Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Trick fable into giving the real frying pan with 1 clue using FE?
Trick fable into giving the real frying pan with 1 clue using FE? [message #57048] Fri, 30 April 2010 19:36 Go to next message
Synte is currently offline  Synte
Hi, I just spent 2 hours or so trying to find a way to trick fable into giving you the real frying pan with just 1 clue. I'm new and would like to learn what it is I am doing wrong.

I was experimenting and had no clue where to start so I starting looking for references to the 2 frying pans.

I went into script.bin > CScriptDef > HiddenBootyTreasureFake and replaced the value with 206169 which is the value found in the next entry for the real frying pan, but apparently it isn't the object ID, those are 5592 and 5593 but are not applicable here.

http://i40.tinypic.com/15p33u8.jpg

Anyways thinking this was enough I started a test hero, got to Orchard farm, dug, found out apparently u need a clue before the pan can be dug up, so I ran over grabbed a clue and dug. No cigar, I got the fake one, 0 damage and no augments.

Next I tried going into game.bin > Objects > OBJECT_FAKE_FRYING_PAN

and clicking its CDefs like the following screen illustrates..

http://i43.tinypic.com/6z5x86.jpg

Notice the red circle, well there are 3 entries there that point to fake frying pan, I tried pointing them all to the real one object 5592 thinking this might trick the game into thinking the fake one is the real one for lack of a better way to describe it, anyhow I tried this separately from my first idea in script.bin and I tried both ideas together and nothing worked. Now I don't know where else to look.

Any thoughts or ideas or lessons for me, please?

Thank you in advance.

-Syn

[Updated on: Fri, 30 April 2010 19:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Trick fable into giving the real frying pan with 1 clue using FE? [message #57052 is a reply to message #57048] Fri, 30 April 2010 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The game registers it by the name of the OBJECT entry. If what you dig up isn't OBJECT_FRYING_PAN, the game thinks you have the fake one. Not that it makes any real difference to any other part of the game.

You can replace the fake-specific CDefs with the real-specific CDefs (as it looks like you're doing in the second image) in the OBJECT entry of the fake frying pan, making it effectively the same weapon.

Because of the way this one is hardcoded, you may prefer to spawn all six clues in a chest and bypass the scavenger hunt and hassle altogether.
Re: Trick fable into giving the real frying pan with 1 clue using FE? [message #57053 is a reply to message #57048] Fri, 30 April 2010 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks John for the reply, so you're telling me I need to replace all of the fake frying pan objects' Cdef entries and not just the 3 specific pointers to the real frying pan like I circled? My initial intent what exactly as you said, to effectively make the fake one the same weapon, but I thought I could simply point it toward the real one on those 3 links, I'm not sure how to replace all the others, or if I just need to change more values or what.

As for spawning things in a chest, I might go for that but I think I read that can't be done with only fable explorer.. which is what I'm focusing on learning at the moment. I have free roam app, cbox, and albion explorer but I'm a tad shy to go messing with too many things at once and confusing myself/messing up the game, not that I don't have backups, it's just I don't really know how to do that yet. Also I have no clue how obtaining all the clues at the very beginning of the game would affects other parts of that quest line or crash it somehow later on, or have some other adverse affect, perhaps you can guess though?

If there is in fact a way to spawn the 6 clues in the treasure box in orchard farm containing clue 5 that is fairly simple, can you point me in a direction to learn how? I do appreciate it.

One reason I'm a bit opposed to the idea of just spawning all the clues in a chest is it seems unnatural. The whole reason I wanted to make this mod is because it never made sense to me that a buried item would be different just because you have or dont have all the clues, In my opinion it's more realistic and less of a blatant cheat if the item you dig there is always just the real frying pan, I realise it sounds odd, because a cheat is a cheat, but I disagree with how it was initially programmed in the first place, and always felt ripped off. The mod would be for people who feel similar.

Cheers.

-Syn

[Updated on: Fri, 30 April 2010 22:12]

Re: Trick fable into giving the real frying pan with 1 clue using FE? [message #57056 is a reply to message #57053] Fri, 30 April 2010 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

You must have missed something when you tried the script.bin change. I did it in the past and it worked. I just did it again to be sure and it worked then too. Maybe you forgot to Apply Changes.

Getting all the clues early and getting the treasure did not cause any complications later in the game for me.

Re: Trick fable into giving the real frying pan with 1 clue using FE? [message #57058 is a reply to message #57056] Fri, 30 April 2010 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 wrote on Fri, 30 April 2010 23:18

You must have missed something when you tried the script.bin change. I did it in the past and it worked. I just did it again to be sure and it worked then too. Maybe you forgot to Apply Changes.

Getting all the clues early and getting the treasure did not cause any complications later in the game for me.

Hm, I applied those changes 3 times at least and chose save and run fable each time, are you using plain FE or the shadow net version? Just curious.. I'll try it again tomorrow... If its not too much of a bother, mind uploading a small fmp here of the script change you made that worked? I'm fairly certain I used apply... maybe something is wrong with my FE as it randomly crashed a few times with a big page of error codes tonight, either way thank you for the reply.

-Syn

[Updated on: Fri, 30 April 2010 23:48]

Re: Trick fable into giving the real frying pan with 1 clue using FE? [message #57059 is a reply to message #57058] Sat, 01 May 2010 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Synte wrote on Sat, 01 May 2010 01:46

are you using plain FE or the shadow net version? Just curious.. I'll try it again tomorrow... If its not too much of a bother, mind uploading a small fmp here of the script change you made that worked?
Just a note regarding FE/Shadownet FE and the script.bin:
The standard FE does not properly package script.bin entries in FMPs. Shadownet does. An FMP packed in Shadownet containing script.bin edits can be loaded with the original FE without a problem.
Re: Trick fable into giving the real frying pan with 1 clue using FE? [message #57060 is a reply to message #57058] Sat, 01 May 2010 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Had you already been to O/F before the changes? If so, the save may use the fake pan.

Edit2:I made an fmp using FEShadownet. Keep in mind that any script.bin changes you have made may be undone when you apply this fmp, I had to use the entire597-SCRIPT_DEF, so that may happen.

[Updated on: Sat, 01 May 2010 00:54]

Re: Trick fable into giving the real frying pan with 1 clue using FE? [message #57061 is a reply to message #57060] Sat, 01 May 2010 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
jwc2200 wrote on Sat, 01 May 2010 02:46

Had you already been to O/F before the changes? If so, the save may use the fake pan.
Excellent note, that could very well be it, I don't know why I didn't think of that. It may even require a new profile, but I'm not too sure for this one.
Re: Trick fable into giving the real frying pan with 1 clue using FE? [message #57062 is a reply to message #57061] Sat, 01 May 2010 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I made the changes then loaded a save that I had from just after Guild training, so a new profile isn't needed, just a save that is before you have entered the region you are making changes in.
He wrote that he made a test 'started a test hero', but I asked just in case.

Re: Trick fable into giving the real frying pan with 1 clue using FE? [message #57063 is a reply to message #57048] Sat, 01 May 2010 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you both, I'll get shadownet later on and fiddle around, about being to Orchard farm, I hadn't been, but I had already been through the fishing contest (only thing i did). Anyhow I'm sure I can see what the problem is with the uploaded FMP and shadownet, thanks alot guys. Smile

-Syn
Re: Trick fable into giving the real frying pan with 1 clue using FE? [message #57065 is a reply to message #57048] Sat, 01 May 2010 12:22 Go to previous message
Well after getting shadownet and going back to an earlier save to be sure I hadn't been in the area, success, the script change alone did it. I suppose there is no way to package it so it doesn't wipe the rest of script.bin back to default though eh?

-Syn
Previous Topic: big problem.
Next Topic: Enable bowerstone north early entry.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:07:32 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01142 seconds