Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Another question :)
Another question :) [message #58327] Tue, 06 July 2010 19:44 Go to next message
Larkendar is currently offline  Larkendar
are there any tools out there that can load the 3d model so that i can paint it inside the program (preferably free if not cheap)

or is there a way with paint.net to take like a color from another texture (like another sword) and paint its colors onto my sword? because it is very hard to get it done as is been working for hours and it looks like somthing you would see in a very shity game... how does on create good looking textures?
Re: Another question :) [message #58328 is a reply to message #58327] Tue, 06 July 2010 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I typically use existing textures. Google UVW mapping for a tutorial on how to take a texture and use it for whatever you're working on.
Re: Another question :) [message #58329 is a reply to message #58328] Wed, 07 July 2010 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Larkendar is currently offline  Larkendar
i beleive ive allready got the texture map for it or the uvw map w/e it is called ill include the file to see if this is the correct thing i was suposed to get out of the process

-Edit- Possibly resolved but have new problem... dont know if i should open another thread but i will... hopfully no one minds im new at this all and require any help possable ^_^
  • Attachment: sword.png
    (Size: 198.94KB, Downloaded 396 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 07 July 2010 02:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Another question :) [message #58332 is a reply to message #58329] Wed, 07 July 2010 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Larkendar wrote on Wed, 07 July 2010 02:11

-Edit- Possibly resolved but have new problem... dont know if i should open another thread but i will... hopfully no one minds im new at this all and require any help possable ^_^
Problem is that you don't go on to say what the problem is...
Fun texture, but I think you might be better off just having a checker flag pattern throughout the whole thing.
Re: Another question :) [message #58333 is a reply to message #58327] Wed, 07 July 2010 05:46 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
That's a horrid unwrap.

http://www.waylon-art.com/uvw_tutorial/uvwtut_01.html

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Previous Topic: how to set helpers in 3d max
Next Topic: Problem with mesh import