Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Spade/Key troubles
Spade/Key troubles [message #55785] Sat, 16 January 2010 21:57 Go to next message
Isoterra is currently offline  Isoterra
Can anybody tell me if there is a patch for this? I got the New Item Pack v2.5 and the special chest key thinks its can be a spade. I dunno if this is messing up my game, the only time if ever asked me to use it I found nothing in the dig.
Re: Spade/Key troubles [message #55787 is a reply to message #55785] Sat, 16 January 2010 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Individual is currently offline  Individual
the chest thinks its a spade?

so it looks like a spade? or doesnt open when you use the key on it?

INDIVIDUALITY - Always remember that you are special and unique, just like everybody else!

SOME PEOPLE - Are just like Slinkys. They aren't really good for anything but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
Re: Spade/Key troubles [message #55788 is a reply to message #55787] Sat, 16 January 2010 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts is currently offline  James Butts
I think he means when he uses the spade, the special key that is used to open the chest, is used instead, if so, the only thing I can think of is the mesh entries being borked, in which case, he would have to replace the current mesh id, with the one of the spade mesh.

The fmp could have also got messed up in some way, and replaced the spade mesh with the key mesh. that may require a reinstall.

Dammit
Re: Spade/Key troubles [message #55789 is a reply to message #55788] Sat, 16 January 2010 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH! i get it now. yer instead of the spade picture coming up in the quick key area. its a picture of a key. nothing really big but i guess you could talk to the creator of the mod about getting a fix. make sure you ask nicely though

INDIVIDUALITY - Always remember that you are special and unique, just like everybody else!

SOME PEOPLE - Are just like Slinkys. They aren't really good for anything but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
Re: Spade/Key troubles [message #55790 is a reply to message #55785] Sat, 16 January 2010 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Isoterra wrote on Sun, 17 January 2010 06:57

Can anybody tell me if there is a patch for this? I got the New Item Pack v2.5 and the special chest key thinks its can be a spade. I dunno if this is messing up my game, the only time if ever asked me to use it I found nothing in the dig.

That's weird, never heard of this before.
If I find some time I'll look into this.
You could try getting rid of the key, 'sell' it back to the trader.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Spade/Key troubles [message #55792 is a reply to message #55787] Sun, 17 January 2010 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Individual wrote on Sat, 16 January 2010 22:13

the chest thinks its a spade?

so it looks like a spade? or doesnt open when you use the key on it?

No the chest is fine. Its the key that thinks its a spade. When I go to a dig spot the key appears instead of the spade.
Re: Spade/Key troubles [message #55793 is a reply to message #55790] Sun, 17 January 2010 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy wrote on Sat, 16 January 2010 23:34

That's weird, never heard of this before.
If I find some time I'll look into this.
You could try getting rid of the key, 'sell' it back to the trader

What can I say, my computer is funny. I have found problems with my computer not even a professional has heard of. And its all strange stuff like this Razz
It always happens to me. I swear I am cursed lol

The trader won't take it either. It won't let me sell it back for some reason. Razz

[Updated on: Sun, 17 January 2010 10:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Spade/Key troubles [message #55795 is a reply to message #55793] Sun, 17 January 2010 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts is currently offline  James Butts
I think, much like in my post, it's a mesh mixup of some sort, please post a screenie of what you mean.

Dammit
Re: Spade/Key troubles [message #55796 is a reply to message #55795] Sun, 17 January 2010 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

James Butts wrote on Sun, 17 January 2010 20:24

I think, much like in my post, it's a mesh mixup of some sort, please post a screenie of what you mean.

It's not. It has to do with the definition entries of the key I made.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Spade/Key troubles [message #55798 is a reply to message #55785] Sun, 17 January 2010 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. I didn't fix it per say but I fiddled with it and now it will let me sell the key back Razz. It works fine now, all I need to do is buy the spade before I buy the key and it will work fine. I will try to see if I can get the key to stop thinking its a spade though so if I figure it out I will keep posted for updates just in case anyone else gets this problem.
Re: Spade/Key troubles [message #55804 is a reply to message #55785] Mon, 18 January 2010 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warischoy is currently offline  warischoy
can you still post a screen shot?
a key spade could be kinda cool.

only mods at christmas, easter and summer holiday when i am in hong kong.
the rest i study in england and my mum won't let me bring my laptop.
Re: Spade/Key troubles [message #55809 is a reply to message #55804] Tue, 19 January 2010 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warischoy wrote on Mon, 18 January 2010 05:46

can you still post a screen shot?
a key spade could be kinda cool.

Lol. it only shows the icon for the key and when you use it, he just looks like he's digging with thin air but sure thing! Here they are.

Re: Spade/Key troubles [message #55810 is a reply to message #55809] Tue, 19 January 2010 01:25 Go to previous message
all you have to do is not buy the key before you get a shovel Smile

Previous Topic: Play with other models
Next Topic: you should really make a question zone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:43:55 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01307 seconds