Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Problem with mesh import
Problem with mesh import [message #58330] Wed, 07 July 2010 02:16 Go to next message
Larkendar is currently offline  Larkendar
Ok so I made my sword got a texture and well now it has a problem... when i open it in Notepad to get every thing squared away it is in one giant blob of text instead of uniform like it should be ill upload a file for example

any way i can get it to come out more uniform instead of blob like so i can propperly import it into fable explorer?
  • Attachment: Example.txt
    (Size: 161.34KB, Downloaded 469 times)
Re: Problem with mesh import [message #58331 is a reply to message #58330] Wed, 07 July 2010 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Notepad doesn't handle text formatting. Use wordpad or something.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Problem with mesh import [message #58334 is a reply to message #58330] Wed, 07 July 2010 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Exported with Blender, yes? This was what I was trying to tell you before, you'll need to manually set up the hierarchy. Most of the stuff is there already so it won't be too hard. Take everything that starts with HPNT and HDMY and nest it inside Orphan Helpers, like this:
    Frame Orphan_Helpers {
      FrameTransformMatrix {
      }
      Frame HDMY_WALL_MOUNT_DUMMY {
        FrameTransformMatrix {
        }
      }
      Frame HDMY_AUG_02 {
        FrameTransformMatrix {
        }
      }
    }

The actual mesh frames (Greatsword2h and Material2D_55) will go under, well it can be called anything, the name is stripped on import to Fable, but in this case it is called MESH_SWORD_GREAT_IRON_01. Orphan_Helpers and MESH_SWORD_GREAT_IRON_01 will go under the Scene2DRoot (might want to change that to Scene-Root, not sure). Leave everything else alone, I know it won't look like what FE exports, but that doesn't matter because FE will still accept what Blender exports as long as you have the hierarchy set up right. It can get confusing so keep track of how many {'s and }'s you're moving.

morerunes has a guide out there for this, I'm certain of it.
Re: Problem with mesh import [message #58335 is a reply to message #58330] Wed, 07 July 2010 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Anything that handles xml or some other app that does syntax highlighting will help keep track of your brackets.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Problem with mesh import [message #58353 is a reply to message #58334] Wed, 07 July 2010 22:27 Go to previous message
Larkendar is currently offline  Larkendar
ty soo much helped alot!
Previous Topic: Another question :)
Next Topic: character model edit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:25:37 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01183 seconds