Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Enable bowerstone north early entry.
Enable bowerstone north early entry. [message #57079] Sun, 02 May 2010 18:45 Go to next message
Synte is currently offline  Synte
A mod I would like to make is one that enables a new characters to enter bower north right away. I've looked in FE and can't find anything that might control this. Can anyone point me in a helpful direction, please?

Thanks.

-Syn
Re: Enable bowerstone north early entry. [message #57080 is a reply to message #57079] Sun, 02 May 2010 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

You need Cbox or Albion Explorer. Open the BowerstoneSlumsv2.tng, click on the door to B/S North, change ScriptName to NULL. Find the guard and change his ScriptName to NULL or just delete him.

Re: Enable bowerstone north early entry. [message #57081 is a reply to message #57079] Sun, 02 May 2010 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Synte wrote on Sun, 02 May 2010 20:45

A mod I would like to make is one that enables a new characters to enter bower north right away. I've looked in FE and can't find anything that might control this. Can anyone point me in a helpful direction, please?

Thanks.
You've allowed weapons in Bowerstone, yes? If you kill the guard at the entrance, you will be able to pass. If you want something a little... better... you can change the cutscene where he stops you to include a yes/no, the choice being whether or not you kill him.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 May 2010 23:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Enable bowerstone north early entry. [message #57083 is a reply to message #57081] Sun, 02 May 2010 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Come on, you know good guys don't do that kind of thing.

Re: Enable bowerstone north early entry. [message #57090 is a reply to message #57079] Mon, 03 May 2010 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Smile

-Syn
Re: Enable bowerstone north early entry. [message #57091 is a reply to message #57080] Mon, 03 May 2010 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 wrote on Sun, 02 May 2010 19:52

You need Cbox or Albion Explorer. Open the BowerstoneSlumsv2.tng, click on the door to B/S North, change ScriptName to NULL. Find the guard and change his ScriptName to NULL or just delete him.

I got this to work perfectly with chocolate box (the char has to have not entered bowerstone) But I don't know how to package the mod, can you help with instructions please? I assume since they are script changes I could make the the fmp with FE saving the script Cdefs into the mod? I tried saving the mod with cbox but i cant drag anything into the fmp.

-Syn
Re: Enable bowerstone north early entry. [message #57094 is a reply to message #57091] Mon, 03 May 2010 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

There is a way to open tngs with FE, but I don't know how. I think Oldboy discusses or links to how to do that in his 'New to Modding' thread. With script changes I just post the script and let people do it manually.

Re: Enable bowerstone north early entry. [message #57099 is a reply to message #57079] Mon, 03 May 2010 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Yea, if you import the TNG into the FinalAlbion.wad, then drag it into the Create FMP window, the person loading the mod will have the level script take effect if they're using the FinalAlbion.wad.

It's preferred that people just post raw TNGs, as loading a WAD edit in FE breaks the WAD when trying to use FreeRoam, AE or CBox. Still works for gameplay though. Or do as jwc2200 does and just post just the script (or post the script that needs to be removed) and have people do it themselves.
Re: Enable bowerstone north early entry. [message #57101 is a reply to message #57099] Mon, 03 May 2010 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
the way i always get in early is i first use a mod to allow magic in bower then i launch a level 4 fireball right next to the guard...the explosion kills him but i am not creditted with the kill...it may take a cuple hits but once he is dead go ahead and walk right in...this will not giv u any exp for kill as well as no alignment...the only gain wud be any drops

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: Enable bowerstone north early entry. [message #57102 is a reply to message #57101] Tue, 04 May 2010 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I tried your way charr, I knocked him back to the point where he was standing in B/S North, so he didn't stop me anymore.
See:

Even when I went into North and came back to South, he stayed there. He even stayed when I saved and reloaded.

Re: Enable bowerstone north early entry. [message #57109 is a reply to message #57079] Tue, 04 May 2010 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Problem with this is it requires you to have level 4 fireball, wish there was an easy way to package a mod for this, as i know people hate that u cant get in there in the vanilla game. Also so far as my searches can tell, there is no other mod on this site for this.

It's frustrating that I can do it to my own game but cant pack a mod for others (because i don't particularly care about getting in early).

-Syn
Re: Enable bowerstone north early entry. [message #57116 is a reply to message #57109] Tue, 04 May 2010 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
to tell the truth u only need level 2 or 3 but it requires some skill with them(by the fact that the guard survived when jwc tried it i am guessing he used 2 or 3) to knock him back enough...level 4 usually kills in 1 or 2 shots all it requires is a bit of knockback which i wud guess to be labeled as either 'knockback' or 'force' in the defs(not sure as i hav done no modding of these properties in fable and am only speaking from experience with other games)so with alittle modding it cud be possible with 1...of course u cud just shoot the guard with in the head with a bow if u dont mind the fine and alignment effects

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: Enable bowerstone north early entry. [message #57117 is a reply to message #57109] Wed, 05 May 2010 06:13 Go to previous message

Retired
Synte wrote on Tue, 04 May 2010 17:31

Problem with this is it requires you to have level 4 fireball, wish there was an easy way to package a mod for this, as i know people hate that u cant get in there in the vanilla game. Also so far as my searches can tell, there is no other mod on this site for this.

It's frustrating that I can do it to my own game but cant pack a mod for others (because i don't particularly care about getting in early).
You can upload the TNG so long as it is modified. Or you can pack the TNG in an FMP (after importing it to the corresponding WAD entry in FE, this requires that FinalAlbion.wad is renamed to its original name before loading FE), then just drag it into the Create FMP window like any other entry. Or you can do both, pack the FMP and the TNG together in a zip.
Previous Topic: Trick fable into giving the real frying pan with 1 clue using FE?
Next Topic: Setting mnigame max bets?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 04:24:22 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01241 seconds