Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Packages » [Divine Wrath & Unholy Power] Balanced changes
icon12.gif  [Divine Wrath & Unholy Power] Balanced changes [message #61157] Sun, 16 January 2011 17:32
Halkalon is currently offline  Halkalon
This is nothing much, just a small change on both spells mentioned on the title.
This mod is built basically for those who didn't like the way they made those spells, AKA ctrl+c ctrl+v. I differed them in some functional aspects while keeping them balanced to their original vanilla counterparts.

[Changes made to Divine Wrath]

I've kept it's casting time the same, while raising it's cooldown to 2 seconds (up from 1), while also decreasing the hits/second and increasing damage-per-hit. The overall damage remains *Almost* the same from the original, with a small difference of 5~10 each level. That damage bonus was compensated on the Mana cost, to remain balanced. It also had it's duration lowered, to compensate for the large cast time (So it can be recast for a higher damage output). An example: At first level, it will hit up to 4 times dealing 70 damage each, at a cost of 226 mana and a 4 seconds cast time and 2 seconds cooldown.

[Changes made to Unholy Power]

I've lowered the cast time to One second and raised it's cooldown to 6 seconds (up from 1). To compensate for the lower cast time, you will take more damage while casting this one than Divine Wrath. The mana cost remains balanced, and the damage is dealt faster, although weaker. The damage output is the same as Divine Wrath in the end. Practical example: At first level, it will hit up to 28 times dealing 10 damage each, at a cost of 226 mana and with a 6 secs cooldown. Cast time of 1 second, but higher damage taken while casting.
(EDIT: I forgot to mention that it's duration was also hightened, to make up for the faster cast. Again, the damage output remains balanced.)

And that's all. No changes were made on the spell effects or whatsoever, but it really does change the way it's used in-game, as well as changing the benefits of both of them, turning both of them into situational spells than just a "copy" of each other.

I just think there might be someone out there like me who didn't really enjoy the original versions, heh. =]

I've saved the FMP with only the two spell's instances, so there shoudn't be any problem of compatibility or whatsoever, but if it does, let me know right away to see it out. Very unlikely to have any bad variable around too, heh.

[Updated on: Sun, 16 January 2011 17:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Fable: The New World
Next Topic: Will Body Glow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:20:57 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01079 seconds