] Fri, 01 January 2010 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Looks great! The only thing I would do now is make a string. You could probably tear a string off of another bow, or texture one yourself.

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55492 is a reply to message #55149] Fri, 01 January 2010 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunno how to rig it. It would be pointless.

It's just a long 2 section tube... if it isn't rigged it really serves no purpose.
Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55493 is a reply to message #55149] Fri, 01 January 2010 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm...i really gotta learn to model...my previous tries were epic failures...now i gotta free up HD space if i want to get some tools for it...oh and would u please answer my post that was a few posts up...i mean morerunes cuz i asume he would be the more knowledgable if sum1 else knows fine

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55494 is a reply to message #55149] Fri, 01 January 2010 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Removed then.

Sorry, not trying to derail the topic. Just thought it was a pretty good inspirational piece.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 January 2010 20:21]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55495 is a reply to message #55149] Fri, 01 January 2010 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dispite the fact that that bow is VERY cool and i would love to see it made(wudnt use it but...it still wud be cool) i think it shud be posted in morerunes weapon request topic in the requests area of the forum...this is for stuff made/designed by you and i believe that is from a video game...either way it isnt by u and is probably from some b-grade anime or a video game...i would appreciate if u wud remove that post and perhaps do it in the weapon request or somewhere else...just not here

{EDIT}
thnx for removing it...might post it in morerunes' weapon request thread...a few people still check it and maybe some genius will join out of nowhere and make it...we have had a genius appear on here recently by the name of FtlcRules...but he seems to specialize in meleee...maybe a ranged genius will show up...

[Updated on: Thu, 21 January 2010 21:03]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55496 is a reply to message #55149] Fri, 01 January 2010 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I design a lot of scythes, jurs, pata, and katars... I'm not sure if any of those would fit the currently existing weapon animations, but I can look back through my notes and post those sketches if you like.

I suppose a war pick could suffice as a scythe...
Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55497 is a reply to message #55496] Fri, 01 January 2010 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I am not sure exactly why the scale would be off, but try spawning a cube at 0,0,0 and merging your mesh into the cube, then deleting the vertices of the cube and re-exporting.

Rigging the bow is fairly easy though, if you have ever rigged another mesh. If you would like you can make the string and post the obj and I can finish rigging and exporting.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 January 2010 21:44]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55498 is a reply to message #55497] Fri, 01 January 2010 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey satoh there are sythe mods so a design would be good
uses anims from whisper's staff

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55499 is a reply to message #55149] Fri, 01 January 2010 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As for scale, I think it has something to do with the .X import script messing up the scale and position of the sword I used as my reference.

I say this because I also had to turn my sword's angle several times before it displayed correctly in cbox.

and I don't think rigging is much of an issue really, but I don't know what to rig it TO.

As for using Whisper's animations... does that work for our fair... or unfair Hero? I apologize for the question on that, it's just that this game is modded in a way so alien to me compared to how morrowind mods worked... I'm still trying to get a grasp on what is and isn't possible.

If staff animations are on the table then I can also post some dual-saber designs(once I re-find them).

By dual-saber I mean weapons similar to Jack's monsters' weapons; a pole with a blade at both ends. (I love those things... no matter how impractical they are as real weapons)

If there's any other weapon animations that can be used I'd like to know, as it opens up new pathways for me to create.

I'd look for them but I'm not even sure what section of mod they would be.
Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55501 is a reply to message #55499] Fri, 01 January 2010 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill tell u the list of weap anims i have seen
1. the basic one hand melee(oddly same for sword and axe)
2. basic 2 hand(yet again same for sword and axe)
3. staff anims(rather fancy including altered stance and movement as well as alot of twirls including a pole vault kik) u can basicly go to the search button and type in what u wish to search for...there is a weapon in the original game files(called scythe...i wonder who it is for) that has been made functional its a very nice scythe and shows how well the anims work...imma try to find a vid of it in action

{EDIT}
ok i cant find a vid of the scythe with the staff anims on youtube and im too lazy to get on fable and take the vid myself...if anyone wants to show him go for it...it has been used in many mods so im sure sum1 other than me has it...adios kids im off

[Updated on: Fri, 01 January 2010 23:08]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55503 is a reply to message #55501] Fri, 01 January 2010 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr wrote on Sat, 02 January 2010 02:03

ill tell u the list of weap anims i have seen
1. the basic one hand melee(oddly same for sword and axe)
2. basic 2 hand(yet again same for sword and axe)
3. staff anims(rather fancy including altered stance and movement as well as alot of twirls including a pole vault kik) u can basicly go to the search button and type in what u wish to search for...there is a weapon in the original game files(called scythe...i wonder who it is for) that has been made functional its a very nice scythe and shows how well the anims work...imma try to find a vid of it in action

{EDIT}
ok i cant find a vid of the scythe with the staff anims on youtube and im too lazy to get on fable and take the vid myself...if anyone wants to show him go for it...it has been used in many mods so im sure sum1 other than me has it...adios kids im off

Don't worry about the video, I remember pretty well how Whisper fights. I was just wondering if there were any dual wielding characters or anything else fancy like that that I've yet to see in the game.

Come to think of it, there are no knives or stabbing weapons in Fable are there?

I design a lot of knives, but they'd be useless and otherwise look silly in a sword fight... Either way I'll have to look through my stuff, who knows what might be useful to someone...
Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55505 is a reply to message #55503] Fri, 01 January 2010 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people have tried dual wield mods on here(i believe only in game char is twinblade...and he doesnt even hit u with the swords i dont think{its his hands that hit i do believe}) the best i believe were mods that put a weapon in ur left hand but it didnt actually do anything other than look pretty

oh and there is 1 or 2 knifes in the game files...and they look better than 1 might expect with the regualr anims...i wander though if anyone cud make a anim set by modifying the stab from sword set...would look cool and be good for knives(sorry if my explaining sucks...its extremely late where i am so my thinking is even more unsteady than normal)

[Updated on: Fri, 01 January 2010 23:49]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55506 is a reply to message #55505] Sat, 02 January 2010 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Satoh wrote on Sat, 02 January 2010 00:23

morrowind
Ah, you're coming from Morrowind, okay. I figured you had some prior experience, which is good, but sadly Fable modding is still something of a tedious and difficult gauntlet of self-punishment.

If staff animations are on the table then I can also post some dual-saber designs(once I re-find them).
This is something I've recently been thinking about doing myself as it so happens. Unfortunately we're limited to existing animations, and the existing animations for staffs are for Maze and Whisper, and Maze doesn't move around with his staff too much and Whisper attacks like a woman, which is fine, but the Hero attacking like Whisper will appear odd. Keshire and Sean_s have each made mods that add a set of animations to the Hero that allow him to use the staff.

If there's any other weapon animations that can be used I'd like to know, as it opens up new pathways for me to create.
The animations themselves are stored in the graphics.big. You can't really do anything with them except preview them. To do this, you can open the MESH_HERO entry, then browse up towards things prefixed with ANIM, E3, CS. Those are animations, and a few things in between such labeled entries are too. You can click'n'drag an animation entry over the preview window of an open mesh entry to see the animation.

There are seven sets of weapon animations, BOW, CROSSBOW_PUMPACTION, CROSSBOW, HEAVY_WEAPON, STAFF, SWORD, and THROWING_THINGS, as listed in the CWeaponDefs. There's also the unarmed type, of course. There are various Types, Classes and Properties of weapons defined in the CWeaponDefs as well that have some effect on the animations. For example, a light axe is a type:1 and a light sword is type:0, both use the SWORD animation group, class:1 and property:0, but a type:0 can be used to stab dead bodies and a type:1 cannot. Then there's various things to take into account that have to deal with how you hold it, how you sheathe it, at what angles, etc. That's about all we've got on that.

morerunes wrote a tutorial on how to add animations to the Hero, you can find a link to it in OldBoy's sticky in the General Mod Discussion section.

I was just wondering if there were any dual wielding characters or anything else fancy like that that I've yet to see in the game.
Twinblade, Thunder (his shield counts as a weapon) and Nostro are the only ones. But you don't want to use those animations, unless you intend to turn the Hero into Twinblade or Nostro. The animations push the bones where they would be in the proper mesh, which doesn't look right on the Hero. And we can't do new anims.
Satoh wrote on Sat, 02 January 2010 01:28

Come to think of it, there are no knives or stabbing weapons in Fable are there?
Nope. What you see is what you get. We have to practice a great deal of creativity and ingenuity to work around what we have to create something that is really original in Fable.

Thinking on it... there is a knife. Mesh. Two actually, but only one of the two is good to go for use as a weapon, the other has to be reworked. But for all intents and purposes it is a sword.
Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55510 is a reply to message #55149] Sat, 02 January 2010 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

You can click'n'drag an animation entry over the preview window of an open mesh entry to see the animation.

Ahhh, I was wondering if there was a feature like that. I couldn't figure out how to view them before.

That was all very helpful. Now I think I have a grasp on what kinds of weapons are feasible.

Also assuming gloves could be counted as weapons, though any blades on them would need to be short or they'd look really... odd. (It's hard to punch someone with a spear)

Most katars are probably out... but fist blades and certain types of pata are probably fine it seems... *begins sketching even more*

EDIT: before I forget, thanks for the wonderful explanation.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 January 2010 00:57]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55543 is a reply to message #55149] Sun, 03 January 2010 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so i made another sword design but this one is alot different...mostly because i made it from scratch in blander...here is the screenshot...if u want the blend file i can send it thru PM
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj246/charrzarr/weapons%2 0for%20fable/firstfairlygoodsword.jpg

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55544 is a reply to message #55543] Sun, 03 January 2010 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

The hilt is funky but I like the blade itself. Go ahead and post the .blend file, and I might use it for my next sword design.

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55545 is a reply to message #55544] Sun, 03 January 2010 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imma wait a bit to post the blend...i got bored in the minutes since i posted and am now working on better hilt...ALOT better hilt...
{EDIT}
sorry bout double post below...a mod can delete this if its prob...leave the post thats below

[Updated on: Sun, 03 January 2010 15:33]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55547 is a reply to message #55149] Sun, 03 January 2010 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok then i think it is done...imma try to do the skin now...ill probably fail but imma try...here is pic
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj246/charrzarr/weapons%2 0for%20fable/firstfairlygoodsword02.jpg

{EDIT}
oh and morerunes...if i make a model for a gun do u think u cud help me get it working for the game? i have a design in my head that i think would look great in the new world

[Updated on: Sun, 03 January 2010 16:24]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55548 is a reply to message #55547] Sun, 03 January 2010 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

Administrator

I think I would like to try making a gun, I know JohnDoe was unsuccessful however.

Previous Topic: Some Help Here
Next Topic: Making Towns Look Different.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 23:22:20 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01922 seconds