Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Ultra low graphics for Fable TLC.
Ultra low graphics for Fable TLC. [message #62882] Wed, 18 May 2011 00:08 Go to next message
cerinjsh is currently offline  cerinjsh
Hello.I have a netbook and it does not seem to be able to run the game properly even on lowest settings...the fps is way to low...it is not playable.
Is there any mod/application or anything else that can put the game to lower settings than usual?
My graphics card is intel gma 950 128mb.
Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 May 2011 00:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Ultra low graphics for Fable TLC. [message #62884 is a reply to message #62882] Wed, 18 May 2011 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

cerinjsh wrote on Wed, 18 May 2011 03:08

Is there any mod/application or anything else that can put the game to lower settings than usual?

Nope. Either change from a notebook to a laptop or desktop, or get a better graphics card for it. We can't screw with the graphics meter's settings any better than we can fly. Rolling Eyes

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Ultra low graphics for Fable TLC. [message #62885 is a reply to message #62882] Wed, 18 May 2011 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cerinjsh is currently offline  cerinjsh
That's too bad...i just want to know is there any way to get my fps better...i tried the low textures mod but still no progress...it's still going with too slow framerate....crap....
Re: Ultra low graphics for Fable TLC. [message #62886 is a reply to message #62882] Wed, 18 May 2011 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
textures have nothing to do with much of it, terrible textures will only look worse at low setting not increase speed

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."
Re: Ultra low graphics for Fable TLC. [message #63201 is a reply to message #62882] Wed, 01 June 2011 00:34 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Fable can run just fine on modern computers with low graphics capabilities provided that the graphics card/chipset has shaders at the very least. The problem here is likely a lack of processing power. Netbooks typically have weak CPUs.

Make backups of your Fable installation (or be prepared to reinstall), then find and use my TNG editor's set somewhere in Levels Discussion. Then replace your WLD in the Levels folder with the one attached to this post.

The game will still be unplayable since we're gutting everything. What you'll be doing is taking the Fable world and removing everything except for a single blank map. This is purely diagnostic. If the FPS is still low, you should consider an upgrade because your machine is exceptionally weak. If the FPS is significantly boosted, up the graphics settings. Start with texture and mesh quality, then everything except AA and shadows. If it slows down only a little, it's the CPU, if it slows down heavily, it's the graphics.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 June 2011 00:36]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Before I do this, tell me if I should...
Next Topic: Adding new content without replacing - how much?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 17:51:00 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01462 seconds