Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Limit of meshes on models
Limit of meshes on models [message #60027] Wed, 03 November 2010 19:08 Go to next message
jp_b46 is currently offline  jp_b46
Hello, i wanted to ask this, while making the gungnir i had this problem: When i imported it to fable it didnt worked correctly or caused the game crashes, so after like... 2 hours trying different things with the textures, helpers and a lot more of stuff i realized that reducing the number of meshes on blender (by joining them) solved the problem, so i would like to know if there's a limit of meshes or it just happened to me? and for armours its the same?
Re: Limit of meshes on models [message #60028 is a reply to message #60027] Wed, 03 November 2010 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
jp_b46 wrote on Wed, 03 November 2010 21:08

Hello, i wanted to ask this, while making the gungnir i had this problem: When i imported it to fable it didnt worked correctly or caused the game crashes, so after like... 2 hours trying different things with the textures, helpers and a lot more of stuff i realized that reducing the number of meshes on blender (by joining them) solved the problem, so i would like to know if there's a limit of meshes or it just happened to me?
While I don't think there's an exact limit, I do know that it's best to keep the number of submeshes as low as possible. Also makes it easier to assign textures to all the LODs, less repeating steps.
jp_b46 wrote on Wed, 03 November 2010 21:08

and for armours its the same?
Yes.
Re: Limit of meshes on models [message #60030 is a reply to message #60027] Wed, 03 November 2010 19:28 Go to previous message
jp_b46 is currently offline  jp_b46
thanks man... and i got to say, i hate it XD it gived me a lot of problems... but you are right about the textures
Previous Topic: Alpha Texture Links
Next Topic: What goes into making a mesh 'fable ready'?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:43:30 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01077 seconds