Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Changing the hero's JOB outfit
Changing the hero's JOB outfit [message #61617] Mon, 28 February 2011 05:36 Go to next message
yunvich is currently offline  yunvich
Ok, so i wanted to recolor the JoB outfit by crazybunny, then i had the idea of making a new one (also to make Jack keep his colours) and I was thinking, is it possible to take the Queen and Knight's masks of the clothing's torso, mainly cuz i dont want it to be only a retexture but a new clothing.
i mean, is it just a thing about blanking/deleting their shapes from the texture file or is it more complicated?
Re: Changing the hero's JOB outfit [message #61618 is a reply to message #61617] Mon, 28 February 2011 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Because of the way the masks stick out from Jack's body you will need to edit the mesh using a 3d editor. That will involve taking it out of FE, working on it, then putting it back in FE.

Re: Changing the hero's JOB outfit [message #61621 is a reply to message #61617] Mon, 28 February 2011 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crap, guess ill just make em look less JoB, thx
Re: Changing the hero's JOB outfit [message #61628 is a reply to message #61617] Mon, 28 February 2011 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
It can be done through a texture edit. I've done it a few times before, but the only screenshot I have to show it is this. It's hard to notice, but the masks are gone.

It's a simple edit, just alpha out the other masks.
Re: Changing the hero's JOB outfit [message #61631 is a reply to message #61617] Mon, 28 February 2011 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thx JD, ive almost finished it and it came out sweet, will post it tomorrow i think
Re: Changing the hero's JOB outfit [message #61632 is a reply to message #61631] Mon, 28 February 2011 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

The way the masks stick out from his chest made me think they would be there no matter what color, even clear, you made them. I was thinking they would be like the bandit outfit necklace, still be there, just be white.

Re: Changing the hero's JOB outfit [message #61636 is a reply to message #61632] Mon, 28 February 2011 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
jwc2200 wrote on Mon, 28 February 2011 16:28

The way the masks stick out from his chest made me think they would be there no matter what color, even clear, you made them. I was thinking they would be like the bandit outfit necklace, still be there, just be white.
Well technically speaking they would still be there, but rather than white they'll be invisible.
Re: Changing the hero's JOB outfit [message #61645 is a reply to message #61617] Tue, 01 March 2011 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sadly for me jwc was right and it is still there but white. so i tried using black to see, and they where black. is there no other way to do it with the alphas or must i download a 3d program?
do i need a new texture file for the alpha? and if so, how to connect it to the main texture/ the main mesh?
I also read something about a "fift channel" i dont know what channels are on FE and im getting confused, srry for being such a newb, but what is this fift channel thing.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2011 08:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Changing the hero's JOB outfit [message #61647 is a reply to message #61645] Tue, 01 March 2011 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
yunvich wrote on Tue, 01 March 2011 10:05

sadly for me jwc was right and it is still there but white. so i tried using black to see, and they where black.
Well if you're using black or white, that's your problem. You need to use alpha. Transparency. I'll put together a quick retexture in a moment.

White is a solid, opaque color. Transparent is completely see through. Ya dig?
Re: Changing the hero's JOB outfit [message #61648 is a reply to message #61647] Tue, 01 March 2011 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

So instead of changing it to white or black, you change the alpha of whatever it is you're doing to the masks, correct?

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Changing the hero's JOB outfit [message #61649 is a reply to message #61648] Tue, 01 March 2011 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
asmcint wrote on Tue, 01 March 2011 15:12

So instead of changing it to white or black, you change the alpha of whatever it is you're doing to the masks, correct?
No. You don't change it black or white, those are the wrong colors. Alpha is a color too, it's invisible, transparent. So you change the masks to transparent. But I'm tired of trying to explain this, so here you go.

http://i.imgur.com/L7n5a.png

Retexture attached removed until issue can be fixed.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2011 13:48]

Re: Changing the hero's JOB outfit [message #61652 is a reply to message #61649] Tue, 01 March 2011 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Double-post, bite me. Alright, so I looked into it, there is a problem with crazybunny's mesh. As you can see in the preview screenshot up there and the in-game screenshot here, a retexture works just fine. But crazybunny's mesh is different, as can be seen in another in-game screenshot provided by jwc2200.

So it's going to be my guess that crazybunny borked the texture coordinates or screwed it up in some other way. What this means: It's a model problem. Not just any model problem but a problem with someone else's mod and I'm not touching it with a ten foot stick, sorry.
Re: Changing the hero's JOB outfit [message #61660 is a reply to message #61652] Tue, 01 March 2011 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

JohnDoe wrote on Tue, 01 March 2011 17:14

I'm not touching it with a ten foot stick, sorry.

Wow... I've never heard anything like that put THAT way before. Very Happy

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Changing the hero's JOB outfit [message #61666 is a reply to message #61617] Wed, 02 March 2011 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thx for everything guys, it MAY take a little more but ill install blender and see if i can change it. ill start doing some practice and reading tuts, maybe ill be able to post the new items today, but still, not so sure about timings.
Re: Changing the hero's JOB outfit [message #61667 is a reply to message #61617] Wed, 02 March 2011 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great, now it says it has a problem saying "Sorry just had an anheurism: Wrong vertex format"
do i need to do something else to make it fable ready?
i mean i took the mesh from crazybunny's mod so i did not add any bones or weight
EDIT
uploaded my .x file, if someone can check it out

[Updated on: Wed, 02 March 2011 08:25]

Re: Changing the hero's JOB outfit [message #61675 is a reply to message #61667] Wed, 02 March 2011 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Your current problem is that the mesh was changed from animated to static, and FableExplorer can only import meshes over like meshes: static over static; animated over animated. Blender is the wrong tool. It doesn't tolerate bones, helpers, weighting, hierarchy, you know, everything you need to make this work.
Re: Changing the hero's JOB outfit [message #61680 is a reply to message #61675] Wed, 02 March 2011 15:48 Go to previous message

It would be awesome if there was a free, easy to use program that does. =/

Previous Topic: Sword texture
Next Topic: Blender help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:08:32 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01881 seconds