Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » [Weapon] Sheath issue
[Weapon] Sheath issue [message #58160] Wed, 30 June 2010 10:00 Go to next message
SnowmanDev is currently offline  SnowmanDev
hey i'm SnowmanDev AKA Stevie.

I've been modeling for a few years now and i've also been modding games for a while and normally i'm quite good at this.

But i have run into an issue, i've searched the forums with no avail so as a last resort i have decided to seek help.

I made a sword in 3ds max 2010 ( if you must know its a student license )
I exported to a .X with no issues, i have added dummy points for the Aug 1/Hpnt A and they show up fine in the .X.

I used the MESH_CLEAVER_BRASS_01 as my base and as i attempt to load in my model i get a Hresult = 887... parsing error.
I've read something about not being able to use the longswords without changing the name but i don't believe that is an issue here for me.

I'll upload the .x and I appreciate any help given.

Many thanks,

SnowmanDev.
  • Attachment: busterfinal.x
    (Size: 75.68KB, Downloaded 495 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 30 June 2010 12:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Weapon] Exported fine - got Hresult error [message #58165 is a reply to message #58160] Wed, 30 June 2010 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok due to the lack of interest in this post i decided to fix it myself lol so thanks for that ^_^

but i really do need help on this issue ...

http://img686.imageshack.us/i/89088164.png/
http://img534.imageshack.us/i/42080309.png/

the problem lies in the positioning of the weapon when being used and when sheathed.
When it is sheathed it stick out from the right shoulder like a cannon lol. Is this just an issue with the helper ?

thank you

[Updated on: Wed, 30 June 2010 12:33]

Re: [Weapon] Exported fine - got Hresult error [message #58167 is a reply to message #58165] Wed, 30 June 2010 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Okay here's some general fixes for this. For one, make sure the point of origin for everything but the helpers is 0,0,0. Second, make sure the helpers are placed right. And third, try rotating the model some. If this doesn't help then I'm stumped.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: [Weapon] Exported fine - got Hresult error [message #58169 is a reply to message #58167] Wed, 30 June 2010 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okey dpkey i'll have a nosey at that.

Can i just export the model from say the object file and import into max or do i have to export a fresh .X and start the whole weapon process from scratch ?

thank you.

:EDIT:

I tried the above suggestions on the exported version of the file, i managed to import it back into FE and the model spu on the right axis this time, but when i created the mod again then saved + run fable, the mesh was exactly the same as it was before.

Am i gonna have to go through each branch and edit everything ?

The branch i exported was the MESH_BUSTER, i didnt change anything else other than the 3 LOD and reloaded the textures, is this right ?

[Updated on: Wed, 30 June 2010 14:16]

Re: [Weapon] Exported fine - got Hresult error [message #58172 is a reply to message #58169] Wed, 30 June 2010 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Look dude I'm not a modeler in my own right. That was just a general fix list from fixes for stuff like that I've seen around the forum. So... yeah let's just wait for someone else to help now because what you said is out of my knowledge. sorry.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: [Weapon] Exported fine - got Hresult error [message #58174 is a reply to message #58172] Wed, 30 June 2010 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries, you seemed a little hostile then I hope that nothing has annoyed you, i wasn't asking you directly, more of the forum.

thank you for the help though, i'm sure you're right so i'll rebuild the mod from scratch.

cheers.
Re: [Weapon] Exported fine - got Hresult error [message #58175 is a reply to message #58174] Wed, 30 June 2010 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I wasn't trying to seem hostile. Simply trying to state my inexperience in modding. Sorry if I implied otherwise. Very Happy

Re: [Weapon] Exported fine - got Hresult error [message #58176 is a reply to message #58175] Wed, 30 June 2010 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha don't worry i know that everybody is inexperienced at something or other, but at least you took the time to put in your two-cents, so for that i thank you.

Re: [Weapon] Exported fine - got Hresult error [message #58186 is a reply to message #58176] Thu, 01 July 2010 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys, i seem to be still having an issue, should i delete the mod and start again or can i just change the .X/Mesh and it'll be fine ?

thanks.

:EDIT:

ok after messing about with my mesh/helpers it is definately them and yes you can edit just the mesh and not worry about anything else.

i've got the weapon in his hand now and it swings quite well, there is still a small problem when its on his back, but i few more tweaks and it should be ok. the only other thing i need to test is the flourish to make sure its not like the above image Smile

• Attachment: 4.png
    (Size: 4.01MB, Downloaded 902 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 01 July 2010 06:41]

Re: [Weapon] Exported fine - got Hresult error [message #58187 is a reply to message #58186] Thu, 01 July 2010 08:21 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Good job figuring it out, much better than most people do ^^

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Previous Topic: Need Help Please
Next Topic: Merging Submeshes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:40:48 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01555 seconds