Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » question regardin armors
question regardin armors [message #61836] Wed, 16 March 2011 09:51 Go to next message
Soric is currently offline  Soric
i am working on creating a retexture of the dark plate armor to make it look like the armor that darth vader wears. now my question is: is it possable to make a cape that attaches to the armor? if so that would be sweet.
Re: question regardin armors [message #61837 is a reply to message #61836] Wed, 16 March 2011 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

The only way I can think of is to use 3ds max to cut off the cape from an undead general, then stick it on the plate armor model where it needs to go. Since I'm not a modeller I couldn't say how. I know nicomon stuck that cape onto some plate armor, you might want to look at that for reference. =/

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: question regardin armors [message #61838 is a reply to message #61836] Wed, 16 March 2011 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Of course you can create a cape. There are a lot of things that are possible via modding. The thing is that most of these things have related problems, in this case the cape will not be dynamic and so will look stupid. I don't know about you, but I'm not a big fan of things that look stupid.

nicomon came out with a mod that deals with a cape of sorts. It uses an existing mesh (one of the undead meshes) and there's no editing done to the mesh so it retains the dynamic quality. Problem with that is that it doesn't look all that great, it can't be customized, and it isn't going to line up right with anything you've got going on.
Re: question regardin armors [message #61839 is a reply to message #61838] Wed, 16 March 2011 12:05 Go to previous message
Soric is currently offline  Soric
well thats a bummer. im still doing the darth vader retexture however.
Previous Topic: Balverine Pet
Next Topic: ok this may seem like a strange question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:39:46 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01221 seconds