Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tutorials » [Hero] Using B-Morph to Modify the Hero  () 1 Vote
[Hero] Using B-Morph to Modify the Hero [message #56304] Tue, 02 March 2010 15:51 Go to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I have received numerous requests for a B-Morph tutorial, so here you are.

Requirements

Java
B-Morph

Intermediate Knowledge of Windows
Fable Razz

Overview

This tutorial is aimed not to yield specific results, but rather to explain the use of my program. I am not going to show you values to buff up your character, nor to make him a stick, or a basketball player. However, with a little experimentation it should be trivial to figure it out yourself.

Now on to the tutorial

The First Screen

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4700/mainji.png

The first thing you will see is a large number of check-boxes with text next to them, inside of various tabs. At the bottom there are three buttons with numbers to the left.

First, you need to understand how the .bncfg (bone configuration) file works. Each of the three values are scaling a certain bone (or body part) by certain numbers, with different scales for each axis.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/7781/xyzo.jpg

If you scale the z bone on your torso, chances are you'll get taller.

To change these values, you can either open an already existing bncfg or start from scratch, however it is significantly easier to start with an already existing bncfg file.

To open a file, simply go to File>>Open or press Ctrl+E.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7637/open.png

Then navigate to the Bones folder (usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Bones\)

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5171/navigate.png

Open it up, and most of the forms will be now populated.

You can use this as a template, so just start editing the numbers in each of the boxes by selecting a box and entering values at the bottom and pressing apply to each edited value.

You can use both positive and negative values.

Once you're done, save the file into the folder, and make a backup of one of the ones you want to replace. Then save over the bone file that you want to replace and go into the game. You shouldn't need a new save-game.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Wed, 12 June 2013 18:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Hero] Using B-Morph to Modify the Hero [message #67299 is a reply to message #56304] Sun, 09 September 2012 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skopin is currently offline  Skopin
I know this is a very old topic, but I have a question: How do I actually run the program? I have Java installed, as well as JRE, but the file does not seem to be executable. I extracted the contents, and still could not find an executable file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Nevermind. Something went wrong with my java/jre installation. I ended up reformatting my PC (which I have been meaning to do for a while) and now it works fine.

[Updated on: Sun, 09 September 2012 20:18]

Re: [Hero] Using B-Morph to Modify the Hero [message #67565 is a reply to message #56304] Sat, 10 November 2012 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blacktimes is currently offline  Blacktimes
why you haven't finish?
Re: [Hero] Using B-Morph to Modify the Hero [message #67570 is a reply to message #67565] Sat, 10 November 2012 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lenop is currently offline  Lenop
This is a tutorial. It is finished. Neutral
Re: [Hero] Using B-Morph to Modify the Hero [message #67574 is a reply to message #56304] Sun, 11 November 2012 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
End of Starterpost: "[to be continued]"... so will he continue this tuto?
Re: [Hero] Using B-Morph to Modify the Hero [message #67583 is a reply to message #67574] Mon, 12 November 2012 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Huh, I had forgotten about this one.

I'll try to finish it soon, thanks.

Re: [Hero] Using B-Morph to Modify the Hero [message #67661 is a reply to message #56304] Sun, 25 November 2012 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when im everything +1 make (1,0 > 2,0 o. 1,35 > 2,35) then my Hero looks dump >.<

What i have done wrong? Sad My Waist is smaler... and my feets are underground

(sry for my bad englisch)

[Updated on: Sun, 25 November 2012 06:24]

Re: [Hero] Using B-Morph to Modify the Hero [message #67683 is a reply to message #67661] Mon, 26 November 2012 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

You want to make the sub_movement_dummy bigger, that will move you up vertically. Other than that, just keep messing with the values until it looks right.

icon5.gif  Re: [Hero] Using B-Morph to Modify the Hero [message #68583 is a reply to message #56304] Wed, 12 June 2013 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you will make the tuto finish? Smile
Re: [Hero] Using B-Morph to Modify the Hero [message #68589 is a reply to message #68583] Wed, 12 June 2013 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I don't think I'm going to go through and take fancy screenshots anymore, but maybe I'll finish writing about it

-edit-

Did a quick summary of the end

[Updated on: Wed, 12 June 2013 18:25]

Re: [Hero] Using B-Morph to Modify the Hero [message #68647 is a reply to message #68589] Sun, 16 June 2013 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
If I remember correctly, B-Morph doesn't change the pelvis bone. I may have used an older version of this tool, but I'm just informing you.

Are you shpongled?
Re: [Hero] Using B-Morph to Modify the Hero [message #70293 is a reply to message #56304] Wed, 09 April 2014 17:35 Go to previous message
LittleV is currently offline  LittleV
Guys, sorry to bump this up, but it's killing me and I'm not sure there's better place than here:

WHat's the value that changes the DISTANCE between the arm and the Spine 3? 'Cause one thing is the width of the arm, and the other is the width between the arm and the torso (which connects to arm by Spine 3).

It's NOT Clavicle, Arm, or Spine. Anybody got this down? Making your hero strong, and yet, NOT traingular?

All my love, Peacekeepers and Scarrans alike,

V.

EDIT: Also, is it possible there's a bug here in this beautiful tool? Z, the last coordinate, is width. So, say, if I increase the last of three digits in the waist section (Spine 1) I'll get wider waist. But the number in the sub-movement dummy is not Z, it's Y. It's height. So much so that the original Hero_Tall has the dummy at 1.0, 1.0, 1.2. Which is: as he grows, so must his dummy be lifted, right? So if the last number on the dummy is Y, then what are the other two?

EDIT: Ok, here's what it is: The Z,Y,X standard is not consistently read as such by the executable. It's not in the B-morph, it's in Fable.exe. I know this because by a full day of trial and error, I figured out that Y isn't always first, Z isn't always.... etc.

So comclusion with an M: you have to mess around until you get it. I'm Attaching my own preference for b-morph hero: bulkier, less triangular, arms lightly smaller and much closer to the body, and a lot shorter. Basically a slightly more realistic morph. At max, the hero's still much taller and larger than most other humans with the exception of Maze and Thunder, but looks much less ridiculous. Much love, clams, brazilian soccer players and Alanis Morisette cover bands.

Bonus track: Gonna put up an expirement on Escherism in the 21st century: a 2D hero. Have a laugh: his chest is inside his back and his back is inside his chest. Check it out, it's the 2D.rar.

Bonus track 2: Funny acccidents I had today: ducktales and Angry Birds.

• Attachment: B-Morph Preference.rar
    (Size: 3.59KB, Downloaded 518 times)
  • Attachment: 2D.rar
    (Size: 5.02KB, Downloaded 514 times)
  • Attachment: 001.jpg
    (Size: 103.88KB, Downloaded 2240 times)
  • Attachment: 002.jpg
    (Size: 55.16KB, Downloaded 2123 times)
  • Attachment: 003.jpg
    (Size: 92.90KB, Downloaded 2181 times)
  • Attachment: 2D.jpg
    (Size: 31.39KB, Downloaded 2109 times)
  • Attachment: DF1.jpg
    (Size: 120.17KB, Downloaded 2030 times)
  • Attachment: DF2.jpg
    (Size: 155.04KB, Downloaded 2085 times)
  • Attachment: Angry Birds.jpg
    (Size: 120.52KB, Downloaded 2176 times)

"...the avatar is, to the metallic memory of chronology, what the subject is to the fruitful forgetfulness of History."

[Updated on: Wed, 09 April 2014 19:53]

Previous Topic: [Weapons] Change weapon damage
Next Topic: Modding on Steam Version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:43:31 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01382 seconds