Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Definitions » Harder Fable
Harder Fable [message #62864] Sun, 15 May 2011 18:40 Go to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
This is a super-dooper simple mod.. but everyone's (me included) always saying Fable has no challenge, so I decided to make all the monsters harder to kill, to give the game some actual challenge. Also I've tweaked the spells to make them a little weaker but more useful. All the stats cost more to upgrade too so it's harder to max things out. It's not too hard. Just hard enough where you actually need skill Smile I know there's probably been a million people make this mod but here it is.
(no screenshots... this is self explanatory. Don't think it need screens)

If you like Fable being easy, this is not the mod for you. But if you don't like it easy, welcome to heaven Very Happy
Load both .fpm's. Unless you don't want the spell, stat cost, and drop tweaks. But it's more fun with both

-Spells: Divine/Infernal wrath take longer to cast and the duritation is shortened but it does more damage, also the radius is decreased
-Lightning does less damage but hits more enemies and has a max of 3 tendrils
-Summon lasts shorter
-Ghost sword lasts shorter
-Assassin rush costs more mana but you travel further
-Enflame has a smaller radius and does slightly more damage
-Slow time lasts shorter
-Berserk lasts for a few seconds, does not effect attack speed, but increases damage a lot
-Multi Strike has less hits
-Fire ball does a little bit less damage but has a bigger area of effect
-Physical shield costs more mana per time you get hit
-Turncoat has a shorter casting time
-Drain Life hits more enemies but gives you only 1-2 orbs per person
-Battle Charge has a longer travel distance but a smaller area of effect
-Force Push does more damage but has a much smaller area of effect

Stats: Strength stats give you more physique, toughness, or health on each level, which is why they cost more experience

(also gold drops have been increased so you get between 20-1000 gold on creature gold drops. And potions are more expensive)

Fable: TLC Remastered.... http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9185& ; ; ;start=0&... October, 2012 :D

[Updated on: Tue, 24 May 2011 04:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Harder Fable [message #66661 is a reply to message #62864] Mon, 07 May 2012 19:15 Go to previous message
Final-Z is currently offline  Final-Z
Well, first of all, great job out there! The mod seems to contains several very little balancing problems however.

Here's what I mean: wasps now take 4 hits with a iron long sword to kill, which is great. But, why does it gives 250 good alignment points? I looked my character's status and, after 10 of them, the alignment bar was still neutral. This is just insane ^^

Also, I think you forgot one or two spells, like heal life, that requires +/- 500 xp at level 1. Other are just impossible to improve, like toughness that demands 150000 at lvl 1 ?!

Anyways, this is a GREAT mod, and it gives me a good start to create my own harder Fable (which i'll keep for myself, since it will not be 100% from me). But i'm too lazy for such things :3

thanks a lot Very Happy
Previous Topic: Avo's Tear and Sword of aeons Damage Increase
Next Topic: Larger Inventory Mod - Redone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 20:15:24 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01153 seconds