Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Are these possible?
Are these possible? [message #61960] Mon, 28 March 2011 10:14 Go to next message
Balthazzar is currently offline  Balthazzar
I am considering buying TLC for the PC (I have already purchased and sold it about 3 times for the xbox!).

I always love a sense of achievement and don't like god mods but I was thinking of putting some things into the game and I was just wondering if they are possible.

First, I read somewhere that you can invert the ageing with experience function so it was negative so your age would decrese. Can you transfer this function to other areas?

My Idea would be a 30 key chest weapon that had a -0.1 age modifier for every enemy you kill. By the time you get it you would be 65 so have to kill 500 or so enemies with the weapon to look young again.
My first thought was a potion that just made you young or a fountain of youth behind a demon door or something, but to make the demon door authentic I would have to do some voice acting or try to mesh it together from the other door audio. Also even though it would be difficult to obtain, there would be no further challenge, hence I wanted to make a weapon.

I would also like to make jacks mask worth something, all it does is make everyone run from you. I would perhaps look at some spell mods from the forum to give as a reward and give a big experience boost or atleast something that makes it worth it.

Then if I managed to get that all working I would most likely want to make a ritual to remove the mask but keep jacks spirit inside you, allowing you to attach helms again, but keep the power gained from the mask. Perhaps requiring you to have used the previous sword to become young and be wearing archons armour and I don't know, kill you wife with the sword of aeons (or avo) thus sacrificing them both. Perhaps with an additional power boost by melding your souls to cover the loss of the powerful sword.

Are any of these possible? I always love a challenge and sacfice in a game, and I especially love getting rewarded for going out of my way do a task/sidequest etc. (Something the fable team seem to have long since forgotton, giving you money in demon doors and random crap in silver key chests).

Thanks anyone that takes the time to read and answer,

Kind Regards,
Connor

[Updated on: Mon, 28 March 2011 10:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Are these possible? [message #61961 is a reply to message #61960] Mon, 28 March 2011 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Balthazzar wrote on Mon, 28 March 2011 13:14

Can you transfer this function to other areas?

Probably not. And I believe I saw something about jack's mask giving new spells? No new spells. We can edit existing ones, but that's pretty much it. I suppose it would be possible to make a new spell, but you'd have to base it off an existing one, AND the only way to get a spell, is to put it in the experience pedestal, and I don't believe you can edit it. Don't feel too bad, I had the same levels of hopes when I first joined. Razz

Also, you mentioned voice acting to make a new, authentic demon door? Sorry, that would require getting into the LUT dialog files, which haven't been cracked as far as I know. Confused

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 March 2011 10:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Are these possible? [message #61966 is a reply to message #61960] Mon, 28 March 2011 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Balthazzar wrote on Mon, 28 March 2011 12:14

First, I read somewhere that you can invert the ageing with experience function so it was negative so your age would decrese. Can you transfer this function to other areas?
No.

I would also like to make jacks mask worth something, all it does is make everyone run from you. I would perhaps look at some spell mods from the forum to give as a reward and give a big experience boost or atleast something that makes it worth it.
You can work with what's available in the cutscene. All you can do with the actual clothing item itself is affect alignment, attractiveness and scariness.

Then if I managed to get that all working I would most likely want to make a ritual to remove the mask but keep jacks spirit inside you, allowing you to attach helms again, but keep the power gained from the mask. Perhaps requiring you to have used the previous sword to become young and be wearing archons armour and I don't know, kill you wife with the sword of aeons (or avo) thus sacrificing them both. Perhaps with an additional power boost by melding your souls to cover the loss of the powerful sword.
No. Well, you'd need to hijack a cutscene as we can't produce our own. You can use a cutscene to remove both the mask and the sword based on a decision. Outside of that, the only way to have the mask be removable is to make it so that you can just take it off anyway. And even in doing all of this, people will still comment on how you kept the mask.
Re: Are these possible? [message #61991 is a reply to message #61966] Wed, 30 March 2011 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the replies guys.

So am I to assume that there is no form of scripting that the mod community can do? I cannot set conditions for chests appearing based on choices etc?
Re: Are these possible? [message #61995 is a reply to message #61991] Wed, 30 March 2011 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Balthazzar wrote on Wed, 30 March 2011 03:07

So am I to assume that there is no form of scripting that the mod community can do? I cannot set conditions for chests appearing based on choices etc?
There is, sort of. You'd have to make use of quest sections. There are some that only appear based on certain things. Let's say you get married, the marriage epilogue quest section in the fresco dome is now active. You can use that quest section elsewhere to have things only show up after you get married. There's the good and bad epilogue that show up based on alignment after you've beaten the game. You could go with those.

There are others. Be creative.
Re: Are these possible? [message #61999 is a reply to message #61995] Wed, 30 March 2011 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So there are kind of variables enabled by certain actions?

Can you use combinations ;

playerevilending = 1
and playermarried = 0

chestenableindarkwood

For example?

What can these variables be used to enable/activate? Chests (and other models appearing in game), reactions (I assume so), etc?
Re: Are these possible? [message #62008 is a reply to message #61999] Wed, 30 March 2011 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Balthazzar wrote on Wed, 30 March 2011 12:49

Not variables. Quest sections use the variables, you use the quest sections, that's the best we can do. So you find a quest that has as close to the conditions that you want, for example let's say you want hidden pirate treasure to show up here at some point in the game. You can use the quest sections of constant quests like chicken kicking, fishing, Avo/Skorm chapels, etc. And when those quests become active, so do the TNG scripts.
Re: Are these possible? [message #62014 is a reply to message #62008] Thu, 31 March 2011 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Wed, 30 March 2011 22:49

Balthazzar wrote on Wed, 30 March 2011 12:49

Not variables. Quest sections use the variables, you use the quest sections, that's the best we can do. So you find a quest that has as close to the conditions that you want, for example let's say you want hidden pirate treasure to show up here at some point in the game. You can use the quest sections of constant quests like chicken kicking, fishing, Avo/Skorm chapels, etc. And when those quests become active, so do the TNG scripts.

Examples: http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=scripting:time_based _script

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Are these possible? [message #62020 is a reply to message #61960] Thu, 31 March 2011 07:35 Go to previous message
Thanks for all the great replies!
Previous Topic: Put Water?
Next Topic: Horns & Halo at the same time?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:09:03 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01447 seconds