Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Help request
icon5.gif  Help request [message #58289] Tue, 06 July 2010 00:32 Go to next message
Larkendar is currently offline  Larkendar
Hey there I just stepped into the world of 3d modeling and I figured hey what better a place to test my skills than Fable TLC since I allready have some models created.

Well one problem, I have no idea how to create a texture for my models! Or even a clue as how to get them into the game.

I allready have the basic tools, An image editor, Blender, And fable explorer.. (and of course fableTLC)

If any one could help me with this I would be greatly Appriciative!

(Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area i created this account some time ago but never came on to ask for help or get to know the forums please forgive my ignorance)

I Don't know if any one still uses the site but if you do please help! Smile
Re: Help request [message #58292 is a reply to message #58289] Tue, 06 July 2010 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Have you gotten the mesh into the game files yet?

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Help request [message #58294 is a reply to message #58289] Tue, 06 July 2010 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Check the part about editing models in this post.
It will help you a lot.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Help request [message #58313 is a reply to message #58292] Tue, 06 July 2010 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've only created them at this point and thank you old boy i'll be sure to look through the post in depth

will return with an update as to how its going shortly

_Edit_ Back and so is it 100% a neccecity to get 3ds max? If so ill go grab a copy

[Updated on: Tue, 06 July 2010 13:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help request [message #58315 is a reply to message #58313] Tue, 06 July 2010 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Static meshes are doable with Blender if you're up for a little bit of extra effort. Animated meshes too can be done but it goes from a little bit of extra effort to a hell of a lot of extra effort. Basically, you've got to do a lot of manual editing of the mesh with notepad to get the hierarchy correct, to get helpers placed in the mesh, for a lot of things. Static meshes aren't too big a deal, but it's just too impractical to do animated meshes without 3DS.
Re: Help request [message #58319 is a reply to message #58315] Tue, 06 July 2010 14:44 Go to previous message
Thanks just got me a copy of 3ds max hoping i can get some good stuff done with it its going to take me some time to get used to the new program but with time i will

thank you all for your help i will get back to you when my first model is created untill then i will read hard time on the how to and what not

thanks big time!!Smile
Previous Topic: FE EXPORT ANIMATIONS THREAD!
Next Topic: how to set helpers in 3d max
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 19:19:14 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02423 seconds