Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Help with re-skinning
Help with re-skinning [message #18603] Sat, 28 April 2007 12:58 Go to next message
boltonrc is currently offline  boltonrc
I am trying to re-skin the cutlass bluetane so that it is gray instead of green. I have found the correct texture (I think) and have edited it in Photoshop. I saved it as a .dds DXT-1 file with 1-bit alpha, which I read somewhere was the correct format to use (I have also tried DXT-1 without alpha, and even DXT-3). I load it into Fable Explorer, replace the original texture with the edited one, click apply changes, then click save mods and run fable. My game crashes every single time I try to go and look at the weapon. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks, and I am sorry if this is posted somewhere else, I spent awhile trying to find it here.
I would appreciate the help, I have been trying to do this for over a week now. Embarassed

Here is the file I am trying to use:
Re: Help with re-skinning [message #18607 is a reply to message #18603] Sat, 28 April 2007 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blyr is currently offline  Blyr
if it's anything like the problem I had, you might want to save it as .tga, that worked for me when I was trying to edit the dragon-eye thing.. (which still doesn't work completely >.<)
Re: Help with re-skinning [message #18608 is a reply to message #18603] Sat, 28 April 2007 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boltonrc is currently offline  boltonrc
I actually just figured out that the alpha has to be set to 0 instead of 1. It works fine when you don't make any mistakes. Didn't use the search tool good enough. Sorry for the retarded question.
Re: Help with re-skinning [message #21283 is a reply to message #18603] Wed, 04 July 2007 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TJ - Grozat is currently offline  TJ - Grozat
I've got the same problem with the quiver and skorm's bow (tried to make them darker) and saved as a jpeg. Didn't work. Crying or Very Sad
Re: Help with re-skinning [message #57868 is a reply to message #21283] Sat, 19 June 2010 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nosferatu is currently offline  Nosferatu

QUESTION:

Why is this topic in this section Confused ?

Pain, Anger, Hate, Fear, Chaos, Darkness, Evil, Hell.

The Gates Are Open:

Gate 1: Darkness, The World Of Demons.
Gate 2: My Gaurds Are Watching You.
Gate 3: Only Evils Lives Here.
Gate 4: There's No Way Out.
Gate 5: Feel The Fire.
Gate 6: Pick Up Your Weapons And Fight.

[Updated on: Sat, 19 June 2010 22:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help with re-skinning [message #57888 is a reply to message #57868] Sun, 20 June 2010 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Nosferatu wrote on Sun, 20 June 2010 00:58

QUESTION:

Because it's a question regarding graphics, and so belongs in the graphics discussion forum. It's not a retexture release.

This is the sort of thing you should have PM'd me about rather than bumping the three year old thread.
Re: Help with re-skinning [message #57892 is a reply to message #57888] Mon, 21 June 2010 01:31 Go to previous message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 21 June 2010 00:35

Nosferatu wrote on Sun, 20 June 2010 00:58

QUESTION:

Because it's a question regarding graphics, and so belongs in the graphics discussion forum. It's not a retexture release.

This is the sort of thing you should have PM'd me about rather than bumping the three year old thread.

I moved the topic here. It was in the finished mods section.
Didn't mention it, my bad.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Previous Topic: Question Guys.
Next Topic: Can someone check this .x
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 14:38:21 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01217 seconds