Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Weapon Idea Factory
Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55550 is a reply to message #55548] Sun, 03 January 2010 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
morerunes wrote on Sun, 03 January 2010 18:42

I think I would like to try making a gun, I know JohnDoe was unsuccessful however.
No, I succeeded. Just never released it. I actually kind of liked the gun, it just seemed too... not Fabley. That and it still had the bowstring sound. Which I think I know how to remove now, I'll have to check in on that later.

What I couldn't do properly was make revolving barrels. That one is tricky in a lot of ways. That involved replacing the cocking animation with the turning clock hand animation, and changing the bone in the mesh, and changing the position of the mesh, and some other details that are kind of fuzzy right now...

But yea, guns are easy to do, especially as a crossbow since they're static.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 January 2010 17:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55551 is a reply to message #55550] Sun, 03 January 2010 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Aah, I will probably attempt to make one nonetheless

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55552 is a reply to message #55551] Sun, 03 January 2010 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
having alittle trubble with gun mesh...im probably going to have to change my base design to something simpler...oh and morerunes do u wand the blend or the obj file on the sword?

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55553 is a reply to message #55552] Sun, 03 January 2010 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

The .blend if you are done with it.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55555 is a reply to message #55553] Sun, 03 January 2010 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought obj cuz i not sure how to place the helpers and stuff...all it is blank mesh...cant even texture it right...although i can post blend...if u need obj u can always export...here is the blend...crappy name lol
i was thinking Gut Ripper Longsword as the name...PM me for a description

[Updated on: Sun, 03 January 2010 18:20]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55675 is a reply to message #55149] Sun, 10 January 2010 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Orgasmatron78 is currently offline  Orgasmatron78

I like the look of that last sword. For some reason when i imagined a texture for it i saw it kind rusted and bloodstained at the edges. If you get it put up i would enjoy playing around with some textures. that is ,in like an fmp or something, I'm recently limited in the programs i can use for modding.

Sometimes the best laid plans don't always get you layed the way you planned

[Updated on: Sun, 10 January 2010 19:47]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #55708 is a reply to message #55149] Tue, 12 January 2010 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so i have made good progress on the gun mesh but im not ready to post any screenshots yet...this is just an update...i decided to just make it and see what it looked like and im thinking blunderbuss this thing is monstrous with a large barrel and heavy stock so ill keep u all informed
probably will begin working on modeling the firing mechanisms tomorrow(hammer/striker,etc)(they are purely for aesthetics and will not move unless sum1 can animate them to move when fired...)

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #56078 is a reply to message #55149] Mon, 08 February 2010 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright people im nearly done with the modeling part of my gun and will soon renew my quest to figure out how to skin my models. Does anyone have some new ideas here? im focusing on my gun so i aint had time to draw but im really wanting to see some designs...ill even make meshes of ones i like... then its just a matter of getting them skinned and imported in game
{EDIT} oops double post

[Updated on: Mon, 08 February 2010 14:13]

Re: Weapon Idea Factory [message #57666 is a reply to message #55548] Sun, 13 June 2010 22:44 Go to previous message
Nosferatu is currently offline  Nosferatu

morerunes wrote on Mon, 04 January 2010 01:42

I think I would like to try making a gun, I know JohnDoe was unsuccessful however.

If you manage to get something like a rapid fire on it (so you dont need to reload but just can fire unlimitedly, it could work, just make a new arrow mesh looking like a bullet. (not sure if that is possible nor that I'm saying it correctly.)

Anyways, here are my idea's.

i got that bow out of that other picture below it, next to the sword, but i forgot to erase it, im sorry, live with it.

Rolling Eyes
  • Attachment: ideass.png
    (Size: 666.98KB, Downloaded 638 times)

Pain, Anger, Hate, Fear, Chaos, Darkness, Evil, Hell.

The Gates Are Open:

Gate 1: Darkness, The World Of Demons.
Gate 2: My Gaurds Are Watching You.
Gate 3: Only Evils Lives Here.
Gate 4: There's No Way Out.
Gate 5: Feel The Fire.
Gate 6: Pick Up Your Weapons And Fight.
Previous Topic: Some Help Here
Next Topic: Making Towns Look Different.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 00:23:10 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01630 seconds