Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » Albion World question
Albion World question [message #60813] Mon, 20 December 2010 00:12 Go to next message
mikalshorti is currently offline  mikalshorti
Is there any way to, kind of connect the region boudaries i.e. Run straight from one region to the next with no loading screen? the kind ofthing i mean is like what Morerunes did with his Fable: The New World mod http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVsn6ujHfUI&feature=relat ed

if it is possible, could anyone tell me how to do it and, if so, are there any problems with joining the whole world together, only leaving the islands seperate. i.e. extreme lag or such...

Thanks in advance, Shorti

[Updated on: Mon, 20 December 2010 00:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Albion World question [message #60814 is a reply to message #60813] Mon, 20 December 2010 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Region merging. A long time ago I took the liberty of merging all the landmasses in Fable and put it in my TNG Editor's Set. There are quite a few problems with this though, a brief and incomplete list of the few issues I can think of:
  • The largest region has... I forget how many maps but it's a lot, it's the whole stretch from Twinblade's tent to the graveyard circle, and it takes forever to get from one side to the other.
  • Because all the maps are consolidated, and because you only get one REGION entry for each region, you impose one set of region definitions on entire landmasses.
  • NPCs can't follow you between all the regions. This has to do with how the navdata is set up, and we can't edit the navdata, so...
  • It sucks up way too much memory if you don't clear out all the maps. You'd be running several villages at once, and that consumes a lot of resources.
  • Quests are borked. Most quests and cutscenes are set to trigger at a certain place in a region at a certain time. With consolidated regions, most of those regions don't exist anymore, and that breaks quests.

If you're not interested in my 'already did it for you' set and want to merge the regions yourself because you're weird and crazy, open up the FinalAlbion.wld (mind the file extensions) with notepad, scroll down where the regions are defined. How it works: each region has a series of ContainsMap lines that tell Fable which maps go in which regions. Edit these as you please, just make sure that the end result has each map called once and only once in all the regions. Then edit userst.ini, change UseCompiledWorldFiles to FALSE.

Edit: Or do what OldBoy said, everyone appreciates a guy who can search.

[Updated on: Mon, 20 December 2010 00:31]

Re: Albion World question [message #60815 is a reply to message #60813] Mon, 20 December 2010 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Did you do a search? There's been more talk about this in the past.
Something I found pretty fast: linky.
I'm pretty sure there's more to find out there.
Also; connecting regions screws up quests.

[edit]JD beat me to it Cool

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Mon, 20 December 2010 00:31]

Re: Albion World question [message #60816 is a reply to message #60814] Mon, 20 December 2010 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did search but i didnt know what to put in the search bar...
Thanks for the help, i know im a complete noob at this modding stuff...
Re: Albion World question [message #60817 is a reply to message #60814] Mon, 20 December 2010 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 20 December 2010 19:28

If you're not interested in my 'already did it for you' set and want to merge the regions yourself because you're weird and crazy, open up the FinalAlbion.wld (mind the file extensions) with notepad, scroll down where the regions are defined. How it works: each region has a series of ContainsMap lines that tell Fable which maps go in which regions. Edit these as you please, just make sure that the end result has each map called once and only once in all the regions. Then edit userst.ini, change UseCompiledWorldFiles to FALSE.

actually i would be interested but i wouldnt have any idea as to how to implement it...

also i tried editing the .wld file and it wont let me open my game now so im replacing the .wld with a clean file from my backups Very Happy
Re: Albion World question [message #60818 is a reply to message #60817] Mon, 20 December 2010 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
mikalshorti wrote on Mon, 20 December 2010 03:25

actually i would be interested but i wouldnt have any idea as to how to implement it...
The thread has an explanation of all the details and there might be a readme. Even if there isn't, the thread tells you what you need to know.
mikalshorti wrote on Mon, 20 December 2010 03:25

also i tried editing the .wld file and it wont let me open my game now so im replacing the .wld with a clean file from my backups Very Happy
And in that thread that tells you what you need to know, it says that you need to start a new save. All edits to global level files (GTG, WLD) generally require a new save for them to work. And again, make sure you edit the userst.ini as I instructed.

[Updated on: Mon, 20 December 2010 01:45]

Re: Albion World question [message #60822 is a reply to message #60818] Mon, 20 December 2010 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After spending roughly an hour running from one end of Albion to the other, I finally realise how it could take 5 years to make a game like this, and also why after another 5 years people like us are still fascinated with it...

would there happen to be a version of this "TNG editors kit" that wasn't bare? like the complete version of the game, with buildings, NPCs, fences, rocks and such?
Re: Albion World question [message #60832 is a reply to message #60822] Mon, 20 December 2010 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
mikalshorti wrote on Mon, 20 December 2010 09:15

would there happen to be a version of this "TNG editors kit" that wasn't bare? like the complete version of the game, with buildings, NPCs, fences, rocks and such?
You can use the default TNGs, but I would recommend at least removing quest sections from the TNGs because Fable will crash outright. And even still, I'd recommend getting rid of anything that doesn't have a null ScriptName or ScriptData for the same reason. And even then, performance is a concern. At least in theory, as I've never tried it.

I might put that together at some point.
Re: Albion World question [message #60836 is a reply to message #60832] Mon, 20 December 2010 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm well it sounds intriguing but i dont think i would be able to, if i tried i'd probably completely destroy my game... Very Happy

EDIT - how would you go about removing the quest sections?

[Updated on: Mon, 20 December 2010 22:08]

Re: Albion World question [message #60864 is a reply to message #60836] Tue, 21 December 2010 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
mikalshorti wrote on Tue, 21 December 2010 02:27

To be honest, I'd look in the .TNG's even though I could be wrong.

27/4/11 23:XX (11:XX Pm) She went to a better place. 28/4/11 10:XX She was burried; RIP

Leren van de taal van Nederland is leuk.
Ik heb nog veel te leren, hoewel.

Tengo la ambición de aprender a español.
Yet I have no idea how to start.
Re: Albion World question [message #60869 is a reply to message #60836] Tue, 21 December 2010 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
mikalshorti wrote on Mon, 20 December 2010 20:27

TNGs, as has been said. In each TNG there are sections that are used for certain quests. You want to get rid of all of them except XXXSectionStart NULL. It's not enough to just get rid of the lines, because what you'll get is a crash. You clear it out from XXXSectionStart to XXXSectionEnd, leaving only the null section.

Even then, you can get issues if you don't get rid of anything that doesn't have null for ScriptName and ScriptData. If it has something other than null, that means it's used somehow either in a quest or a cutscene or by the executable or whatever, and you want to get rid of it.

And even then, you'll still have performance issues, as well as everything else I mentioned earlier.
Re: Albion World question [message #60870 is a reply to message #60869] Tue, 21 December 2010 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im sick of running from one end of albion to the other, bcoz i cant do anything.... anyway, my backup files dont seem to have a copy of the FinalAbion tng folder so would anyone be able to attach a copy?
Re: Albion World question [message #60871 is a reply to message #60870] Tue, 21 December 2010 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
mikalshorti wrote on Tue, 21 December 2010 06:40

well im sick of running from one end of albion to the other, bcoz i cant do anything.... anyway, my backup files dont seem to have a copy of the FinalAbion tng folder so would anyone be able to attach a copy?
Nope, read the rules, we don't provide original files on this site. Redump the FinalAlbion.wad. If you deleted the FinalAlbion.wad, get a clean one off your retail discs.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 December 2010 04:41]

Re: Albion World question [message #60872 is a reply to message #60871] Tue, 21 December 2010 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do you dump the finalalbion.wad ?? or is that what happens when you use freeroam.exe??
Re: Albion World question [message #60877 is a reply to message #60872] Tue, 21 December 2010 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

That's what happens when you use freeroam. It's also what happens when chocolate box sets up your modding environment, if it hasn't been dumped already. Once it's dumped you have a folder filled with TNGs and LEVs and other files used to edit the world.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Albion World question [message #60886 is a reply to message #60877] Tue, 21 December 2010 17:09 Go to previous message
oh ok thank you
Previous Topic: Custom Bodyguards and they respawn after getting killed/fired
Next Topic: help with Arena Mod fixed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:11:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01394 seconds