Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Custom Armor Crashing Game
icon8.gif  Custom Armor Crashing Game [message #58212] Fri, 02 July 2010 17:47 Go to next message
SolidSnake is currently offline  SolidSnake
I downloaded Crazybunny's Jack of Blades outfit mod. I loaded it into Fable Explorer, and spawned a chest in the Guild Exterior area. (Screen of chest spawn script...)

Here were my steps:
1.) Downloaded the .fmp file to my desktop
2.) Opened Fable Explorer
3.) Uploaded .fmp file
4.) Insert new GuildExterior.tng into FinalAlbion folder
5.) Save mods and run fable
6.) Game starts, I am in Heros Guild, I run to Guild Exterior door and enter.
7.) I see chest, area does not kill Fable.
8.) I open chest, Fable freezes (for lack of better word) and I have to kill Fable to use computer.

About my computer:
1.) Windows Vista 32bit Operating System
2.) All graphical preferences in FableTLC are at minimum except resolution.
3.) Chocolate Box will not work (idk if this makes absolutely any difference) says:
[Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

The Specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT:0x8007007E).]

What does this mean???
  • Attachment: JoBCrash.jpg
    (Size: 145.53KB, Downloaded 1452 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 02 July 2010 17:50] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Custom Armor Crashing Game [message #58213 is a reply to message #58212] Fri, 02 July 2010 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

You say you used Crazy's fmp, did you also apply my fmp for the gloves? They are separate. It sounds like you didn't, since the game freezes when you open the chest, that happens when there is no recognized object in the chest. It could be I did the fmp wrong, although I tested it on clean game files. If you did apply my fmp and it still won't work, post a text document with your chest script and someone can test it.

Re: Custom Armor Crashing Game [message #58214 is a reply to message #58213] Fri, 02 July 2010 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is the modified TNG file. Not Original (I read the rules).
And I uploaded both your gloves and Crazybunny's outfit. I tested them seperately and together and the chest still crashed. The TNG is set to open as a text document already. BTW

Moderator's Note:
Don't post original game files, it is against the rules. Even though we are lax/undecided about tngs, I removed it(got the info I needed 1st)

Reply to Moderators Note:
I understand the policy of not posting original game files (Shouldn't we already have them????) But that file was only named GuildExterior.tng, it was not the file that came with my game disk. Should I have renamed it before I posted it?

[Updated on: Fri, 02 July 2010 18:29]

Re: Custom Armor Crashing Game [message #58215 is a reply to message #58214] Fri, 02 July 2010 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

It is considered an original file, as it was ripped from the original .wad file, but it isn't a big deal. I meant to post just the chest script, not the entire tng with all the original stuff in it, but once again, not a big deal, as it has been said that tngs may be ok.

Your script is fine, I tested just the chest and got the gloves with no problem, so I tested your entire tng and it still worked.

So, try applying the glove fmp again, maybe it glitched the first time. Hopefully someone else can also try the fmp soon to see if they also have this problem.

Edit: I just applied the fmp again on completely unmodded game files again and it worked fine. I do still hope someone else gives it a try to be sure.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 July 2010 18:51]

Re: Custom Armor Crashing Game [message #58216 is a reply to message #58215] Fri, 02 July 2010 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, well the strangest thing happened...

I reapplied the Jack Metal Glove New-Object.fmp file that you made, and I saved the mods and ran Fable.

However, when this happened, I got a message saying that Fable Explorer cannot locate the Graphic.big file. I have had this message before and just tried to reload the mods and Fable continued as normal. (Mods never worked Sad ) So, me, thinking that this is a normal, if not untimely, event, I tryed to save the mods and run Fable once again.

After doing this 4 times, it still did not work.

I am confused as to what the problem is now..

Quote:

It may be a Vista problem. Have you set up your 'modding environment' like Vista needs it to be?
I don't know about it, so check here:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=4625& ;amp ; ;start=0&

Ok, to clearify. I am the ONLY owner of my computer, and as such am an administrator. So I "own" all the files I install. But to directly answer, yes I have done what all of the Vista tutorials I have read told me to do.

As for the .tng and the compatablility files thing this is what I do.

1.) Open GuildExterior.tng (after I back it up)
2.) Insert chest script w/ gloves
3.) Open Computer> Drive C:> Program Files> Microsoft Games > Fable-The Lost Chapters> data> levels/ compatablity files> FinalAlbion(file).
4.) Paste modified GuildExterior.tng into FinalAlbion folder
5.) Go to FE
6.) Reapply JoB Gloves
7.) Save and Run mods
8.) Load my save game
9.) Go to Guild Exterior (ingame: Lookout Point, right infront of guild door.
10.) Open Chest
11.) Game Freeze
12.) Irate rampage
13.) Ask Moderators for help

[Updated on: Fri, 02 July 2010 19:27]

Re: Custom Armor Crashing Game [message #58217 is a reply to message #58216] Fri, 02 July 2010 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

It may be a Vista problem. Have you set up your 'modding environment' like Vista needs it to be?
I don't know about it, so check here:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=4625& ;start=0&

Re: Custom Armor Crashing Game [message #58226 is a reply to message #58217] Sat, 03 July 2010 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should I also attempt to claim ownership of the files just in case? And if I downloaded Morerunes application suite will it have the requirements of all the files?
Re: Custom Armor Crashing Game [message #58228 is a reply to message #58226] Sat, 03 July 2010 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
SolidSnake wrote on Sat, 03 July 2010 10:50

Should I also attempt to claim ownership of the files just in case?
Yes.

And if I downloaded Morerunes application suite will it have the requirements of all the files?
Not necessarily.
Re: Custom Armor Crashing Game [message #58229 is a reply to message #58228] Sat, 03 July 2010 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stranger wrote on Sat, 03 July 2010 09:09

Should I also attempt to claim ownership of the files just in case?
Yes.

And if I downloaded Morerunes application suite will it have the requirements of all the files?
Not necessarily.

OK. So can you direct me to where I can see the prerequisites and correct this problem?
Re: Custom Armor Crashing Game [message #58230 is a reply to message #58229] Sat, 03 July 2010 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
I will refer you to the ChocolateBox thread, first post. Everything you need can be found there.
Re: Custom Armor Crashing Game [message #58237 is a reply to message #58230] Sat, 03 July 2010 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes that helped a tremendous amount. But now I am getting an error saying that it cannot find the LEV and TNG files. When I try to fix, this comes up. index.php?t=getfile&id=8881&private=0

Oh, and before that, it said that userst.ini file was not modified correctly. (Fix= change use level wad to false) and the FinalAlbion.wad was not renamed. (Fix=Rename to _FinalAlbion.wad)
I retried and then got the error message.
  • Attachment: CboxError.jpg
    (Size: 67.67KB, Downloaded 1202 times)

[Updated on: Sat, 03 July 2010 19:12]

Re: Custom Armor Crashing Game [message #58247 is a reply to message #58237] Sun, 04 July 2010 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
ChocolateBox looks for FinalAlbion.wad if it can't find the LEVs and TNGs. It does this because it attempts to dump the LEVs and TNGs. It can't do this if it can't find the WAD. So you must have dumped manually and made a mistake, or at least attempted to and didn't finish, or just didn't do it at all. That would explain why the LEVs and TNGs aren't where they are supposed to be. Dump the WAD properly or rename it back to FinalAlbion.wad and let ChocolateBox do it.

[Updated on: Sun, 04 July 2010 03:57]

Re: Custom Armor Crashing Game [message #58253 is a reply to message #58247] Sun, 04 July 2010 12:19 Go to previous message
Ok, I got frustrated and uninstalled Fable TLC, and the application suite, as well as all the files left behind. I reinstalled everything and claimed ownership of it all. Then I set up chocolate box (ran as administrator) and applied the JoB outfit. Ran through a brand new profile and right after I graduated the guild I used the shop trainer to have the suit on hand. No crashes. Laughing
Previous Topic: FE+.fmp loading errors
Next Topic: LadyGrey Marriage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:12:02 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01189 seconds