Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Packages » 3 New Weapons in a Chest  () 1 Vote
3 New Weapons in a Chest [message #60148] Wed, 10 November 2010 21:30 Go to next message
IonXi is currently offline  IonXi
Hiya all!

I've been lurking in the forums for about a week now. I stumbled across fabletlcmod while looking for a trainer, and had no idea that modding fable was this possible. As such, I'm fairly new to the modding scene. But I wanted to make my first post something significant to me, a token of appreciation to show what I've learned since stumbling across this site.Unfortunately, due to the way things go, I can only give you three pics with one post since I'm giving you two versions of my mod.

Things included:

3 new weapons

Weapon one is a new entry ID using the mesh/texture of the Obsidian Greatsword. It has new damage, new description, and is called the Ultima Weapon. Just because it's HUGE, one-handed, and a light weapon. Razz

Weapon two is all that AND a retexture of Skorm's Bow, which I named Nayru's Love due to it now being blue and having a Hylian Crest. Laughing

Weapon three is COMPLETELY unique. I built the mesh from the ground up, and the texture. Forgive me, because I'm no artist, so it isn't the greatest. lol

1 Chest to hold them all

It's a 30 key chest in the picnic area. It does require 30 items, and they are still "silver", but they aren't silver keys! That's the only hint you get! xD

And a Teleporter

Honestly, it snuck in there. Forgot it was part of my picnic area tng. Careful with the tables. One of them will take you to Archon's Folly if you aren't careful!

And for all of you that don't want to mess with your picnic area tng, I'm including a .fmp that only adds in the weapons, and you can spawn them yourself. Very Happy

Now, on to the files!

index.php?t=getfile&id=9289&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=9290&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=9291&private=0

:EDIT:

Nearly forgot to give credits to the people I'm thanking. First of all, OldBoy. Without his little 'table of contents for newbies' I'd be lost. JohnDoe, great job on the chest spawner guide. Very Happy And morerunes! Thanks for the how to on mesh editing!

I wish I had an airship...

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2010 21:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 3 New Weapons in a Chest [message #60149 is a reply to message #60148] Thu, 11 November 2010 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Congratulations, this looks very good, nicely done.
I hope to see more of your work.
Re: 3 New Weapons in a Chest [message #60150 is a reply to message #60149] Thu, 11 November 2010 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

I like the Scimitar. Well done.

Re: 3 New Weapons in a Chest [message #60151 is a reply to message #60150] Thu, 11 November 2010 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Yes the scimitar is excellent, thought it could stand to be smaller being a one handed weapon.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: 3 New Weapons in a Chest [message #60152 is a reply to message #60148] Fri, 12 November 2010 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IonXi is currently offline  IonXi
Thanks JohnDoe, it means a lot to hear something like that. Very Happy

Quote:

asmcint

Yes the scimitar is excellent, thought it could stand to be smaller being a one handed weapon.

I'm well aware of the size of the scimitar. You can always scale it yourself, you know. Razz But honestly, I was always disappointed with the lack of oversized one-handed weapons in Fable. Most of them seem way too small unless you're running around as a child.

I wish I had an airship...
Re: 3 New Weapons in a Chest [message #60153 is a reply to message #60152] Fri, 12 November 2010 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Not to mention that oversized weapons look better in Fable than normal-looking weapons considering the Hero's odd shape and proportions.

Basically, bigass hands = bigass weapons.
Re: 3 New Weapons in a Chest [message #60155 is a reply to message #60153] Fri, 12 November 2010 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

The hands on the teen and adult hero really aren't as bad as the child hero. Those things look big enough to crack a man's skull in one punch.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: 3 New Weapons in a Chest [message #64870 is a reply to message #60148] Mon, 03 October 2011 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Linkxp500 is currently offline  Linkxp500
Is there a reason that the Nayru's Love weapon makes the game crash when readying an arrow? I can't seem to find the cause... Confused

I know it is this bow, because I've seen it having "errors finding entry" in Shadow Net Fable Explorer. I haven't got a clue how to fix it however. I will post screenies of these entries later, I don't feel like looking for them right now.

EDIT: I just found a contradiction in my own post, but I only have a hunch of what the cause may be, for I don't know what the entries really do.

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda, from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/xbox/634307/0/default.pngXbox Gamercards

[Updated on: Mon, 03 October 2011 14:31]

Re: 3 New Weapons in a Chest [message #64871 is a reply to message #64870] Mon, 03 October 2011 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Linkxp500 wrote on Mon, 03 October 2011 22:28

I don't know what the entries really do.

Depends on which entry you look at. Entries cover everything from setting the text associated with an item (Name, description, etc) to damage and effects, even how much it costs to buy.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: 3 New Weapons in a Chest [message #64872 is a reply to message #64871] Mon, 03 October 2011 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have found that there are errors scattered everywhere for the bow... I tried taking a picture of them, but I ended up taking screenshots of an entirely different part of the screen. Most of the errors are in the CAugmentationsDef, but there are others like script name and such... I really don't want to fix what should have been done right long ago. It might even be an incompatibility, but I don't see how, since this is a separate weapon.

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda, from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Re: 3 New Weapons in a Chest [message #64874 is a reply to message #64872] Mon, 03 October 2011 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Linkxp500 wrote on Mon, 03 October 2011 23:11

I really don't want to fix what should have been done right long ago.

You're going to go far with that attitude. Yes IonXi should have made sure it worked properly before releasing but considering his last login was in May I don't see him doing anything about it.

Your choices therefore are as follows:

1) Fix it yourself
You don't seem particularly inclined to do this but it wouldn't be too hard. It would just need a bit of time to link things as they were intended.

2) Get someone to fix it

3) Ignore the package and add a Hylian crest to Skorm's bow yourself
This package seems to create a duplicate of the original and customise the text entries & texture (presumably the duplication is where the problems lie). If the only reason you want this weapon is the texture then this is the easiest way. You may even be able to salvage IonXi's texture.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: 3 New Weapons in a Chest [message #64875 is a reply to message #64874] Mon, 03 October 2011 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sorry, I did not mean to insult him. What I meant was I thought he'd have fixed it a little while after it was released. Though I am not "inclined," as you call it, to fix it myself, I would do it if I had no other options left, and if I thought the bow was absolutely necessary for my game. I appreciate your suggestion about the texture. I think I will do as you said and create a new bow that has the Skorm bow model with the Hylian Crest texture, and possibly add some different augmentations to it, if I can remember how I did it a few years ago (I know I can also look at the tutorial).

Re: 3 New Weapons in a Chest [message #65038 is a reply to message #64874] Mon, 24 October 2011 13:46 Go to previous message
Alright, I've got my own version of the Nayru's Love bow, which I will present to IonXi in apology for causing trouble and acting inappropriately in this thread. Sad

In addition, I think it wasn't working for me in the first place because of something I may have changed on the Skorm's Bow prior to downloading IonXi's package. Not entirely sure, though. Confused

If anyone finds something wrong with it, let me know.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 October 2011 06:29]

Previous Topic: The Jack´s Powers.
Next Topic: New Balverine Transform Mod
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 01:56:18 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01627 seconds