Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear.
More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61368] Mon, 07 February 2011 18:14 Go to next message
AeonicBlade is currently offline  AeonicBlade
*sigh* From a Noob to someone that knows what their doing, Can anyone take the model of The Sword of Aeons and apply the color scheme of Avo's Tear to it? I prefer the symmetrical design of SoA to the lopsided-ness of Avos Tear. The unfortunate thing is, aside from not knowing what script this game runs in (I curse zoidberg) I'm pretty fluent with a few programming languages; Lua, Python, the lesser of python: Boa, and a little of C++ but not enough to make anything of it. Can anyone help out here?

"Michael Weston: [voice-over] I don't like stealing cars, but sometimes it's necessary. I have rules, though: I'll keep it clean, and if I take your car on a workday, I'll have it back by five."
Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61371 is a reply to message #61368] Tue, 08 February 2011 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Actually I don't think you'd need modelling experience for this. Lemme match the avo's tear texture to the SOA and see what happens.
EDIT: I did what you wanted and I've got the mergable big along with screenshots below. Now, I decided instead of making you back files up to get things back to normal, I'd just link the mesh of the SOA to the Avo's tear texture, so you can undo the work all in FE or cbox. Also, this mergable big needs to be merged with graphics.big not textures.big. Have fun! Wink

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 February 2011 07:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61372 is a reply to message #61371] Tue, 08 February 2011 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Imageshack got a fake antivirus sponsor, the people who made a win32 virus that hit my computer a while back. I have to double post to get this screeny up. =/

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61376 is a reply to message #61372] Tue, 08 February 2011 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oO0Nick0Oo is currently offline  oO0Nick0Oo

hey asmcint nice work with this armor do you think you can upload it here?? because i want it to Razz Smile

By Nick the Dreamer. Comment :D :) :P (_( ({}) (_(
][_, {[]} ][_,
Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61385 is a reply to message #61371] Wed, 09 February 2011 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, thank you man, I will say this though, when I said I didn't really have any modding experience because I'm a Noob I meant it in the terms that I have no F***ing Idea how to insert the models because I'm a retard (I curse zoidberg again)

"Michael Weston: [voice-over] I don't like stealing cars, but sometimes it's necessary. I have rules, though: I'll keep it clean, and if I take your car on a workday, I'll have it back by five."
Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61386 is a reply to message #61376] Wed, 09 February 2011 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

oO0Nick0Oo wrote on Wed, 09 February 2011 02:35

hey asmcint nice work with this armor do you think you can upload it here?? because i want it to Razz Smile

I was going to make it and another piece into a new set, but new armor sets are a pain, so at some point I'm gonna release it as a retexture. So don't worry it'll get here.

Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61408 is a reply to message #61386] Thu, 10 February 2011 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oO0Nick0Oo is currently offline  oO0Nick0Oo

ok thx dude Smile

By Nick the Dreamer. Comment :D :) :P (_( ({}) (_(
][_, {[]} ][_,
Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61430 is a reply to message #61372] Sat, 12 February 2011 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks great I will say that, But again, how/Where do I insert this in FE? Honestly I can't find Avo's tear in it anywhere Evil or Very Mad

Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61432 is a reply to message #61368] Sat, 12 February 2011 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
AeonicBlade wrote on Mon, 07 February 2011 20:14

The unfortunate thing is, aside from not knowing what script this game runs in (I curse zoidberg) I'm pretty fluent with a few programming languages; Lua, Python, the lesser of python: Boa, and a little of C++ but not enough to make anything of it. Can anyone help out here?
And you need to know none of that. Provided is a mergeable BIG. The wiki tells you what to do with mergeable BIGs in FableExplorer. Couldn't be any easier.

It's nooby enough you think it matters what language the game is in not to mention don't know what language the game is in (it needs MSVC++ 2005 to run, what language do you think it's in?), but in what game will you ever need to know LUA for a texture edit?
Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61433 is a reply to message #61432] Sat, 12 February 2011 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Though it doesn't matter much anymore, quite a few of the old PC sprite games, random things that i can't think of right off the top of my head, run in Lua script. Back to the subject though, Knowing what programming language that the game runs in provides you with a bit more opportunities than an editor program. Knowing the Programming language, and being able to fluently write it in the correct way without it messing up other things, you could add completely new areas, sidequests (though you'd have to get sound samples and a decent voice modulator thingy to make someone like briar rose, or the guildmaster talk during the quest), and other things to add to the game. Thought i'd say that...
Thanks for giving me a link to where I can search around to find out what i need to do too. I was completely lost on this site Confused

Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61434 is a reply to message #61433] Sat, 12 February 2011 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

AeonicBlade wrote on Sat, 12 February 2011 17:49

areas, sidequests

The most we can do for new areas is edit filler areas, and to make it work we'd have to use the STB.(Hex editing hell from what I've heard.) As for new sidequests, we can't do that and have them show up on the map table. It'd have to be initiated by an NPC cutscene, and to do it right we'd probably have to make new cutscene triggers, which is something we can't do. Modding has it's limits, which end in coding hell or crap that destroys the game when you edit it. Trust me, I got the same kind of beatdown on my hopes for mods when I first joined. =/

Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61435 is a reply to message #61434] Sat, 12 February 2011 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well If you can't make sidequests and such when you DO know the programming language it is written in and all that jazz that Lionhead studios had to know, do you think that the game would be quite as far along as it is? Hex editing Does have its limits, but when you can directly change things through its programming language, a lot more possibilities open up.

Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61441 is a reply to message #61435] Sun, 13 February 2011 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

AeonicBlade wrote on Sun, 13 February 2011 05:01

Well If you can't make sidequests and such when you DO know the programming language it is written in and all that jazz that Lionhead studios had to know, do you think that the game would be quite as far along as it is? Hex editing Does have its limits, but when you can directly change things through its programming language, a lot more possibilities open up.

If it would've been that easy... but it is not.
Take a look at this challenge for example.
Can you join in there with a nice entry?

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61442 is a reply to message #61441] Sun, 13 February 2011 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not quite directly, I'm no good with a hex editor thats for sure. if I had enough time to work with a Hex editor I might attempt it, but Its unlikely. I could give it a try at some point though. Changing the Maps and such doesn't seem TOO tricky, Just hack the game a bit to get the map files and something that will cooperate with editing it. But don't take my word for that, thats only an assumption.

Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61454 is a reply to message #61442] Mon, 14 February 2011 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
AeonicBlade wrote on Sun, 13 February 2011 10:21

Changing the Maps and such doesn't seem TOO tricky, Just hack the game a bit to get the map files and something that will cooperate with editing it.
You have no idea what you're talking about. That's okay though, you'll learn in about, oh, four years? Somewhere around there.
Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61456 is a reply to message #61454] Tue, 15 February 2011 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

JohnDoe wrote on Tue, 15 February 2011 01:33

AeonicBlade wrote on Sun, 13 February 2011 10:21

Changing the Maps and such doesn't seem TOO tricky, Just hack the game a bit to get the map files and something that will cooperate with editing it.
You have no idea what you're talking about. That's okay though, you'll learn in about, oh, four years? Somewhere around there.

Oh I don't know about that long. It didn't take me more than a month to realise the basic concept of what can't be done and what's just too much work to be done.

Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61457 is a reply to message #61456] Tue, 15 February 2011 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
asmcint wrote on Tue, 15 February 2011 08:52

Oh I don't know about that long. It didn't take me more than a month to realise the basic concept of what can't be done and what's just too much work to be done.
You learned that it can't be done. I'm talking about why it can't be done, the procedure and methodology, what would be necessary, all that kind of stuff.

It took me years to retrace the steps of Kesh, Hunter, Silver and others only to run into the same dead end. Was a great learning experience though, seriously.
Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61459 is a reply to message #61454] Tue, 15 February 2011 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like i said previously, i DONT know how to work with Hex editors or anything like that. But honestly IF someone were to somehow get ahold of the kind of tech that Lionheadgames used modding this game would be extremely easy, and In that case truly thats all you would have to do, get the bitmap/Map file whichever the case, and load it up into whatever they used and editing would be Marginally easier. Weapons and other things could be added very easily. You are right though, I'm not directly sure what I'm talking about when it comes to this game.

Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61460 is a reply to message #61459] Tue, 15 February 2011 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
AeonicBlade wrote on Tue, 15 February 2011 16:40

But honestly IF someone were to somehow get ahold of the kind of tech that Lionheadgames used
That will never happen. They won't even give loosely accurate format specs or any sort of documentation. Right now, they won't even acknowledge the existence of a modding community. This is why Fable modders are bitter, spiteful and hardcore, and modders of other games working with studio tools or at least with the support of the game developers are a bunch of entitled little girls.

Look, you do what you want to do. I suggest you stay and learn a while, you'll find plenty of learning opportunities I assure you. You'll get a completely new understanding of how games are designed. You'll also lose your soul and wish for the demise of developers who use rushed, piss-poor design principles.

In the meantime, you can use our tools to do common things like adding weapons, changing textures, there's really no shortage of what you can do, plenty of stuff, and you don't need to know any programming languages.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 February 2011 15:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61461 is a reply to message #61460] Tue, 15 February 2011 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do plan on learning some stuff about it, it usefull information. And I already wish for the demise of piss poor programmers that dont give a damn about the game they make, or in modding cases, the mod they make. (superman 64 flashback: *shudder shudder shudder*) Even If I tried to learn the programming language of the game I'd probably do nothing with it aside from fix a few clipping errors that the game has (those bother me...) Because I'd be too lazy at that point to do anything with it.

Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61508 is a reply to message #61371] Sun, 20 February 2011 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erm, I seem to be having issues loading the mod File in FE, It says: " Invalid Content Type " Missing file somewhere?

Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61510 is a reply to message #61508] Sun, 20 February 2011 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
AeonicBlade wrote on Sun, 20 February 2011 14:05

Erm, I seem to be having issues loading the mod File in FE, It says: " Invalid Content Type " Missing file somewhere?
It's not an FMP.
Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61521 is a reply to message #61508] Mon, 21 February 2011 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

AeonicBlade wrote on Sun, 20 February 2011 15:05

If you're referring to the BIG file then here's how you use it. Since this one edits the graphics.big and not textures.big you have to merge this with graphics.big instead of textures.big. Now, open up FE, once it's loaded, right click graphics.big. Click merge BIG and a browse window will come up. find the big file, and load it. Save mods and run fable, and boom it will work just fine. With standard retextures, do the same only with textures.big.

Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61729 is a reply to message #61521] Sat, 05 March 2011 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, now it works, But unfortunately it doesn't exactly do what I should have stated. I Meant more along the lines of: Change it so Avo's tear has the Mesh file of the Sword of Aeons. I'd like to challenge myself to do this though, where did you learn to change the color textures and stuff? I would like to start learning from there.

Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61730 is a reply to message #61729] Sun, 06 March 2011 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
AeonicBlade wrote on Sat, 05 March 2011 21:18

I Meant more along the lines of: Change it so Avo's tear has the Mesh file of the Sword of Aeons.
It does... Unless you want Avo's tear to have the SoA texture as well as the mesh, in which case all you have to do is switch out which mesh is used in the OBJECT entry.
Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61733 is a reply to message #61730] Sun, 06 March 2011 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Exactly. As a matter of fact you said, you wanted avo's tear's color scheme on the sword of aeons, because you don't like avo's tear's lopsidedness. Which is what I did, by switching out which texture the SOA uses in the mesh entry.

Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61734 is a reply to message #61733] Sun, 06 March 2011 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, Thats a fail on my part, The "story" behind me wanting to do this is: I like to play through the game as a good character, through and through, I always toss out the sword of Aeons. And I don't like how Avo's Tear has a deformed/melted kinda look to it, so what I wanted was a way to turn Avo's Tears' Mesh, Into the Sword of Aeons mesh, where it is just long and thin and has the neat looking handle, instead of being a bit shorter, wider and all twisted looking. So the way that I happened to say it before didn't actually mean what I REALLY meant, since I worded it wrong it made it seem that I wanted the sword of Aeons modded to have the colors of Avo's Tear. TRULY I want the Shape of SoA (which I thought was called a Mesh but im not sure) Modded over the original Avo's Tear "shape/Mesh" so that it has the shape, and the color scheme. And Unfortunatly when using the file that you gave, I have to Keep the sword of Aeons, or use a Trainer.

Re: More interesting (In my opinion) Avo's Tear. [message #61736 is a reply to message #61734] Sun, 06 March 2011 09:00 Go to previous message

Go into Avo's Tear and SOA Object entries, scroll down until you find graphic on both, and take the number from SOA's entry, put it into that of Avo's Tear. Apply changes on avo's tear, Then click actions save mods and run fable. Easysauce.

Previous Topic: Retexture Request
Next Topic: Request for Legend of the seeker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:47:08 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01175 seconds