Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Nostro's stuff
Nostro's stuff [message #55824] Wed, 20 January 2010 11:20 Go to next message
Isoterra is currently offline  Isoterra
I was thinking of making it a project but I wanted to know if anyone else had tried it first. Has anyone attempted to create a usable set of Nostro's Armor and weapon?
Re: Nostro's stuff [message #55830 is a reply to message #55824] Wed, 20 January 2010 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Individual is currently offline  Individual
I know someone has made nostros weapon...not sure about the armour though...would be kinda hard wouldnt it?

INDIVIDUALITY - Always remember that you are special and unique, just like everybody else!

SOME PEOPLE - Are just like Slinkys. They aren't really good for anything but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
Re: Nostro's stuff [message #55833 is a reply to message #55830] Wed, 20 January 2010 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Individual wrote on Wed, 20 January 2010 17:04

I know someone has made nostros weapon...
Yea, LionHead. Nostro's sword is already there.
Individual wrote on Wed, 20 January 2010 17:04

not sure about the armour though...would be kinda hard wouldnt it?
I think one of the modders of old worked on it a bit. Perhaps fable24man, maybe Leviathan, or was it LostInGeneral, can't remember, anyway the armor is a dead project, anyone interested can pick up the project if they want.

The difficulty in armor is not so much working the mesh to work around the Hero without having clipping in-game or even so much the weighting of the mesh, but really, the hard part is having the right 3DS setup, right plugin, with all the right settings, all worked in some obscure manner such that it is perfect for Fable. The variables involved in this are many and mostly unknown. For some reason, people with the same software and same plugins and same settings get different results, and I have no idea why. This is one of the reasons we don't see much work done with complex animated meshes, it's just too crazy.
Re: Nostro's stuff [message #55837 is a reply to message #55833] Wed, 20 January 2010 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Isoterra is currently offline  Isoterra
Darn. It sounds fun but I don't have any programs for complicated mesh messing. I got Wings 3D and I don't think I can do ANYTHING with it for Fable. Although I have a friend who just might... I will keep in touch, maybe if I get my friend on board I might be able to bring in some fun stuff.

Thanks for the info!!
Re: Nostro's stuff [message #56605 is a reply to message #55837] Mon, 29 March 2010 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lazarus is currently offline  Lazarus

Sounds like a plan! Maybe if you can create a Full set instead of Armor Then that'll make things alot more cool! I'd be able to have special Armor like my Lazarus Character! lol dont be surprised if Nostro starts slowly chasing you because you stole his armor! The Demon Door thats his Minion wont be very happy neither! Rolling Eyes

EDIT: Ughhhhhh! What about the Shield? I dont think the Hero is Scripted to have a Sheild! Confused

I'am A Legionaire People So Join The Fight AGAINST EVIL!!!

[Updated on: Mon, 29 March 2010 14:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Nostro's stuff [message #56631 is a reply to message #56605] Wed, 31 March 2010 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
battery000 is currently offline  battery000
Lazarus wrote on Mon, 29 March 2010 14:04

Sounds like a plan! Maybe if you can create a Full set instead of Armor Then that'll make things alot more cool! I'd be able to have special Armor like my Lazarus Character! lol dont be surprised if Nostro starts slowly chasing you because you stole his armor! The Demon Door thats his Minion wont be very happy neither! Rolling Eyes

EDIT: Ughhhhhh! What about the Shield? I dont think the Hero is Scripted to have a Sheild! Confused

You could make a really fancy glove mesh, but that would be pushing it.
Re: Nostro's stuff [message #56640 is a reply to message #55824] Thu, 01 April 2010 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeah XD! Laughing

Re: Nostro's stuff [message #56641 is a reply to message #56631] Thu, 01 April 2010 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Lazarus wrote on Mon, 29 March 2010 16:04

I dont think the Hero is Scripted to have a Sheild! Confused
I hate it when people say stuff like that, "scripted". It's a sign that you have no idea how any of this works.

And it's 'shield', I before E except after C. Few exceptions.
battery000 wrote on Wed, 31 March 2010 21:42

You could make a really fancy glove mesh, but that would be pushing it.
No, I tried making a shield a part of a glove mesh before, didn't work out well. A better way would be to, well, do it like that except without the glove part, then add on the animated shield mesh to the CAppearanceModifierDef.
Re: Nostro's stuff [message #56642 is a reply to message #56641] Thu, 01 April 2010 12:59 Go to previous message

Looks like that peace treaty didnt work! Crying or Very Sad Nevermind I'll just look where I post! Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 01 April 2010 12:59]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How do I get a chest with my new items in it?
Next Topic: I've been lookin' for new quests!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:21:38 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01362 seconds