Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Fable TNW ... Problem
Fable TNW ... Problem [message #61842] Thu, 17 March 2011 07:44 Go to next message
Sachina999 is currently offline  Sachina999

Sorry.
I installed Fable The New World in the same folder of The Fable
Lost Chapters, but when I started playing nothing has changed ...
Only the minimap are different and ... O_o very strange. Archon's Tower is not there.
How is this possible??
Re: Fable TNW ... Problem [message #61843 is a reply to message #61842] Thu, 17 March 2011 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Sounds like your FinalAlbion.wad is still there. Rename it.
Re: Fable TNW ... Problem [message #61849 is a reply to message #61842] Fri, 18 March 2011 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sorry but ... Sad
Rename how?
When I went to see the folder "FTNW" (contained in the download) and, after running the "Install TNW.exe, " I realized that there was inside the file "_FinalAlbion.wad.
So I renamed it in "FinalAlbion.wad"and then I put the contents of FTNW in the "Data" Fable The Lost Chapters (English version).
But, however, the two files "_FinalAlbion.wad"and "FinalAlbion.wad" have the same size ...
Tell me if I'm wrong a few steps and how do I rename the file FinalAlbion.wad (and which folder ...).
Thanks in advance.
Re: Fable TNW ... Problem [message #61850 is a reply to message #61849] Fri, 18 March 2011 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

... The Finalalbion.WAD. Find it in default directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable:The Lost Chapters\Data\Levels.
Rename Finalalbion.WAD by right clicking on it and clicking rename, or giving the text two single clicks, then when the name turns into a textbox, change the name to something, anything. Farts.WAD for example!

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Fable TNW ... Problem [message #61853 is a reply to message #61842] Sat, 19 March 2011 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok , problem solved . I have been all very helpful , thank you Smile .

Too bad, though, that the maps are not linked, and the mission of Orchard can not be completed and I'll never go ahead with the game ...
I really hope to see new areas in the vast Northern and Bowerstone North ... Sad Sad

[Updated on: Sat, 19 March 2011 04:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable TNW ... Problem [message #61854 is a reply to message #61853] Sat, 19 March 2011 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Actually I did see this method on the TNW release thred...
Some guy said this, forget who

This is a great mod but i found a way past the orcherd farm quest. I played the game till i completed the quest, tele to heros guild then saved and exit installed the mod and used my same game file and was able to do the darkwood quest with the traders but now i cant get them to follow me when i let the third trader follow me and i cant finish it unless i bring them with me to barrow fields

p.s. (spoiler) love the corn cob bow and chicken bow in the second crafters chest
But then darkwood has a problem, as you can see.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Fable TNW ... Problem [message #61867 is a reply to message #61842] Tue, 22 March 2011 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok, thank you all again. I solved the problem of Darkwood and the orchard and went on with the story.
Too bad that after defeating Twinblade (and after you open the treasure chest of 3 keys, behind the curtain), leaves an error message and crashes mysteriously.
Re: Fable TNW ... Problem [message #61869 is a reply to message #61867] Tue, 22 March 2011 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Can you be more specific about the error message? What does it say? When exactly does it come up? Did you have any other mods loaded? If you specify that problem MIGHT be bypassed with a little thought. Also, how'd you get darkwood to work? Confused

Re: Fable TNW ... Problem [message #61870 is a reply to message #61842] Tue, 22 March 2011 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Regarding the problem of Orchard and Darkwood, I played Fable the normal until the end of the mission of Darkwood (not open any treasure chest red special).
Then I installed the mod and have continued since the last save TNW.
In this way I could get all the new weapons and items up to that point.
There is a big problem though ... ç_ç
now I can no longer access Greathwood, picnic area, Tower Archon and Darkwood even! ç_ç ç_ç ç_ç ...
Can you tell me what is inside the chest of the red tower Archon??
I can never open it ç_ç. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Re: Fable TNW ... Problem [message #61871 is a reply to message #61870] Tue, 22 March 2011 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I don't know, the one time I used TNW I gave up after I couldn't go through orchard farm. But you still said nothing helpful about the error message.... or anything for that particular post. Sad

[Updated on: Tue, 22 March 2011 10:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable TNW ... Problem [message #61872 is a reply to message #61842] Tue, 22 March 2011 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Unfortunately I can never even get to the Hook Coast, since
Darkwood looks like it disappeared ...
I think I'll try to find something on the site of the creator of TNW.
For the rest, "BOH" I do not know what to say.
The error message is now again available in new small area in Bowerstone South but I can not explain anything about.
Re: Fable TNW ... Problem [message #61873 is a reply to message #61872] Tue, 22 March 2011 12:39 Go to previous message

Alright lemme ask this AGAIN. What does the error message say? When EXACTLY does it occur? It can't be figured out if all we hear is that an error message popped up and a vague description of when. You have to give specifics. Rolling Eyes

Previous Topic: How to gain dark wizard hat?
Next Topic: can you use ftnw with fable conquest
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:48:22 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01359 seconds