Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Magic rework
Magic rework [message #58368] Thu, 08 July 2010 12:45 Go to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
I posed this idea on IRC but I'll write it here too.

The idea is to remove the ability to receive will experience from anything other than books. Optional - [And then disable the ability to spend General Exp on it as well.]

There's an unused inventory menu that magic can be placed into to better separate it.

The concept is that you can only learn to use magic through books you purchase or find.

It'd be even better if that could be further seperated by spell, but I just don't think that is possible.

(This was the basis for going through and fixing a lot of the xml for the inventory management defs.)

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Magic rework [message #58372 is a reply to message #58368] Thu, 08 July 2010 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Hmm. I like the idea, but I'd still wanna be able to spend general experience on it. If you could make it where 1 general experience counted for half of any other type.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Magic rework [message #58398 is a reply to message #58368] Fri, 09 July 2010 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
Keshire wrote on Thu, 08 July 2010 12:45

It'd be even better if that could be further seperated by spell, but I just don't think that is possible.

Maybe you could link the books to the spell's dummy objects somehow?

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: Magic rework [message #58399 is a reply to message #58398] Fri, 09 July 2010 14:11 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
nicomon wrote on Fri, 09 July 2010 16:10

Keshire wrote on Thu, 08 July 2010 12:45

Maybe you could link the books to the spell's dummy objects somehow?

Now that's a good suggestion actually. I'll look into it.
Fable 3 looks to be forcing certain clothing to be worn to cast certain spells. For us, this would be the next best thing.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Previous Topic: Help/ New to this site
Next Topic: Two belts on armor?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:47:53 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01268 seconds