Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Trying to get started making new weapon...dont know what i need
Trying to get started making new weapon...dont know what i need [message #55528] Sun, 03 January 2010 11:52 Go to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
ok guys the title says it pretty well. im attempting to make a weapon and i have absolutely no idea what all i need...aside from a 3d moedling tools...im goind with blender despite many saying its not good...i know it can work for fable so im doing it...but aside from that and the obvious FE do i need more?(oh and of course image editor...got PAINT.NET for that)

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: Trying to get started making new weapon...dont know what i need [message #55533 is a reply to message #55528] Sun, 03 January 2010 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
If you want your own models, you'll need Blender or 3DS (preferably 3DS as you can do animated models too and it's less hassle).
If you want your own textures, you'll need an image editor.
If you want your own HUD icon, well that's a texture.
If you want your own title and description, you'll need new text.big entries.
The rest is definitions, game.bin entries, that determine what augments it has, damage, etc. and so on. CWeaponDef, CStockItemDef, CInventoryItemDef, CObjectAugmentationsDef... there's another one I think... CCarryableDef? Or is it carrying... and an OBJECT entry of course.

Easiest to hijack existing set of entries across the archives, change their names, pack them in an FMP without saving changes, restart FE (again, without saving changes), load the FMP, everything's set up for you, just replace the data as you see fit.
Re: Trying to get started making new weapon...dont know what i need [message #55556 is a reply to message #55533] Sun, 03 January 2010 18:58 Go to previous message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
thanks alot johndoe...i think this is the first time u have replied to a post of mine that it hasnt been to yell at me...i feel so happy...the info was useful...so yet again thanks

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Previous Topic: New buyable houses, marriage and npc's
Next Topic: Play with other models
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:29:54 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01203 seconds