Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Morphing Weapons
Morphing Weapons [message #58457] Mon, 12 July 2010 10:33 Go to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Here's what has failed, and what hasn't been tried yet:

Adding CAppearanceModifierDef (obviously a must) = Nothing
AlwaysFrameUpdate = Nothing
IsClothing = Nothing
GroupDef = Nothing

CAMD-AppearanceType = Changed to a few values, Nothing
The stat modifiers of it also seem to not be registering.

Haven't messed with Body Placement yet.
Haven't tried to tie it to heromorhpdef for texture changes (ala prophet robes I did)
Haven't removed all the non-essential cdefs from the weapon.

Haven't tried using a skeletal mesh (like Bows). It'd be pretty stupid if that was a requirement though. But stupid hasn't stopped some of the design decisions so far.

Otherwise I'm missing a value or something that says it can morph.

Any ideas?

Edit: Tried everything in red.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 July 2010 16:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Morphing Weapons [message #58475 is a reply to message #58457] Mon, 12 July 2010 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
It looks like inventory issues are holding this back.

There are a couple related issues to solving that.

If you don't use the weapon inventory the model(s) need to be weighted to the player's skeleton. Like clothing. Otherwise he'll drop it on the ground like he never had it and you can't pick it up.

And of course without an inventory entry you can't load and unload it.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Morphing Weapons [message #58476 is a reply to message #58475] Mon, 12 July 2010 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Kesh, this has three weapons weighted to the Hero's skeleton. Can be used on the AppearanceModifier of the horns for testing.
Re: Morphing Weapons [message #58478 is a reply to message #58476] Mon, 12 July 2010 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Stranger wrote on Mon, 12 July 2010 19:59

Kesh, this has three weapons weighted to the Hero's skeleton. Can be used on the AppearanceModifier of the horns for testing.

Using the Horns as the starting point, these work.
Now to fix the weapondef and inventory stuff for them.

Then clean it all up and make an actual weapon. Smile

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Morphing Weapons [message #58479 is a reply to message #58478] Mon, 12 July 2010 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Okay, I've edited this post quite a few times now. Needs to be reorganized.

My base is the OBJECT_HERO_HORNS. I have added all the CTCs and CDefs that you would find in any weapon or clothing entry. I'm using the animated longsword meshes posted above for AppearanceModifier morphing, as well as the iron longsword as the "folded" static mesh in the OBJECT entry.

I have had everything set to act as a weapon, and it functioned exactly as a weapon despite all the clothing entries. Interestingly enough, it would also be automatically worn. So I has two OBJECT_HERO_HORNS going on, one as a weapon, the other as clothing, both at the same time. Unfortunately, morphing only worked on the clothing one. You think having no effect is bad? I had two no effects of different kinds at the same time.

I have had everything set to act as clothing, even going so far as to actually turn it into clothing that won't automatically be worn and so must be spawned***, they were gloves. As clothing, they morphed as expected. But it wasn't a weapon.

Switched everything back to act as a weapon except for InventoryCategory and InventoryType in the CInventoryItemDef, which remained as clothing. The item acted as clothing, morphing worked.

Switched everything once more back to act as clothing, switched InventoryCategory and InventoryType in the CInventoryItemDef to act as a weapon. Again, the item acted as a weapon, morphing did not work.

Having InventoryType and InventoryCategory not match resulted in a crash in both Clothing/Weapon and Weapon/Clothing combinations.

After countless experiments, I have played around with everything you have in the first post in every imaginable combination except the CHeroMorphDef. Which is a bad thing because the only thing the CHeroMorphDef can morph without a CAppearanceModifierDef is the Hero. What will happen is that we'll only be able to successfully implement texture morphing on the swords that act as clothing and not the swords that act as swords.

*** Unrelated notes.

Last edit, and then I quit. Tried the CHeroMorphDef. Started out with nicomon's idea and then just tried to get anything going with the CHeroMorphDef, got nothing for weapons. Exhausted this one. Tried it with and without the CAppearanceModifierDef, with static and animated meshes, same as before. Works only on clothing.

Must have edited this post over a dozen times. Time for some much earned sleep.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 July 2010 03:03]

Re: Morphing Weapons [message #58481 is a reply to message #58479] Mon, 12 July 2010 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nosferatu is currently offline  Nosferatu

looks like some good advantage is going on here, ill definitely check this post time to time.

Pain, Anger, Hate, Fear, Chaos, Darkness, Evil, Hell.

The Gates Are Open:

Gate 1: Darkness, The World Of Demons.
Gate 2: My Gaurds Are Watching You.
Gate 3: Only Evils Lives Here.
Gate 4: There's No Way Out.
Gate 5: Feel The Fire.
Gate 6: Pick Up Your Weapons And Fight.
Re: Morphing Weapons [message #58486 is a reply to message #58457] Tue, 13 July 2010 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Guess it's time to see what's so different about the inventory stuff between weapon and clothing. Smile

Edit:
INVENTORY_CATEGORY -> Available Augments (obviously not related to augments at all...)

INVENTORY_TYPE->BF94D2A0
-Weapon = False
-Clothing = True (Only Type to be set True)

->28231802 & 56BB8233 clothing has floats set to 1.0 (might just be menu related though)

->InventoryIdentifier
-Weapon = 3
-Clothing = 2

The rest is just menu stuff. Text, Hero Suits, and floats for x/y positions.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 July 2010 06:39]

Re: Morphing Weapons [message #58567 is a reply to message #58486] Thu, 15 July 2010 14:18 Go to previous message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
Stranger, if you haven't deleted it yet, could you send me an FMP of what you've got on this?

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Previous Topic: Easy Def Searching
Next Topic: Unknown Def Notes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:30:15 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01279 seconds