Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Fable Explorer, Dealing with the creatures category.
Fable Explorer, Dealing with the creatures category. [message #60767] Sat, 18 December 2010 14:56 Go to next message
Bloody Nose is currently offline  Bloody Nose
What in the creature entry affects fighting style(combat style change from bandit_melee_grunt_2 to assasin caused my game to crash, though modded two other entries in that instance, skeletal/bone structure and another one).

Also how can you change the animations a creature model uses(the entry/entries), and is there a way with Fable Explorer alone, to add bits of equipment to a human graphic(no graphic editing program being used)?
Re: Fable Explorer, Dealing with the creatures category. [message #60768 is a reply to message #60767] Sat, 18 December 2010 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Bloody Nose wrote on Sat, 18 December 2010 16:56

What in the creature entry affects fighting style
There are a lot of things that affect NPC combat. I'll take a look at this for you if you tell me what you're trying to do specifically.

Also how can you change the animations a creature model uses(the entry/entries)
With FE alone? With mixed results. The common way is to switch out CAppearanceDefs, but that is more bad than good.

is there a way with Fable Explorer alone, to add bits of equipment to a human graphic(no graphic editing program being used)?
Depends on what you want to do.
Re: Fable Explorer, Dealing with the creatures category. [message #60769 is a reply to message #60768] Sat, 18 December 2010 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying to get the bodyguard(weak evil one) to attack more often.

I just want the female villager based anim char(dominatrix) to have weapons animations; female guild apprentice, briar, or any animations that would work.

I want to add the demonic helmet to the above-mntioned dominatrix from the bordello.
Re: Fable Explorer, Dealing with the creatures category. [message #60770 is a reply to message #60769] Sat, 18 December 2010 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scythe of Blades is currently offline  Scythe of Blades
Well for one, your most likely going to need a copy of Silvers CAppearancedef sucks app, which you can find in the tools section if you want to edit animations follow the tutorials there and see if that does it for you. if you just want the dominatrix to follow you around and attack, just swap the mesh of one of the bodyguards for the dominatrix one, as for getting the helm on her.... I'm pretty sure you cant do that without modeling of some sort.

I envy because of the heart,
I glutton because of the heart,
I covet because of the heart,
I am prideful because of the heart,
I sloth because of the heart,
I rage because of the heart,
Because of the heart
I lust for everything about you
Re: Fable Explorer, Dealing with the creatures category. [message #60773 is a reply to message #60770] Sat, 18 December 2010 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got her following me around its just that shes useless in a fight she uses the long villager kick and punch anims. She also goes into long pauses before attacking and ends up getting pounded on.

I'm glad there is at least an app now for t though. Anything specific o adding the helm? Very Happy
Re: Fable Explorer, Dealing with the creatures category. [message #60775 is a reply to message #60769] Sat, 18 December 2010 17:46 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Bloody Nose wrote on Sat, 18 December 2010 18:59

I'm trying to get the bodyguard(weak evil one) to attack more often.
You can change which attack pattern he uses so that he'll attack more at a time. That will probably do what you're hoping to accomplish.

I just want the female villager based anim char(dominatrix) to have weapons animations; female guild apprentice, briar, or any animations that would work.
Not without CAppearanceDef splicing. You have to really know what you're doing, morerunes has a guide out for that.

I want to add the demonic helmet to the above-mntioned dominatrix from the bordello.
No. You can replace her head with the helmet, but that has some consequences.

Using Keshire's customizable NPC, you can change the creature to use the dominatrix mesh and animations, and all of that can be done in FE. You'll still have to script up the NPC in the level scripts, and through scripts you can throw on a helmet. It will still sound like a bodyguard though, as I remember... though you might be able to get a mute for a bodyguard if you change the string to blank in the CSoundDef.
Previous Topic: Help request involving cobjectaugmentationsdef
Next Topic: NPC attributes/editing, spells?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:16:32 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01452 seconds