Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tutorials » How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE.
How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE. [message #57735] Wed, 16 June 2010 00:56 Go to next message
Nosferatu is currently offline  Nosferatu

Welcome to this tutorial!

In this tutorial i will show you how to make a retexture and save it as a .big file.

This is a tutorial even the newest newb of all newbs will understand, its all with picture's, so it wont be to hard to understand.

Lets Get started!

And thats the way to do it !

Hope you succeed and be making alot of mods in the future. Wink

You could always look Here and Here, those are the two things that learned me this. Very Happy

Questions will be answered!

Pain, Anger, Hate, Fear, Chaos, Darkness, Evil, Hell.

The Gates Are Open:

Gate 1: Darkness, The World Of Demons.
Gate 2: My Gaurds Are Watching You.
Gate 3: Only Evils Lives Here.
Gate 4: There's No Way Out.
Gate 5: Feel The Fire.
Gate 6: Pick Up Your Weapons And Fight.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 June 2010 03:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE. [message #57816 is a reply to message #57735] Thu, 17 June 2010 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
This was moved here as it will serve better as an in-depth guide for those who have trouble with the simple instructions. The stack of spoilers is a bit intimidating, too.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 June 2010 22:54]

Re: How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE. [message #60108 is a reply to message #57735] Mon, 08 November 2010 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skullwarrierz is currently offline  skullwarrierz
I feel noobish XD but I did everything you said to do, and nothing went wrong, but my retexture doesn't show. and even for learning I used the neutral boots. and just wrote my name on it in Paint.net then saved it and loaded it and all that stuff...but when i did actions save mods and load fable...I put the armor on and nothing happened...probably my fault XD but just wanna know if i missed sumthin.

Ahh i got it...i needed to use .bmp instead of .png

PURPLE PANDA!

[Updated on: Mon, 08 November 2010 16:39]

Re: How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE. [message #60110 is a reply to message #60108] Mon, 08 November 2010 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
skullwarrierz

probably my fault

You can probably change probably into It was/is but whatever.

I don't think you can write names on armours and other items,
That's my explanation.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

27/4/11 23:XX (11:XX Pm) She went to a better place. 28/4/11 10:XX She was burried; RIP

Leren van de taal van Nederland is leuk.
Ik heb nog veel te leren, hoewel.

Tengo la ambición de aprender a español.
Yet I have no idea how to start.
Re: How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE. [message #60111 is a reply to message #60110] Mon, 08 November 2010 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

IDontKnow wrote on Mon, 08 November 2010 16:09

skullwarrierz

probably my fault

You can probably change probably into It was/is but whatever.

I don't think you can write names on armours and other items,
That's my explanation.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You can but it has to be in the right place or it wont show.Try on one of the actual parts of the clothing instead of the background. And make sure you apply changes!

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE. [message #60119 is a reply to message #57735] Tue, 09 November 2010 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Devase is currently offline  Devase

IDIOT PIRATE
Ok i am getting abit frustrated... lol
i am new to this and therefore a noob! anyway i have followed ur guide but i cant seem to get the texture to work ingame. I retexture the boots and apply changes and do all the steps ect. I start the game but the texture wont show up (I am texturing solid material) and then i close the game and go back into FE and find the the file is still the same with the same texture and stuff.

But one thing i have noticed and that everyones FE has all the .big files already there. My FE is in a folder by itself in my documents and when i start it theres no files there, i have to manually load them and they have the folder path in the file name. Another thing i find impossible and getting the feature save mod and run fable to work, it comes up with an error because it cant find fable.exe or something. I have tried putting all the files into my fable folder in random spots but with no success.

please and thank you.
Re: How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE. [message #60120 is a reply to message #60119] Tue, 09 November 2010 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The error with save mods and run fable is "Cannot find splash.exe" That is normal, just click ok and go on with it. it simply means it can't run fable's splash screen. As for getting the textures to work, the alpha setting automatically changes to one, make sure you lower that to zero. As for why the big files don't show up, you DO mean they don't show up in the upper left panel in FE, right?

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE. [message #60121 is a reply to message #60119] Tue, 09 November 2010 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DarkONI is currently offline  DarkONI
I don't understand how you were able to make all the steps when you have some issues with your Fable Explorer. First thing you should do is to download the latest version of FableExplorer.

Secondly, if you run on Microsoft Windows Vista or Microsoft Windows 7 then you should read this.

Third and last, to "Save mods & Run Fable" You require to have a crack.
Re: How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE. [message #60122 is a reply to message #60121] Tue, 09 November 2010 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You mean he's not running off of the cd? o.o

Re: How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE. [message #60123 is a reply to message #60122] Tue, 09 November 2010 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DarkONI is currently offline  DarkONI
I could be wrong. However he specifies "fable.exe" it could be that he isn't using a crack on his game before using that option. Therefore, he gets a strange error.
Re: How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE. [message #60124 is a reply to message #60123] Tue, 09 November 2010 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I see. I simply said splash.exe thinking that he didn't pay attention to the specific file and instead came up with fable, but your answer makes sense as well.... Well whichever works. =/

Re: How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE. [message #60133 is a reply to message #57735] Tue, 09 November 2010 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

IDIOT PIRATE
I make sure I change the alpha back to 0 (I can follow instructions lol) and yes the files wont show up in the top left corner of FE i have to manually open them through File-Open Then they stay there but they have the file path infront of the .big file. I am not running off the CD, my version is portable and I'm pretty certain that the .exe i am using is a crack. I am running on Windows XP but my account does not have administrator privileges.

When i click "save mods and run fable" it comes up with an unhandled exception, it says "The system cannot find the file specified" and when i click continue it comes up with a new window saying "Press ok when you have finished using and have closed fable" but when I leave that open and run fable nothing has changed nor when i click ok and run fable.

Sorry if i missed something or some of this doesn't make sense i was up till 2a.m. and thats when i posted that earlier reply.
Re: How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE. [message #60134 is a reply to message #60133] Tue, 09 November 2010 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

So then you don't own one of these?

Re: How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE. [message #60135 is a reply to message #60134] Tue, 09 November 2010 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

IDIOT PIRATE
asmcint wrote on Tue, 09 November 2010 15:50

So then you don't own one of these?

No i do not
Re: How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE. [message #60138 is a reply to message #60135] Tue, 09 November 2010 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Oh wow we got a pirate here.
Site Rule 3(posted by Pe_ell)

3.We do not endorse pirating. Suggesting or asking for such will get you banned. If you like a game BUY IT. People worked hard to make something to entertain you, it's the least you can do. If you are caught without one of these you will be banned.http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9471/fablediscbox.png

Re: How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE. [message #60140 is a reply to message #60138] Tue, 09 November 2010 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

IDIOT PIRATE
asmcint wrote on Tue, 09 November 2010 17:05

Oh wow we got a pirate here.
Site Rule 3(posted by Pe_ell)

3.We do not endorse pirating. Suggesting or asking for such will get you banned. If you like a game BUY IT. People worked hard to make something to entertain you, it's the least you can do. If you are caught without one of these you will be banned.http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9471/fablediscbox.png

lol, uptight much? anyway u said "did i own one", i might have borrowed it from someone like a friend and besides i already got the game on xbox so even if i did download an illegal copy they have been payed for teh game, i simply would have wanted it on pc.

anyway i would like some help with my problem.
Re: How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE. [message #60141 is a reply to message #60140] Tue, 09 November 2010 18:26 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Devase wrote on Tue, 09 November 2010 19:37

anyway i would like some help with my problem.
Buy the game, then come back.
Previous Topic: [General]How to Make Back-Ups
Next Topic: [Weapons] Add weapons to inventory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:42:14 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01108 seconds