Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Setting mnigame max bets?
Setting mnigame max bets? [message #57078] Sun, 02 May 2010 18:42 Go to next message
Synte is currently offline  Synte
I viewed the requests forum and noticed an unanswered request to make all the minigames in fable allow more than a 1000 bet.

I've scoured FE looking for any references to this number (1000) and the games, but I can't seem to find any, is this simply impossible to do?

Thanks in advance.

-Syn
Re: Setting mnigame max bets? [message #57110 is a reply to message #57078] Tue, 04 May 2010 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No ideas?

-Syn
Re: Setting mnigame max bets? [message #57113 is a reply to message #57110] Tue, 04 May 2010 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

I looked into this in the past, but CBettingDef concerns the Temple of Avo only it seems.

I just looked at it deeper and found that there are 52 viable shopkeepers in the CShopDef, but there are only 40 shops and wandering traders by my count, not including game keepers. I will work on the others soon to try to first figure out which ones are game keepers, and then, hopefully, what controls betting.

If you want to start on that yourself, the ones that are unidentified are:
93580- may be a female tailor for Bower Stone that isn't used.
8895 is a NULDEF it looks like

Re: Setting mnigame max bets? [message #57118 is a reply to message #57078] Wed, 05 May 2010 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The game was probably meant to use the CBettingDef entries for the pub games at one time or another, but it seems that only the Avo temple donating thing uses it. Maybe. Not sure on that.

The entries you need to edit haven't been defined in the def.xml.

CTavernGameCardBaseDef
CTavernGameCoinGolfDef
CTavernGameDef
CTavernGameShoveHaPennyDef
CTavernGameSpotTheAdditionDef

I'll get to defining and adding these to the def.xml so that people can use FE/CBox to edit them... I had a whole bunch of these done already, I wish I had put them somewhere before the great crash of '09.

Edit: Started with CTavernGameCardBase - that thing has two monster arrays the size of Texas, so this might take a little longer than I had hoped. Will be done as soon as possible though.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 May 2010 13:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Setting mnigame max bets? [message #57126 is a reply to message #57118] Wed, 05 May 2010 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

By not defined, do you mean they are there, but listed as 'unknown'? Or are they not there at all, and would I waste my time completely doing trial+error on the shopdef and/or creature_name?
There is no hurry for me to do this, just something to work on when I get bored, and certainly no hurry for you to define them. Higher bets are surely not the easiest way to get more gold, but I would like to see the option made available in the future, just for fun.

Re: Setting mnigame max bets? [message #57127 is a reply to message #57126] Wed, 05 May 2010 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
jwc2200 wrote on Wed, 05 May 2010 21:12

By not defined, do you mean they are there, but listed as 'unknown'? Or are they not there at all, and would I waste my time completely doing trial+error on the shopdef and/or creature_name?
There is no hurry for me to do this, just something to work on when I get bored, and certainly no hurry for you to define them. Higher bets are surely not the easiest way to get more gold, but I would like to see the option made available in the future, just for fun.
By undefined, I mean you can't view the entries in FE. They show up like the CAppearanceDef.

At one time I could have sworn that I have seen maximum bets listed in the SCRIPT_DEF. Might have been in GLOBAL though... but I can't find it now so I guess I was mistaken. I'll find it in CTavernGameDef if it isn't anywhere else.
Re: Setting mnigame max bets? [message #57128 is a reply to message #57126] Wed, 05 May 2010 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 wrote on Wed, 05 May 2010 19:12

... Higher bets are surely not the easiest way to get more gold, but I would like to see the option made available in the future, just for fun.

LOl, the idea is a way to waste gold. Very Happy The easiest way by far to 'earn' gold is the exploit to buy/sell gifts back to the same idiot vendors over and over again in bulk (not to mention this gives you a ton of skill exp), hmm maybe i should try to fix that exploit and make the game harder. xD

Anyhow yea I saw all the references to each game but couldn't open in FE, thanks John for the explanation why, and both of you for the replies in general, just seemed annoying to me that I couldn't find a single value to change (the 1000).

jwc2200 wrote on Tue, 04 May 2010 19:31

I looked into this in the past, but CBettingDef concerns the Temple of Avo only it seems.

I just looked at it deeper and found that there are 52 viable shopkeepers in the CShopDef, but there are only 40 shops and wandering traders by my count, not including game keepers. I will work on the others soon to try to first figure out which ones are game keepers, and then, hopefully, what controls betting.

If you want to start on that yourself, the ones that are unidentified are:
93580- may be a female tailor for Bower Stone that isn't used.
8895 is a NULDEF it looks like

Do you really think the game might consider a minigame npc a shop? seems sort of odd if that is in fact where it's hiding. I'll have a look at them. Smile

EDIT:
JohnDoe wrote on Wed, 05 May 2010 06:28

The game was probably meant to use the CBettingDef entries for the pub games at one time or another, but it seems that only the Avo temple donating thing uses it. Maybe. Not sure on that. ...

Yea it is temple of avo only, thats the first thing I tried changing, it had no effect on the pub games.

-Syn

[Updated on: Wed, 05 May 2010 21:36]

Re: Setting mnigame max bets? [message #57129 is a reply to message #57128] Wed, 05 May 2010 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Synte wrote on Wed, 05 May 2010 23:25

LOl, the idea is a way to waste gold. Very Happy The easiest way by far to 'earn' gold is the exploit to buy/sell gifts back to the same idiot vendors over and over again in bulk (not to mention this gives you a ton of skill exp), hmm maybe i should try to fix that exploit and make the game harder. xD
That one would involve changing some price modifiers, I don't know which value it is exactly but the tavern owners typically overcharge on everything no matter what, so I'd compare them with normal shopkeepers and see what float values differ.
Synte wrote on Wed, 05 May 2010 23:25

Anyhow yea I saw all the references to each game but couldn't open in FE, thanks John for the explanation why, and both of you for the replies in general, just seemed annoying to me that I couldn't find a single value to change (the 1000).
Every time I think about it, I swear I've seen it before. I'm going to take another look because I must have seen it somewhere.

I've finished defining the CTavernGameCardBaseDef, but I'm having some trouble getting FE to accept me def.xml edits... if you'd like to take a look at the xml, I've attached it to the post. The relevant sections are commented out and can be found with Ctrl+F (search) "FIX THIS SHIT JOHN", there will be two sections, one where the control types are defined and another where the definition type is defined by a list of the controls. Functionally, it's exactly the same as the def.xml provided in the FE thread. I can't spot any problems but maybe a different set of eyes will be able to.

Edit: Fix'd, thanks Silver. Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 06 May 2010 21:47]

Re: Setting mnigame max bets? [message #57130 is a reply to message #57128] Thu, 06 May 2010 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Quote:

The easiest way by far to 'earn' gold is the exploit to buy/sell gifts back to the same idiot vendors over and over again in bulk (not to mention this gives you a ton of skill exp), hmm maybe i should try to fix that exploit and make the game harder.

The way to fix that is in the CShopDef. Depending on the defxml it will be under CShopDefArray1List or DefaultStock, change the Type/SaleWanted for each item sold to a higher number.
Or change the percentage charged and cover all items at once, link on how here:
http://forums.projectego.net/change-traders-price-percentage -charged-7883/

Jon, I will look at the defxml you posted and see if anything makes sense to me, unlikely I will see something you didn't, but worth a try.

Re: Setting mnigame max bets? [message #57131 is a reply to message #57130] Thu, 06 May 2010 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Didn't find what I was looking for, which bothers me even more because I know I've seen it.
* JohnDoe tears out his eyes. *
jwc2200 wrote on Thu, 06 May 2010 02:02

The way to fix that is in the CShopDef. Depending on the defxml it will be under CShopDefArray1List or DefaultStock, change the Type/SaleWanted for each item sold to a higher number.
Or change the percentage charged and cover all items at once, link on how here:
http://forums.projectego.net/change-traders-price-percentage -charged-7883/
I should really clean up the CShopDef while I'm adding onto the def.xml, that thing is nasty.
jwc2200 wrote on Thu, 06 May 2010 02:02

Jon, I will look at the defxml you posted and see if anything makes sense to me, unlikely I will see something you didn't, but worth a try.
It's standard XML, parent and children nodes and such. The structure is fairly simple too. It's probably a silly mistake somewhere in there, so any help "proofing" it would be appreciated.

I might have to ask Hunter about it next time I get a chance if I don't resolve this, I need to be able to add definitions to the def.xml if I'm going to make it more useful.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 May 2010 00:53]

Re: Setting mnigame max bets? [message #57133 is a reply to message #57131] Thu, 06 May 2010 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Thu, 06 May 2010 02:52

It's standard XML, parent and children nodes and such. The structure is fairly simple too. It's probably a silly mistake somewhere in there, so any help "proofing" it would be appreciated.

I might have to ask Hunter about it next time I get a chance if I don't resolve this, I need to be able to add definitions to the def.xml if I'm going to make it more useful.

I looked at it, you better ask someone besides me. I was not clear on you needed done, now I realize you more need than I can give, I opened the file and got lost, lol.

Re: Setting mnigame max bets? [message #57142 is a reply to message #57133] Thu, 06 May 2010 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
I figured it out with the help of Silver. As I suspected, it was something stupidly simple. Before committing seppuku, I'll add the rest of the entries posthaste when my eyes are working again and update the def.xml in the FE thread.

Late progress report:
CTavernGameCardBaseDef
CTavernGameCoinGolfDef
CTavernGameDef
<-- Will finish later Done, this is the one with the min/max bet values and bet increments.
CTavernGameShoveHaPennyDef <-- This thing is huge, someone shoot me This one's as done as it's going to get for now.
CTavernGameSpotTheAdditionDef

[Updated on: Sat, 08 May 2010 17:32]

Re: Setting mnigame max bets? [message #57156 is a reply to message #57142] Sat, 08 May 2010 17:34 Go to previous message

Retired
Double-post, bite me. This is important.

I've added support for all the entries mentioned in the thread, the variables you want to change can be found in the various CTavernGameDef entries. Normally I'd say go through the root entry, except I don't know what the root entry is so...

Also, CTavernGameShoveHaPennyDef is incomplete. It will still show, just not the whole entry. The thing is rather confusing, so for right now I'd suggest just not messing with it.

So go to the FE thread and pick up the new def.xml. I'll edit the CBox def.xml and post it somewhere in the CBox thread at my earliest convenience. Shouldn't be too hard.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 May 2010 17:38]

Previous Topic: Enable bowerstone north early entry.
Next Topic: Another JD Ranged Weapon in the works.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:05:42 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01634 seconds