Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Fresco Dome Rebuilt
Fresco Dome Rebuilt [message #60725] Thu, 16 December 2010 01:03 Go to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Project Backstory (Boring)

Renders (Six 960x768 images, plus rambling)

Now, the question I always have on nearly everything I do is this: What do I do with this when I'm done? The end result is that I'm going to have five new doors. I can make each door appear after certain key quests (same way as the fresco paintings appear), or I can make ten doors and have them open up after the first Jack fight, five show up when evil and five show up when good (same way as the alignment-based fresco painting). Or I can have them there from the start and not depend on game progress to appear. Or I can do something else that I haven't thought of yet.

And even then, there's still the matter of where these doors are going to go. I can remove the demon doors and change half of the maps to act as tunnels between the fresco dome and demon door sanctuaries, have the doors go directly to a demon door, I can have the doors go to various parts of Albion to dummy teleport pedastals that will appear alongside the doors. Or again, I can do something else that I just haven't thought of yet.

So there are really a lot of possibilities. I can do a lot of stuff with this, I just don't know what I'd want to do.
Re: Fresco Dome Rebuilt [message #60727 is a reply to message #60725] Thu, 16 December 2010 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scythe of Blades is currently offline  Scythe of Blades
Well here is a theory you may like, though it involves a tad bit more, remove 10 demon doors from the game and use the doors in the fresco dome to open up to the player when having met certain requirements, an example would be get rid of the guild demon door, and when the player graduates from the heroes guild, have the first door in the fresco dome open up to there, if player is max evil, open one door up to where ronok's axe is being kept, one for renown maybe, so on and so forth.

I envy because of the heart,
I glutton because of the heart,
I covet because of the heart,
I am prideful because of the heart,
I sloth because of the heart,
I rage because of the heart,
Because of the heart
I lust for everything about you
Re: Fresco Dome Rebuilt [message #60728 is a reply to message #60727] Thu, 16 December 2010 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
If I remember right, there are fifteen demon doors, all but two of which have a sanctuary and another two are needed for quests, so that leaves eleven that I can work with. Eleven regions, five doors. That's a bit of a problem. Even so, I can't make it work like that. I have to use the existing systems, and the best one is the fresco painting dummy quest system that make the fresco paintings appear only after completing specific quests. I can't change which quests these are.

Hook_Fresco_01_EvilEpilogue
Hook_Fresco_02_GoodEpilogue
Hook_Fresco_03_JacksObsession
Hook_Fresco_04_Kraken
Hook_Fresco_05_MothersStory
Hook_Fresco_06_Prison
Hook_Fresco_07_OakValeRaid
Hook_Fresco_08_SistersStory
Hook_Fresco_09_TimePassing
Hook_Fresco_10_UneasyAlliance
Hook_Fresco_11_Wedding
Hook_Fresco_12_KilledDragon
Hook_Fresco_13_KilledScorpion

Some of these, like Prison and Kraken, are effectively the same since I can't go back to the dome after beating just one of these. And EvilEpilogue and GoodEpilogue don't appear at the same time as it's alignment-based. Still, there's enough leeway in there that I can fit five individual doors that appear separately.

The only other system I can think of would be the time-based script, where entering the dome at a specific time would have the doors appear.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 December 2010 01:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fresco Dome Rebuilt [message #60730 is a reply to message #60728] Thu, 16 December 2010 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scythe of Blades is currently offline  Scythe of Blades
I see your Dilemma, I wouldn't recommend going the time based route, unless your going to put something of no consequence behind the doors, we really dont need a "Hey step tight up through this door here, and get yourself some free weapons, offer applies at 5:30 only" kind of stuff... Hmmm.. the best way to go may be to link the doors to miscellaneous seperate regions through albion, demon doors and the like.

I envy because of the heart,
I glutton because of the heart,
I covet because of the heart,
I am prideful because of the heart,
I sloth because of the heart,
I rage because of the heart,
Because of the heart
I lust for everything about you

[Updated on: Thu, 16 December 2010 02:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fresco Dome Rebuilt [message #60731 is a reply to message #60730] Thu, 16 December 2010 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Maybe make the doors allow you to go to normally restricted places earlier in the game. A door to The Necropolis, Snowspire Village, Hook Coast, Knothole Glade, Witchwood Chapel. Just a thought, easy and simple. I like easy and simple.

Re: Fresco Dome Rebuilt [message #60733 is a reply to message #60728] Thu, 16 December 2010 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts is currently offline  James Butts
I do like the idea of appearing after quests, and you could use creaturehub, and some of the demon doors as regions, making the demon doors more rare.

Dammit
Re: Fresco Dome Rebuilt [message #60736 is a reply to message #60730] Thu, 16 December 2010 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Because there are a lot of good ideas, I might just finish this up and release the pieces to it as a resource to be implemented in later mods.

Scythe of Blades wrote on Thu, 16 December 2010 04:14

I see your Dilemma, I wouldn't recommend going the time based route, unless your going to put something of no consequence behind the doors, we really dont need a "Hey step tight up through this door here, and get yourself some free weapons, offer applies at 5:30 only" kind of stuff... Hmmm.. the best way to go may be to link the doors to miscellaneous seperate regions through albion, demon doors and the like.
It works on the same script as the greatwood chest and bowerstone tavern cellar door, so it's noon or midnight only.

And balance is always a concern. I have a lot of ideas for a good and in-depth balance mod, but that's for a different thread at a different time.

jwc2200 wrote on Thu, 16 December 2010 05:13

Maybe make the doors allow you to go to normally restricted places earlier in the game. A door to The Necropolis, Snowspire Village, Hook Coast, Knothole Glade, Witchwood Chapel. Just a thought, easy and simple. I like easy and simple.
Ruins the canon a bit, good thing I don't care about storyline. Smile

The main problem I see with this is that, if my memory, Marcopolo and his memory are reliable, Snowspire/Necropolis cannot be used before they're supposed to be used because they trigger quest elements that, if not done when gameflow allows, will crash the game. That's something I'll have to test though, because the shaky memory of two modders from way back when is hardly certain fact. If it turns out to be true, the same may hold for all of those other places.

James Butts wrote on Thu, 16 December 2010 06:30

I do like the idea of appearing after quests, and you could use creaturehub, and some of the demon doors as regions, making the demon doors more rare.
One of the crazier ideas I've had recently is to remove all non-essential demon doors, have one of the fresco doors go to the creature hub and have all the demon doors be in there. It would involve a lot of work with helpers for the darkwood door, spawning all those creatures and such, but outside of that I don't see a problem. Another thing I thought of was putting all the silver key chests in the demon doors, except for the one that requires you to give up all your silver keys, because that'd just be cruel.
Re: Fresco Dome Rebuilt [message #60740 is a reply to message #60728] Thu, 16 December 2010 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
JohnDoe wrote on Thu, 16 December 2010 01:47

If I remember right, there are fifteen demon doors, all but two of which have a sanctuary and another two are needed for quests, so that leaves eleven that I can work with. Eleven regions, five doors. That's a bit of a problem.

There's 14 by my count, and 3 which are for quests. Like you said, there's 2 that don't have a sanctuary,(one of them is a cave, though.) which leaves 9.(10 if you include the cave, which is the one at the granny's house.) If you count it as 10, then you could set it up with 5 doors per alignment, which may be useful if you need an idea.

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: Fresco Dome Rebuilt [message #60741 is a reply to message #60736] Thu, 16 December 2010 16:08 Go to previous message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Thu, 16 December 2010 13:56

The main problem I see with this is that, if my memory, Marcopolo and his memory are reliable, Snowspire/Necropolis cannot be used before they're supposed to be used because they trigger quest elements that, if not done when gameflow allows, will crash the game. That's something I'll have to test though, because the shaky memory of two modders from way back when is hardly certain fact. If it turns out to be true, the same may hold for all of those other places.

I have my game so that I can go everywhere as soon as I am done with Guild training. The only weird thing is if I walk to Archon's Shrine Briar comes up with the "me, I'm a teleporter girl" cut scene, but no crashes.

Previous Topic: A weapon moving Question
Next Topic: Attract / Scary
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:34:12 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01051 seconds