Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » What goes into making a mesh 'fable ready'?
What goes into making a mesh 'fable ready'? [message #60052] Thu, 04 November 2010 15:07 Go to next message
itstwoam is currently offline  itstwoam
I've been visiting this site for awhile now. I've picked up almost everything I need to know about editing models. Blender I have experience in, I'm currently using the latest version of it. It has no trouble loading meshes exported from FE, however FE get's an aneyurism or however that's spelled whenever I try to load the modified mesh. I'm not being sarcastic either, the FE message reads "I just had an aneyurism: incorrect vertices format." I import .X files into blender and save the mesh as .X files. Now I've searched quite a few posts where people are offering to make a mesh 'fable ready.' I tried searching the forums for fable ready topics but only found ones where people were offering to do the work themselves. Is it a complicated process, can someone point me in the right direction?
Re: What goes into making a mesh 'fable ready'? [message #60053 is a reply to message #60052] Thu, 04 November 2010 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

I assume you've read this?
Also: what sort of model are you working on? A weapon?

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: What goes into making a mesh 'fable ready'? [message #60079 is a reply to message #60053] Sat, 06 November 2010 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itstwoam is currently offline  itstwoam
9. Somebody will have to hierarchy it and get a texture map.

I guess this would be the issue I'm talking about. Thanks for bringing that up. I've looked through so much stuff I couldn't remember where I had spotted this. As far as what models I'm editing I'm working on any type really. I haven't had success with weapons, scenery or even people.
Re: What goes into making a mesh 'fable ready'? [message #60080 is a reply to message #60079] Sat, 06 November 2010 08:23 Go to previous message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

There's a similar topic going here.
As for what you're working on, weapons are by far the easiest to do, everything else is quite hard.
Also Blenders .x support sucks, so I'd advice you to grab 3dsmax for working on models in .x
You'll need an importer/exporter for it though.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Previous Topic: Limit of meshes on models
Next Topic: importing X files to 3dsmax
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 18:55:23 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01082 seconds