Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Is this possible?
icon5.gif  Is this possible? [message #62339] Thu, 14 April 2011 09:25 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Alright, I had an interesting idea and I was wondering how much of it is possible. Specifically, I want to put a sign out somewhere, that when you hit it, checks to see if you've completed the quest in which you hand maze's butt to him on a silver platter with barbeque sauce, and if you have, a cutscene initiates, in which maze appears behind you, puts a hand on your shoulder, and teleports you off to a filler area, in which the World Tree is surrounded by bandits, and you have to fight them off. After you've beaten them, I would love it if there were a chest with an ownage earthen style weapon up in the branches of the tree(Which I would attempt to do by adding a staircase up to the top where some sort of platform would be placed). I don't believe it would be possible to make the chest appear after you've beaten the bandits, so I would just make it a constant and have there be too many bandits to run away from in an attempt to get the weapon. So, how much of this is possible? Confused

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Is this possible? [message #62340 is a reply to message #62339] Thu, 14 April 2011 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yunvich is currently offline  yunvich
the weapon is possible (easy too), the maze thing might be possible, but out of range, at least for me, and about new areas.......... im not the one to discuss it
Re: Is this possible? [message #62341 is a reply to message #62340] Thu, 14 April 2011 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It wouldn't be a new area, it'd be a filler area. They're already in use(to a very tiny extent) and you often find yourself in them when you're freeroaming. And I know the teleporter is possible, as well as the world tree and the bandits, my main concern is maze and the weapon chest up on the world tree's top.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Is this possible? [message #62344 is a reply to message #62341] Thu, 14 April 2011 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
the chest appearing could work, but you would have to make killing them a quest. see cause in cbox you could set one part as a quest area (the bandits) and then set the chest as when the bandits arent there.

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."
Re: Is this possible? [message #62345 is a reply to message #62339] Thu, 14 April 2011 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in case you skipped the beginning part, Maze HAS a "hand in front of him" scene. don't know if that would work for what you want
Re: Is this possible? [message #62347 is a reply to message #62344] Thu, 14 April 2011 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

tyscifi wrote on Thu, 14 April 2011 15:06

the chest appearing could work, but you would have to make killing them a quest.

Problem. We can't do new quests and I REFUSE to edit an existing one. -.- And if you had paid attention long enough, you would have seen I said that I would just stick enough bandits there where you couldn't ignore them to get to the weapon. Evil or Very Mad
yunvich wrote on Thu, 14 April 2011 15:57

in case you skipped the beginning part, Maze HAS a "hand in front of him" scene. don't know if that would work for what you want

I think that would work perfectly, yunvich. Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2011 13:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is this possible? [message #62350 is a reply to message #62339] Thu, 14 April 2011 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know, i am a genius, just dont make Maze too evil, he did repent and was forced by Jack to be a villain
Re: Is this possible? [message #62351 is a reply to message #62350] Thu, 14 April 2011 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I know, I intend in a patchwork way, for maze to show the Hero to the location of the bandits. I'm gonna look at the wiki, see how much there is on cutscene editing. Then maybe I can find a way to use some of maze's old lines in a way that would fit the situation. Very Happy

Re: Is this possible? [message #62365 is a reply to message #62339] Thu, 14 April 2011 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Without core quest script access, you won't be able to pull that off. It's dependent on the cutscene "checking" if you had completed the quest, won't work. However, you can make the marker something that shows up only after that quest had been completed by making it a part of the fresco painting thing... bah, I forget which one. There's a quest section in the fresco dome scripts reserved for each painting, and it only shows up after whatever the required quest has been completed. So you throw the marker in that quest section and there you go.

The cutscene editing itself is rather difficult if you don't know what you're doing. You certainly won't be able to make it teleport you anywhere. All the cutscenes happen on only one map. Example, Maze saves child Hero, end of cutscene. Teleport to LookoutPoint, start new cutscene. That's done with core quest scripts that we can't access.
Re: Is this possible? [message #62373 is a reply to message #62365] Fri, 15 April 2011 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

So my best hope would be just to ditch the cutscene altogether and do the teleporter and set up a buttload of bandits around the World Tree?

Re: Is this possible? [message #62392 is a reply to message #62373] Fri, 15 April 2011 20:26 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Yea that would work. It sucks that we have to kind of pretend with the stories but without being able to create and implement new quests and cutscenes, we can't really create a real story.
Previous Topic: my light sword
Next Topic: tatoo probs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:08:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01234 seconds