Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » File X
icon5.gif  File X [message #63605] Thu, 23 June 2011 08:07 Go to next message
lorenzofiore is currently offline  lorenzofiore
Hello. I'm new for mod and i know use the File X Sad . How do I?
Which program I use for open the File x ?(sry for my English)
Re: File X [message #63606 is a reply to message #63605] Thu, 23 June 2011 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

.x files are meshes. You open them with modelling programs, such as 3DS max and Blender. 3DS max costs money, but is generally user friendly, and while blender is free, it takes time to get used to. Anyway, Fable only accepts meshes in a .x format, so if you intend to go into fable modelling, expect to export and import a LOT of .x files. And if you use blender, don't get 2.5 at the moment, it's currently even less user friendly, and has no built in .x exporter or importer, and has no plugins built to do it. I learned that about 15 minutes ago after trying it for the first time. Crying or Very Sad

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: File X [message #63607 is a reply to message #63606] Thu, 23 June 2011 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lorenzofiore is currently offline  lorenzofiore
OK I have blender bat i can't load the file x end i can't open open their. which plugin serve to me?
Re: File X [message #63608 is a reply to message #63605] Thu, 23 June 2011 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
make sure you have the latest version, and go to i think it is, file, import, direct x (.X) also the newest one has a direct x importer and exporter built in, but blender does seem to have problems exporting them from time to time. if you want a link to a modelling tutorial, i will pm you a link, just ask. welcome to the site plz follow the rules and thanks for not making your first post a necropost. p.s. you first should go to open then copy the location of your desktop from the top bar, then go to import and paste it over the other bar or whatever you would call it

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."

[Updated on: Thu, 23 June 2011 10:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: File X [message #63611 is a reply to message #63608] Thu, 23 June 2011 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No, DON'T get the latest version, the latest version is what I just downloaded today, and it does NOT support directx. Mad

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: File X [message #63613 is a reply to message #63605] Thu, 23 June 2011 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did they recently release a version?

Re: File X [message #63614 is a reply to message #63613] Thu, 23 June 2011 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes, 2.58, released yesterday. =/

Re: File X [message #63618 is a reply to message #63605] Thu, 23 June 2011 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh ok use one of the ones b4 that

Re: File X [message #63620 is a reply to message #63618] Thu, 23 June 2011 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If you can find one that is. They seem to have been eradicated from the site. Crying or Very Sad

Re: File X [message #63622 is a reply to message #63620] Thu, 23 June 2011 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
asmcint wrote on Thu, 23 June 2011 16:21

If you can find one that is. They seem to have been eradicated from the site. Crying or Very Sad
Blender.org maintains a release archive containing all previous releases. Most freeware groups do. Link.
Re: File X [message #63623 is a reply to message #63622] Thu, 23 June 2011 15:26 Go to previous message

Thanks john, you're a lifesaver. Very Happy

Previous Topic: What are Markers?
Next Topic: new item pack 2.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 13:14:11 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01234 seconds