Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » How to make Balvarine Invunerable?
How to make Balvarine Invunerable? [message #62683] Mon, 02 May 2011 10:02 Go to next message
Matticus is currently offline  Matticus
I know with Hero you'd change to 9113 in CHitLocationsDef and 0 in Damageable, but what about the Balvarine?
I can't seem to find the Balvarine in Creatures only these:
CREATURE_BALVARINE_01
CREATURE_BALVARINE_EASY
CREATURE_FULLMOON_BALVERINE
CREATURE_NW_BALVARINE_01

Which one do I edit?

Also, this is all referencing to the Balvarine Transformation Mod.
So I'm basically aiming to make my Balvarine invulnerable.
Even if it means making them all invulnerable, so be it... they don't attack me anyway. lol

P.s. Also, how would I go about still talking to NPC's while a Balvarine aswell?

[Updated on: Mon, 02 May 2011 11:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How replace Hero with a Balvarine Model? [message #62684 is a reply to message #62683] Mon, 02 May 2011 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I don't believe this is possible, as the balverine was never designed for human animations. Neutral

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: How replace Hero with a Balvarine Model? [message #62685 is a reply to message #62684] Mon, 02 May 2011 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint wrote on Mon, 02 May 2011 10:41

I don't believe this is possible, as the balverine was never designed for human animations. Neutral

True, but I don't think it's entirely impossible.
I'm sure there's a way, just not sure what that is.
Re: How replace Hero with a Balvarine Model? [message #62686 is a reply to message #62685] Mon, 02 May 2011 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Okay, your new stuff is very interesting. I would try editing CREATURE_HERO_BALVERINE. If that doesn't work, you'll have to settle for a vulnerable balverine mode, or a hero that's always invulnerable. As for being able to talk to people as a balverine, poke around in factions. Wink

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: How replace Hero with a Balvarine Model? [message #62687 is a reply to message #62686] Mon, 02 May 2011 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint wrote on Mon, 02 May 2011 11:52

Okay, your new stuff is very interesting. I would try editing CREATURE_HERO_BALVERINE. If that doesn't work, you'll have to settle for a vulnerable balverine mode, or a hero that's always invulnerable. As for being able to talk to people as a balverine, poke around in factions. Wink

Alright, I'll give it a go. Keep an eye on this post as I'll update you with the results.

[UPDATE]
Didn't work. The Balvarine is still just as vunerable as ever. lol
I'll continue to poke around, though.
But until I find something out, keep suggesting ideas.
I could use the help. lol

[Updated on: Mon, 02 May 2011 12:02]

Re: How replace Hero with a Balvarine Model? [message #62688 is a reply to message #62687] Mon, 02 May 2011 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well, if it doesn't use CREATURE_HERO_BALVERINE, then clearly it uses CREATURE_HERO, just using some elaborate cutscene work, and a new cappearancedef. In other words, you'll have to either be invincible full time, or not at all. Neutral

Re: How replace Hero with a Balvarine Model? [message #62689 is a reply to message #62688] Mon, 02 May 2011 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint wrote on Mon, 02 May 2011 12:05

Well, if it doesn't use CREATURE_HERO_BALVERINE, then clearly it uses CREATURE_HERO, just using some elaborate cutscene work, and a new cappearancedef. In other words, you'll have to either be invincible full time, or not at all. Neutral

Regardless I'll continue to poke around. I know that it's possible, just have to find out how to do it.
I did notice the Balvarine can use the Hero's spells when transformed, so I used Physical Shield. Now if I could just make it permanent.
Re: How replace Hero with a Balvarine Model? [message #62690 is a reply to message #62689] Mon, 02 May 2011 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Matticus wrote on Mon, 02 May 2011 15:42

Now if I could just make it permanent.

Good luck with that. Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Mon, 02 May 2011 12:47]

Re: How replace Hero with a Balvarine Model? [message #62691 is a reply to message #62690] Mon, 02 May 2011 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint wrote on Mon, 02 May 2011 12:47

Matticus wrote on Mon, 02 May 2011 15:42

Now if I could just make it permanent.

Good luck with that. Rolling Eyes

I have a distinct feeling you know something I don't.
Anything I should know before trying that?
Re: How replace Hero with a Balvarine Model? [message #62692 is a reply to message #62691] Mon, 02 May 2011 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I've poked around in the spell entries, and I haven't found anything that would manage the amount of mana lost when you get hit, which is what you'll need to find to increase the duration of the spell. Neutral

Re: How replace Hero with a Balvarine Model? [message #62693 is a reply to message #62692] Mon, 02 May 2011 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint wrote on Mon, 02 May 2011 13:00

I've poked around in the spell entries, and I haven't found anything that would manage the amount of mana lost when you get hit, which is what you'll need to find to increase the duration of the spell. Neutral

Poking about aswell, there are alot of Unknown things which I think may be the values needed to modify. But I just can't bring it to myself to edit them without knowing what they do.

EDIT:
Found something! ...I think.
go to SPECIAL_ABILITY_PHYSICAL_SHIELD_DEF
then look around there.
Mainly look at 7356 - SPECIAL_ABILITY_PHYSICAL_SHIELD_DEF_INSTANCE

Maybe something can be found there, although everything is Unknown. Confused

[Updated on: Mon, 02 May 2011 13:31]

Re: How to make Balvarine Invunerable? [message #62694 is a reply to message #62683] Mon, 02 May 2011 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
you could always just turn on infinite health on trainer 24 for that period Thumbs Up

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."
Re: How replace Hero with a Balvarine Model? [message #62695 is a reply to message #62693] Mon, 02 May 2011 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Matticus wrote on Mon, 02 May 2011 16:20

asmcint wrote on Mon, 02 May 2011 13:00

Poking about aswell, there are alot of Unknown things which I think may be the values needed to modify. But I just can't bring it to myself to edit them without knowing what they do.

EDIT:
Found something! ...I think.
go to SPECIAL_ABILITY_PHYSICAL_SHIELD_DEF
then look around there.
Mainly look at 7356 - SPECIAL_ABILITY_PHYSICAL_SHIELD_DEF_INSTANCE

Maybe something can be found there, although everything is Unknown. Confused

I know what that is, that's the main control for things specific to that spell. And not all of it is unknowns. But that's the entry I use to edit physical shield color. Very Happy

Re: How to make Balvarine Invunerable? [message #62696 is a reply to message #62694] Mon, 02 May 2011 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi wrote on Mon, 02 May 2011 17:41

you could always just turn on infinite health on trainer 24 for that period Thumbs Up

Yeah, that is what I do now. But my aim is to be able to do it without any trainers.It Makes the screen to messy looking and cluttered when I can't play in fullscreen.
If I could just figure out how the trainer does it, I'd be set.
Re: How to make Balvarine Invunerable? [message #62710 is a reply to message #62696] Wed, 04 May 2011 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nostradamus
Dont know if it'll work but try messing around with this.

in pc-language, 0 stands for negative and 1 stands for positive.
So like in ImmuneToAttack, it says 0(negative). if you change it to 1(positive) it should make you immune to attack.

not sure tho, but try messing with it

• Attachment: erhmehm.png
    (Size: 51.37KB, Downloaded 745 times)

Modding takes the fun out of the game but gets the game into the fun.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 May 2011 08:30]

Re: How to make Balvarine Invunerable? [message #62714 is a reply to message #62710] Wed, 04 May 2011 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nostradamus wrote on Wed, 04 May 2011 08:22

Dont know if it'll work but try messing around with this.

in pc-language, 0 stands for negative and 1 stands for positive.
So like in ImmuneToAttack, it says 0(negative). if you change it to 1(positive) it should make you immune to attack.

not sure tho, but try messing with it

Alrighty, then.
Gave that a go.
Guess what happened?
...nothing.
Still lose health and still die. Damn.
Re: How to make Balvarine Invunerable? [message #62716 is a reply to message #62714] Wed, 04 May 2011 10:16 Go to previous message

I think that the melee thing has to do with hand to hand combat, not combat with weapons. o.o

Previous Topic: stairs
Next Topic: expression
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 12:30:43 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01414 seconds