Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Objects » Dragon Soul
Dragon Soul [message #59566] Sun, 03 October 2010 12:24 Go to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
this is a sword model and texture i made for Fable but was unabe to make it fable-ready(hierarchy is a concept i seem to have trouble with) both the .blend and the texture are uploaded but the texture is more of a recommendation than a necessity(i want the same color scheme but if some1 wants to try to improve the texture feel free)
Sword name: Dragon Soul
Description: Drawn from the Stone Relic that was once the body of Ancalador, The King of all dragons, by the great warrior Dethre. This sword glows with the light of a Dragon's Heart.
Damage: 220
One Hand
Augmentations: 2 Empty slots, 1 Fire for total of 3 slots
please PM me here or on xfire if you have any questions

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2010 16:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can someone ake this Fable-ready and load into an FMP [message #59801 is a reply to message #59566] Thu, 21 October 2010 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greenfang is currently offline  Greenfang
Is there any way you can upload the original symbols that are on the pommel and blade? So far I've got your mesh fixed and I'm working on the UV mapping for the texture, but if you wanted the symbols on the blade, I'm going to need them as blank images. Even URLs for where you got them would be good.

Edit: Uploaded what I have without the symbols. It's pretty much the same color scheme. Also, I combined quite a few vertices to make sure the edges were perfect.
  • Attachment: Dragon_Soul.x
    (Size: 146.67KB, Downloaded 703 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2010 13:26]

Re: Can someone ake this Fable-ready and load into an FMP [message #59807 is a reply to message #59801] Thu, 21 October 2010 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the sybols were randomly made up on the spot...but i can get some designs for them...oh and my phrasing was off...i had meant made into an fmp although i take responsibility for that bit of misunderstanding...as for the symbols ill work on that...
{EDIT}
BTW what did u think of the design of the blade overall? its my first blender mesh so im kind of craving feedback
{EDIT 2}
here is a png with the sybols...all are made-up so feel free to modify them some to make it look better(i understand my designs may suck so is ok if they are modified here although i wud hate to see them thrown out)

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2010 17:06]

Re: Can someone ake this Fable-ready and load into an FMP [message #59810 is a reply to message #59807] Thu, 21 October 2010 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr wrote on Thu, 21 October 2010 19:52

the sybols were randomly made up on the spot...but i can get some designs for them...oh and my phrasing was off...i had meant made into an fmp although i take responsibility for that bit of misunderstanding...as for the symbols ill work on that...

I'm still working on making into an fmp. Of course, to do so, it would mean making sure that the model was flawless, and the texture went over correctly. Your model was too small and oriented incorrectly, but I fixed that, and added helpers for the hitpoints and flourish guides. Because of that, the symbols were going to get way stretched. I wanted the originals to cut down on the stretching.

Quote:

{EDIT}
BTW what did u think of the design of the blade overall? its my first blender mesh so im kind of craving feedback

The design is good. All I could really recommend is to make it out of, maybe, solid objects, that way the vertices are aligned perfectly. I ended up removing approximately 100 vertices in order to get the edges perfectly smooth.
Re: Can someone ake this Fable-ready and load into an FMP [message #59818 is a reply to message #59810] Fri, 22 October 2010 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it was pretty rough...actually the size was me scaling it down to fit in render frame to try for a demo render(i hadnt figured out the camera stuff at the time) i just forgot to fix it

Re: Can someone ake this Fable-ready and load into an FMP [message #59823 is a reply to message #59566] Fri, 22 October 2010 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finalized. It's got all your requirements, and works perfectly for me, even with a pre-modded TLC.

This needs to be loaded with cbox.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2010 16:34] by Moderator

Re: Can someone ake this Fable-ready and load into an FMP [message #59824 is a reply to message #59823] Fri, 22 October 2010 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet cant wait to get it in game!
{EDIT}
when i try to load with FE shadownet i get error invalid file content type...searched and did not get a single hit on "invalid file content type" but im guessing u made the fmp with Cbox am i correct?

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2010 14:47]

Re: Can someone ake this Fable-ready and load into an FMP [message #59825 is a reply to message #59824] Fri, 22 October 2010 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

This needs to be loaded with cbox. It clashed with my modded game files. It seems that cbox does not create new ID#s for everything, it applied text entries from clothing I put into the game using FE. Then the mesh was of a weapon from an fmp.
The thing to do I guess is to apply this to clean files with cbox, then apply any mods that need to use FE afterward.
The fmp worked and there WAS a new weapon, in name at least, so I will move this to the Object Section. Change the title please Charr.

Re: Can someone ake this Fable-ready and load into an FMP [message #59827 is a reply to message #59825] Fri, 22 October 2010 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
jwc2200 wrote on Fri, 22 October 2010 23:24

This needs to be loaded with cbox.

Wouldn't this need to be on the first post as well? - To avoid confusion.

27/4/11 23:XX (11:XX Pm) She went to a better place. 28/4/11 10:XX She was burried; RIP

Leren van de taal van Nederland is leuk.
Ik heb nog veel te leren, hoewel.

Tengo la ambición de aprender a español.
Yet I have no idea how to start.
Re: Can someone ake this Fable-ready and load into an FMP [message #59829 is a reply to message #59827] Fri, 22 October 2010 16:12 Go to previous message
1. thnx morerunes for accidentally helping me be able to use cbox(TNW installer fixed whatever problem had been preventing me from using it)
2. thnx greenfang for ur work opn this mod
3. ill try to repack this into a functional FE fmp as soon as i restore fable to original so i can actually try out the sword
4. someone plz post screenshots
5. haven't thot up a five

• Attachment: d.jpg
    (Size: 61.41KB, Downloaded 8714 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 25 October 2010 00:26] by Moderator

Previous Topic: Rapier
Next Topic: JohnDoe Masks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:46:30 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01325 seconds