Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Modding the music
Modding the music [message #57573] Tue, 08 June 2010 20:58 Go to next message
Transbibilfobil is currently offline  Transbibilfobil
So I've been working all day on modding fable's music to make it a bit more atmospheric and a little less happy go lucky.
Here's what I have so far

BANDIT_CAMP - Shinra Company - Crisis Core FF7
BOWERSTONE - Amidatti and Eleonor too - Crystal Chronicles
CHAPEL_OF_EVIL - undecided
DANGER_01 - undecided
DANGER_02 - A Knife in the Dark - Lord of the Rings
DANGER_ARENA - The Worlds Enemy - Crisis Core FF7
DARKWOOD - Lothlorien - Lord of the Rings
EXECUTION_TREE - Step Into My Gardens - Bioshock
GIBBET_WOODS - Theme from Shindlers List - Shindlers List
GRAVEYARD - undecided
GRAVEYARD_PATH - undecided
GREATWOOD - The Princess - Pan's Labyrinth
GUILD_DAY - Lilium - Elfen Lied
GUILD_NIGHT - Sleep - Eric Whitiacre
HOBBES_CAVE - undecided
HOOK_COAST - Tina - FF6 Piano Collections
INTERLUDE - Dearly Beloved Reprise - Kingdom Hearts 2
Intro - leaving that one alone
KNOTHOLE_GLADE - Anxious Heart - Crisis Core FF7
KRAKEN_CHAMBER - undecided
LOOKOUT_POINT - Fisherman's Horizon - FF8 orchestra
OAKVALE - Balamb Garden ~ Ami - FF8 orchestra
PRISON - undecided
QUEST_FAIL - leaving that one alone
QUEST_WIN - leaving that one alone
TEMPLE_OF_LIGHT - Pans Labyrinth Lullaby - Pans Labyrinth
WITCHWOOD - Evenstar - Lord of the rings

I can upload the mod somewhere if anybody wants it, but in the meantime, could I get any suggestions as to what the undecided songs should be/feedback on the songs i picked. I used what I had in my music library so go easy on it (imo it sounds amazing)
Re: Modding the music [message #57574 is a reply to message #57573] Tue, 08 June 2010 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Needs moar Hans Zimmer.
Re: Modding the music [message #57575 is a reply to message #57574] Tue, 08 June 2010 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only problem with that is I would need songs that would fit the situation and could be repeated over and over again seemlessly.
I'm considering getting rid of GREATWOOD's song because, while beautiful, it has "too much" music and gets very annoying to listen to after a while.
Re: Modding the music [message #57576 is a reply to message #57575] Tue, 08 June 2010 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Transbibilfobil wrote on Tue, 08 June 2010 23:13

The only problem with that is I would need songs that would fit the situation and could be repeated over and over again seemlessly.
I'm considering getting rid of GREATWOOD's song because, while beautiful, it has "too much" music and gets very annoying to listen to after a while.
It would indeed be a problem, but rest assured as I was only kidding. And yea, Pan's Labyrinth wouldn't be a good choice. Not just because of the music but because every time I hear it I remember just how creepy that movie was.
Re: Modding the music [message #57577 is a reply to message #57576] Tue, 08 June 2010 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ya and every time I walk through a demon door, the game plays the temple of light song which happens to be the main theme of Pan's Labyrinth played on violin. It makes everything inside the demon doors seem really sad. I just wish the demon doors in this game were as amazing as the second fable's.

I remember a demon door in fable 2 where everything was really pretty in a snowy forest with a path. All down the path were lanterns and at the end of the path was a cozy looking cabin with a warm glow, but right as i stepped inside, the light went out and the cabins interior was destroyed and covered with spider webs and torture devices. As I was leaving, i noticed all of the lanterns had turned into cages with skeletons. I almost pooped my pants.
Re: Modding the music [message #57586 is a reply to message #57573] Wed, 09 June 2010 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So I just remembered that I have all of the silent hill soundtracks so I will use them to fill in the scarier music
Re: Modding the music [message #57587 is a reply to message #57573] Wed, 09 June 2010 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CHAPEL_OF_EVIL - Innocent Moon - Silent Hill 3
DANGER_01 - Ashes and Ghost - Silent Hill 2
GRAVEYARD - Fermata in Mistic Air - Silent Hill 2
GRAVEYARD_PATH - Tears of... - Silent Hill
HOBBES_CAVE - Flower Crown of Poppy - Silent Hill 3
KRAKEN_CHAMBER - Silent Heaven - Silent Hill 2
PRISON - True - Silent Hill 2

heres all the undecided music, I will upload my mod somewhere if anybody wants to try it out.
Re: Modding the music [message #57613 is a reply to message #57587] Fri, 11 June 2010 10:42 Go to previous message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I would definitely like to try that out, because, while fable's music is O.K., it leaves too much to be desired. =/

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Previous Topic: Question about the STB.
Next Topic: Rent moneys
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:05:19 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01675 seconds