Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » berserk mod (thunder)
berserk mod (thunder) [message #61945] Mon, 28 March 2011 05:42 Go to next message
stoplookingatmyname is currently offline  stoplookingatmyname
Hey, this is my first post, so don't get too mad if I'm frustratingly vague. I was wondering if it is possible to turn the hero into thunder when you activate berserk (using fable explorer). I am pretty unexperienced when it comes to modding, but I think that i know most of the basics. Any thoughts?
Re: berserk mod (thunder) [message #61948 is a reply to message #61945] Mon, 28 March 2011 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Nope. You can't do it. All Beserk does is morph your bones, give you a certain coloring, as well as attack and defense boosts, and it also gives you that aura. Nothing else. To turn the hero into thunder with it you'd have to make it edit the cappearancedef temporarily, make it do mesh swaps, and you'd have to edit the bone morph to something similar to thunder's bones. The first one might be possible, as the animations change when you go beserk, the middle one steps out of the bounds of a spell entirely, and the third one is highly possible. But it's that middle one that's the big stopper. So I think you still need to learn a BIT more about the basics. Cool

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: berserk mod (thunder) [message #61950 is a reply to message #61948] Mon, 28 March 2011 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
What? Keshire released a mod a long, long time ago that gives the Hero horns while in berserk. So, horns are a clothing item, an animated mesh. Thunder has an animated mesh. The Hero can be made to use Thunder's bones and mesh while in Berserk. And as you said, the berserk animations can be changed a bit. Using the mesh swap fix, it should work fine.
Re: berserk mod (thunder) [message #61954 is a reply to message #61945] Mon, 28 March 2011 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If all i need to do is mess with the meshes, it doesn't seem too hard. although, as i have said, I'm a beginner and i might be wrong. I'm not too familiar with swapping meshes; is there a tutorial on this website? I've just always thought that a thunder berserk would be pretty cool.
Re: berserk mod (thunder) [message #61956 is a reply to message #61950] Mon, 28 March 2011 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

oooohhhhhhhhhh... I had a derp. Embarassed

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: berserk mod (thunder) [message #61965 is a reply to message #61954] Mon, 28 March 2011 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
stoplookingatmyname wrote on Mon, 28 March 2011 10:38

If all i need to do is mess with the meshes, it doesn't seem too hard. although, as i have said, I'm a beginner and i might be wrong. I'm not too familiar with swapping meshes; is there a tutorial on this website? I've just always thought that a thunder berserk would be pretty cool.
You're not messing with meshes. You're messing with mesh implementation. You open up the horns CAppearanceModifierDef, throw Thunder's mesh in there and set it for the berserk stat. And throw in the Mesh Swap Fix so that it doesn't look too weird. Check out Kesh's berserk w/horns mod for an idea on what to do.
Re: berserk mod (thunder) [message #62009 is a reply to message #61965] Wed, 30 March 2011 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok... spent a little time looking for the berserk horn mod you wrote about, but all i could find was a link from keshire that didn't work. I think I understand what you mean with the meshes on berserk, but until I even know how to find them, im hopeless. instead of me bothering you about it, is there some tutorial that you could refer me to off the top of your head?
Re: berserk mod (thunder) [message #62010 is a reply to message #62009] Wed, 30 March 2011 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If it's not in the tutorial section here, it's probably on Projectego

Re: berserk mod (thunder) [message #67771 is a reply to message #61945] Wed, 16 January 2013 05:02 Go to previous message
forg3600 is currently offline  forg3600

i did it
Previous Topic: No old and blond request
Next Topic: Screenshot Needed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 05:19:04 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02451 seconds