Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Change Weapon Sheath Position?
Change Weapon Sheath Position? [message #60012] Wed, 03 November 2010 13:21 Go to next message
IanMac35 is currently offline  IanMac35
Hey, i've been wondering about something for a while and i just can't figure it out. I really like using scythe's weapon. it's really brutal and i love it. the problem is, whenever it's sheathed, it looks like my character has a giant effing wooden antenna sticking out of his back. so i was wondering how to possibly make it so my hero holds the scythe more towards the base (the bottom) so he sheaths it in a more appealing way, or just make it so he sheaths it in a different position.

by the way, i have fable explorer so i have a basic grasp on how to change things. that's how i got the scythe in the first place. i read something about making it so it's sheathed as a heavy weapon, but it crashed the game when i tried it.

please help. thanks!
Re: Change Weapon Sheath Position? [message #60013 is a reply to message #60012] Wed, 03 November 2010 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

First off heavy weapons and light weapons unmolested sheathe the same way. What you want requires some 3d modelling. If you're good with that then find the helpers on the wooden part of the scythe, and then move them around on the weapon until it sheathes more appealingly.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Change Weapon Sheath Position? [message #60016 is a reply to message #60013] Wed, 03 November 2010 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IanMac35 is currently offline  IanMac35
I may just try what you said, but i have no idea how. if you could point me towards a tutorial or another post that explains how to do this, that would be great. i don't even know what a helper is. and i also don't have any 3d modelling software

Hate is the illusion of superiority.
Re: Change Weapon Sheath Position? [message #60017 is a reply to message #60016] Wed, 03 November 2010 15:09 Go to previous message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Check out the section about editing models in this post.
If you've never done anything like this be prepared to put some time in it.

Another option is to make the weapon disappear when sheathed.
There's a link to a tutorial in the above post as well.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Previous Topic: summon spell...earth troll...
Next Topic: How to mod Armor deff
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:59:24 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01241 seconds