Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Packages » New Item Pack v2  () 1 Vote
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47637 is a reply to message #47636] Fri, 28 November 2008 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Vista issue. This is the part where I say mean and derogatory things about you, but I'm not in the mood to do this. Just pretend to be offended and we'll call it a day.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47643 is a reply to message #47637] Sat, 29 November 2008 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Delibirate is currently offline  Delibirate

lol thanks it worked

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47648 is a reply to message #31475] Sat, 29 November 2008 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Super Zebra is currently offline  Super Zebra
I got the same problem Delibirate had, and I read JohnDoes Vista thing but I dont get it. How does this have to do with permission? Im not smart when it comes to this whole modding thing so spare me the rant on why are people like me so stupid? I just dont understand the jargon. I dont even know how to put a picture on this post so Im putting it on the attatchment. Can some one help me? I just dont get how to fix it. also how would I "clean" the fable explorer from othe stuff I saved? do i just have to download FE again?
  • Attachment: problem.jpg
    (Size: 20.43KB, Downloaded 564 times)
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47657 is a reply to message #47648] Sat, 29 November 2008 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Super Zebra wrote on Sat, 29 November 2008 08:42

I got the same problem Delibirate had, and I read JohnDoes Vista thing but I dont get it. How does this have to do with permission?
What don't you get? And it has to do with permission because access is being denied, you don't have permission, making it a permissions issue.

Can some one help me? I just dont get how to fix it.
Tell us what you're having difficulty with. In the end, you help yourself by giving us information and following the given advice. If you don't understand the given advice, give more information detailing what you don't understand.

also how would I "clean" the fable explorer from othe stuff I saved? do i just have to download FE again?
What exactly do you mean by this?
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47659 is a reply to message #31475] Sat, 29 November 2008 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

If you mean wipe off your mods, uninstalling and using FE again will do nothing. Replace the modded files with the backups you probably didn't make.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47666 is a reply to message #31475] Sun, 30 November 2008 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so what i dont understand is how to give it permission. Im just stuck at that point where it gives me the message

Microsoft.NET Framework
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue if you click Quit the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable\data\graphics\graphics.big' is denied

i click continue and nothing happens. the message just goes away and nothing happens. then i press save mods and run fable again then it gives me about textures is denied. keeps on going denying everything. and then nothing. i tried opening your links in the Vista Issue link, and the webpages did not open. both of them ended up saying page can not be displayed. So yeah. I just want to know how to give permission.

also yeah, i didnt back it up. i didnt know how to back it up. i just click save mods and run fable adn thats it. so theres no way to reverse that? oh well.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47667 is a reply to message #31475] Sun, 30 November 2008 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

You didn't know how to back it up?!?

Click
Copy
Paste somewhere else

Done

And what were you doing when you got that error? What exactly were you changing?

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47670 is a reply to message #31475] Sun, 30 November 2008 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didnt change anything, Ok heres what I did.

Ive had FE from before, so i just downloaded the NewItemPackv2chest, then i opened FE, load fable mod package, lookoutpoint.fmp, 1.fmp, 2.fmp, 3.fmp.

then when i click "save mods and run fable" instead of the message that says to press ok when i finish playing fable, it says the message. and thats where im getting "denied".

now i just need to find out how to give it permission to run fable with the mod? im guessing? i dont know that much. ive told you all i know.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47674 is a reply to message #47670] Sun, 30 November 2008 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Super Zebra wrote on Sun, 30 November 2008 15:53

then when i click "save mods and run fable" instead of the message that says to press ok when i finish playing fable, it says the message. and thats where im getting "denied".
And then I said "Vista issue", and then you click it and read, or tell me specifically what it is that you don't understand.

We've been down this road already.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #47690 is a reply to message #31475] Mon, 01 December 2008 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol yeah and then i said that the links in that page wouldnt open to the page. the links for the different methods. so i dont know what the methods are if i cant read them, thats what im asking, how do i give it permission?

damn. i feel stupid, i just read it over again, and i ddint see the other method under the links. the one to just run as administrator. it worked, thanks bro. you can award me noob of the year if you want.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48151 is a reply to message #31475] Mon, 29 December 2008 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LACP is currently offline  LACP
Somehow when i try to load 2.fmp FE says something about an exception.
Can someone help me please? Crying or Very Sad
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48158 is a reply to message #48151] Mon, 29 December 2008 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

LACP wrote on Mon, 29 December 2008 01:21

Somehow when i try to load 2.fmp FE says something about an exception.
Can someone help me please? Crying or Very Sad

I got this error.

You could try loading it on Chocolate Box

Or, install it on a fresh install. Replace your modded gamefiles with the backups you might not have made but should have made.

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48160 is a reply to message #48158] Mon, 29 December 2008 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

As Darkenedsoul states; try on a clean install. I recently tested this mod again, because of the errors reported.
It worked fine on a clean install, no errors.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48289 is a reply to message #48160] Sat, 03 January 2009 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TagManDK is currently offline  TagManDK
Sooo, just gotta download 'em both? Trader 'n' chest, right? Alrighty.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48290 is a reply to message #48289] Sat, 03 January 2009 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
TagManDK wrote on Sat, 03 January 2009 12:11

Sooo, just gotta download 'em both? Trader 'n' chest, right? Alrighty.
No, one or the other. Pick which one you want.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48291 is a reply to message #48290] Sat, 03 January 2009 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TagManDK is currently offline  TagManDK
Oh, well then it's a good thing I only installed one of 'em. Thanks for the heads up anyway. Smile
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48328 is a reply to message #31475] Sat, 03 January 2009 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Micayne is currently offline  Micayne

Wait so where is the trader and chest? The picture doesn't really show where it is. =/ Where is it on the map and stuff?
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48339 is a reply to message #48328] Sun, 04 January 2009 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Micayne wrote on Sun, 04 January 2009 00:58

Wait so where is the trader and chest? The picture doesn't really show where it is. =/ Where is it on the map and stuff?
OldBoy wrote on Thu, 11 October 2007 15:36

Note 2
Of course failure to read the readme.txt is not my problem - so read it!
OldBoy's readme.txt says

15. Now go to the LookoutPoint - where the silver key was there will be a trader...

16. To open the chest - buy the key from the trader
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48347 is a reply to message #48339] Sun, 04 January 2009 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

index.php?t=getfile&id=7228&private=0

this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Sat, 17 January 2009 09:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48360 is a reply to message #31475] Sun, 04 January 2009 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Umm how do i get the silver key if I haven't gotten it yet? =[ I started a new game, and now I can't get to it. Sad
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48363 is a reply to message #48360] Sun, 04 January 2009 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Micayne wrote on Sun, 04 January 2009 11:29

Umm how do i get the silver key if I haven't gotten it yet? =[ I started a new game, and now I can't get to it. Sad

You could always spawn one Very Happy

Stick a silver key in the chest.

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48365 is a reply to message #31475] Sun, 04 January 2009 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ermm how do i do that?
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48366 is a reply to message #48360] Sun, 04 January 2009 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Micayne wrote on Sun, 04 January 2009 20:29

You mean the 'special' key? You can buy it from the trader. If you mean the silver key that's in that location, just spawn one, or find another somewhere else.

this is not an exit.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48367 is a reply to message #48365] Sun, 04 January 2009 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Micayne wrote on Sun, 04 January 2009 12:14

ermm how do i do that?

You could have easilly found this yourself by searching.

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48700 is a reply to message #31475] Tue, 20 January 2009 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuge is currently offline  Stuge
Does it count as that i used freeroam when i loaded it and TRIED to install it i got it into finalalbion.wad but it said that try selectin file next time again so i deleted it.. so do i have to install this mod by moving it to finalalbion.wad now?

I had EXACTLY same thing everything you said happend as well for me.. I tried taking ownership but it did not work i wonder why

Ah, since i disabled my vista UAC i was able to finally load mods.. however i found fast few bugs on this mod.. i dont know is this just for me but when i wear jack of blades torso or mazes robes they dont show, another one was that if you buy all clothings from the mod trader and go into bowerstone north weapon trader and klick sell and go to headslot and move your mouse over the mod items it crashes the game.. but most annoying is that i cant see jack of blades torso or mazes robes. and btw, this is not so bad but well, also when i wear thunders torso there is small spot at characters back that shows right throught it. Nothing else..

But well this mod is great! i dont much care about small bugs when there is such awesome weapons Smile

Sorry for posting so many in row, but i have problem probably caused by this mod.. i loaded the conquer mod but i just deleted it because i wanted back to normal fable, then i had to use back up files and even reinstall i dont know reason then i started the game and well when i reinstalled i saved my saved games and the game keeps crashing everytime i load world on my save.. the saved character has all items from this mod pack. v2 and i quess it is crashing this.. I know i know, i shouldnt install conquer when i have the another mods on the game but well now i know that and i have to solve this too.. can someone help ?

** Quad-post merged. Use the edit button next time. - JohnDoe **

[Updated on: Tue, 20 January 2009 13:19] by Moderator

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48709 is a reply to message #48700] Tue, 20 January 2009 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Stuge wrote on Tue, 20 January 2009 09:48

Does it count as that i used freeroam when i loaded it and TRIED to install it i got it into finalalbion.wad but it said that try selectin file next time again so i deleted it.. so do i have to install this mod by moving it to finalalbion.wad now?
Deleted what? Moved what? In FreeRoam, the error "Try selecting a file next time." means that you did not select a file. You need to select the FinalAlbion.wad file when using FreeRoam.

I had EXACTLY same thing everything you said happend as well for me.. I tried taking ownership but it did not work i wonder why
Run the apps as an admin.

Ah, since i disabled my vista UAC i was able to finally load mods.. however i found fast few bugs on this mod.. i dont know is this just for me but when i wear jack of blades torso or mazes robes they dont show, another one was that if you buy all clothings from the mod trader and go into bowerstone north weapon trader and klick sell and go to headslot and move your mouse over the mod items it crashes the game.. but most annoying is that i cant see jack of blades torso or mazes robes. and btw, this is not so bad but well, also when i wear thunders torso there is small spot at characters back that shows right throught it. Nothing else..
It might be specific to this mod. There have been many complaints about that, but I didn't find these problems in the original mods. The problem is most likely the CAppearanceModifierDef. I'll take a look at it later and if I find any problems, I'll fix them, recompile the mod, send it to OldBoy for approval, then either he or I will throw it on the first post. First I want to do some research to see if anyone else with this problem can be linked to this mod, or if there's something else going on.

But well this mod is great! i dont much care about small bugs when there is such awesome weapons Smile
Appreciation is always appreciated. Smile

Sorry for posting so many in row, but i have problem probably caused by this mod.. i loaded the conquer mod but i just deleted it because i wanted back to normal fable, then i had to use back up files and even reinstall i dont know reason then i started the game and well when i reinstalled i saved my saved games and the game keeps crashing everytime i load world on my save.. the saved character has all items from this mod pack. v2 and i quess it is crashing this.. I know i know, i shouldnt install conquer when i have the another mods on the game but well now i know that and i have to solve this too.. can someone help ?
Toss your saves, the saves made when using the Conquest mods will not work without the Conquest edits.

If that doesn't work, delete the entire Fable directory, then go to where the saves are stored, there will be a folder labeled something like "My Games". Delete that (or, if you have other games, just delete the Fable sub-directory). Also check your virtual store. You're on Vista, there's a virtual store for anything you've done while not having ownership or running as admin. Not having Vista, I'm not able to tell you how to find this virtual store, so you'll have to get it yourself. Reading material. It's really a simple thing, Vista pretends to let you do whatever you want, but anything that writes to Program Files or other system-protected directories will be copied to the virtual store where the edits are written instead. After having done all of this, reinstall Fable. The thoroughness is to make sure that when you reinstall, Fable doesn't try to read any of the old, broken data/files.

Let me know if you need more help.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48721 is a reply to message #48709] Wed, 21 January 2009 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuge is currently offline  Stuge
I did run the as admin, but well it didint work, i had to disable UAC as i said earlier.. Thanks for advice, its runnin now without problem.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48749 is a reply to message #31475] Thu, 22 January 2009 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Wow, good job OldBoy! This has to be the best mod ive ever loaded onto my game!

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48751 is a reply to message #48749] Thu, 22 January 2009 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

DarkenedSoul wrote on Thu, 22 January 2009 16:22

Wow, good job OldBoy! This has to be the best mod ive ever loaded onto my game!

Thank you Cool

this is not an exit.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48854 is a reply to message #31475] Wed, 28 January 2009 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Hmm, the Keshire Knarled Mace isn't in the game. Nor are the madness weapons.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 January 2009 17:15]

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48855 is a reply to message #48854] Thu, 29 January 2009 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

DarkenedSoul wrote on Thu, 29 January 2009 02:13

Hm, I'll check the tng and fmp to see what's wrong, and if patching is possible.

[edit]
which version do you use?

[edit2]
You are correct. Funny that you're the first one to find out / mention it.
I'll see if it's possible to make a patch.
What probably will work, is loading the fmp's from the mods.

[edit3]
I've made a patch for the missing weapons. It's attached to the first post.

this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 January 2009 06:12]

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48856 is a reply to message #48855] Thu, 29 January 2009 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

OldBoy wrote on Thu, 29 January 2009 02:12

DarkenedSoul wrote on Thu, 29 January 2009 02:13

Hm, I'll check the tng and fmp to see what's wrong, and if patching is possible.

[edit]
which version do you use?

[edit2]
You are correct. Funny that you're the first one to find out / mention it.
I'll see if it's possible to make a patch.
What probably will work, is loading the fmp's from the mods.

[edit3]
I've made a patch for the missing weapons. It's attached to the first post.

Excellent, thanks Smile

EDIT: On the tng you named it LooloutPoint. This would catch newbies out Very Happy

Lool

[Updated on: Thu, 29 January 2009 10:19]

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48857 is a reply to message #48856] Thu, 29 January 2009 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Cool I was in a hurry... lol

fixed

this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 January 2009 10:54]

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48858 is a reply to message #48857] Thu, 29 January 2009 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

OldBoy wrote on Thu, 29 January 2009 10:52

Cool I was in a hurry... lol

fixed

Awesome work there, it works perfectly Smile

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48955 is a reply to message #31475] Wed, 04 February 2009 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GameGeeks is currently offline  GameGeeks
I tried it and I did the chest version yet I still got the trader version (just wanted to check the weapons out). Also textures for things like jack's shirt are missing. All I get is a bare chest. I'm also going to look for a way to tone down some of the weapon's power. Probaly won't put anything higher then the solus greatsword attack wise.
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48956 is a reply to message #48955] Wed, 04 February 2009 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

GameGeeks wrote on Wed, 04 February 2009 07:40

I tried it and I did the chest version yet I still got the trader version (just wanted to check the weapons out). Also textures for things like jack's shirt are missing. All I get is a bare chest. I'm also going to look for a way to tone down some of the weapon's power. Probaly won't put anything higher then the solus greatsword attack wise.

-_-

It means your wearing a hat that isn't compatible with the shirt.

Take it off and it will work.

Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #49141 is a reply to message #31475] Sat, 14 February 2009 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Colton is currently offline  Colton
When I try to load 1.fmp I get

"Attempted to read or write protected memory.This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

Wuh?
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #49144 is a reply to message #49141] Sat, 14 February 2009 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Colton wrote on Sat, 14 February 2009 14:34

When I try to load 1.fmp I get

"Attempted to read or write protected memory.This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

Wuh?

Did you use any other mods before this one?
If so, that could be your problem.
If not, I can't help you much. Try again is my only advice.

this is not an exit.
Re: New Item Pack v2 [message #55663 is a reply to message #31475] Sun, 10 January 2010 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tggrng123 is currently offline  tggrng123
Ok I got a problem: (I'm doin this on a clean install) when loading the .fmp it says this: "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is an indication that other memory is corrupt." I've tried it several times and it still gives me the same error. I've also tried it on different computers. Please help, if you would.
Thanks.
Re: New Item Pack v2 [message #55666 is a reply to message #55663] Sun, 10 January 2010 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Individual is currently offline  Individual
1. close fable explorer (or whatever your using)
2. reopen but this time right click and click on "run as administrator
3. load the fmp now.

If this is not what is wrong clearly i didnt read you message properly

INDIVIDUALITY - Always remember that you are special and unique, just like everybody else!

SOME PEOPLE - Are just like Slinkys. They aren't really good for anything but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
Previous Topic: some being ask for a mod to unban magic and weapons
Next Topic: Bowerstone South Pole
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 13:40:58 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01259 seconds