Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » importing X files to 3dsmax
importing X files to 3dsmax [message #60032] Wed, 03 November 2010 19:30 Go to next message
jp_b46 is currently offline  jp_b46
Its me again, i wanted to know if any of you knows about a plugin to import/export X files to 3dsmax 2009 i tried to use Xporter but it didnt worked, and i couldnt manage to get pandasoft (also, i dont know if this one is for exporting only)
Re: importing X files to 3dsmax [message #60033 is a reply to message #60032] Wed, 03 November 2010 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Make sure you're using the right version of Xporter (depends on your version of 3DS). And yes, Pandasoft is for exporting only, and it's only needed for animated meshes.
Re: importing X files to 3dsmax [message #60035 is a reply to message #60032] Wed, 03 November 2010 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm... i will have to search, i used an xporter version i found here

well, i got a newer version and doesnt works... also, i must say that i dont have an idea about how to install it... but i installed pandasoft and doesnt works neither

[Updated on: Wed, 03 November 2010 19:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: importing X files to 3dsmax [message #60081 is a reply to message #60035] Sat, 06 November 2010 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

http://www.kwxport.org/

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: importing X files to 3dsmax [message #60082 is a reply to message #60081] Sat, 06 November 2010 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
jp_b46 wrote on Wed, 03 November 2010 21:38

well, i got a newer version and doesnt works... also, i must say that i dont have an idea about how to install it... but i installed pandasoft and doesnt works neither
Newer version doesn't mean better. You need the version compatible with your version of 3DS. You're probably getting an error that says "wrong version" or something like that. Same thing with Pandasoft, but again, that's an export-only plugin, and it's only needed for animated meshes.

By the way, I just love to repeat myself. So go ahead and say something that warrants me saying this exact same thing again. I'd love that.
OldBoy wrote on Sat, 06 November 2010 10:25

http://www.kwxport.org/

Wouldn't recommend it. I tried it out years ago, it was absolutely awful in all ways imaginable. Of course, that was years ago, might be better now. Also worth mentioning, it's like the Pandasoft plugin, export only, and you'd only need it for animated meshes.

We know that xporter/Pandasoft works. Use that. And get the right versions.
Re: importing X files to 3dsmax [message #60083 is a reply to message #60082] Sat, 06 November 2010 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Sat, 06 November 2010 16:42

Wouldn't recommend it. I tried it out years ago, it was absolutely awful in all ways imaginable. Of course, that was years ago, might be better now. Also worth mentioning, it's like the Pandasoft plugin, export only, and you'd only need it for animated meshes.

We know that xporter/Pandasoft works. Use that. And get the right versions.

Check, never tried it myself.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: importing X files to 3dsmax [message #60092 is a reply to message #60082] Sat, 06 November 2010 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe wrote on Sat, 06 November 2010 08:42

jp_b46 wrote on Wed, 03 November 2010 21:38

Newer version doesn't mean better. You need the version compatible with your version of 3DS. You're probably getting an error that says "wrong version" or something like that. Same thing with Pandasoft, but again, that's an export-only plugin, and it's only needed for animated meshes.

By the way, I just love to repeat myself. So go ahead and say something that warrants me saying this exact same thing again. I'd love that.

When i said newer version i meant a newer version of xport, and im asking because im not getting any error messages, it just didn worked.

i know pandasoft its export only, that's why i was looking for an importing tool. Well, i got pandasoft to work. (but i dont think im using any animated mesh XD)
Re: importing X files to 3dsmax [message #60093 is a reply to message #60092] Sat, 06 November 2010 19:53 Go to previous message

Retired
If you could be more descriptive of your problem, if you could tell us what's going on, if you could take screencaps of anything that you're noticing that doesn't look/act right, that would help infinitely more than "it doesn't work".

And the Pandasoft plugin can export either static or animated meshes, but because Xporter is more reliable for static mesh export, you should only use Pandasoft for animated meshes.

Said the same thing three times now, considering locking the thread.
Previous Topic: What goes into making a mesh 'fable ready'?
Next Topic: Importing/Opening A Weapon In Blender
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:32:13 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01330 seconds