Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Invisibility spell?
Invisibility spell? [message #63794] Thu, 30 June 2011 05:35 Go to next message
jalex228 is currently offline  jalex228
The other day, I read JohnDoe's Graphics editing 101, a most useful reference, when I noticed something written about the transparency of a texture. After further investigation on the site, I saw several designs with transparent parts. One thing lead to another, and after a bit of brainstorming, I thought, "Well, I can make transparent textures, and the berserk spell has the ability to change your skin color to a separate texture, so what if I changed the berserk texture to a transparent version of your normal skin and delete the bones for it?" To further extend on my idea, I attempted to figure out how the game decides whether you're in the sight range of another NPC, and how you can change that in-game (Like that whole super slow extra walk that lowers their chance of seeing you). I don't want to break my game with this due to my third installation disc breaking, rendering me without a way to re-install it if I must, so I just want to ask this to you more advanced modders out there, would this be possible?

Have a weapon that looks too dull? PM me! I'll make it more......Suitable, in no time! Just tell me what colors you want and the name of the weapon or armor, and I'll do my best.
Re: Invisibility spell? [message #63801 is a reply to message #63794] Thu, 30 June 2011 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

The berserk spell applies a color filter to your texture, so unfortunately that won't be possible. It doesn't change your texture, it just colors you.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Invisibility spell? [message #63806 is a reply to message #63794] Thu, 30 June 2011 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Although you can make an invisible outfit that actually makes the Hero invisible. On top of that it can also boost his stealth. I'd recommend making this a one-piece item, no one wants to walk around with invisible legs.

[Updated on: Thu, 30 June 2011 14:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Invisibility spell? [message #63814 is a reply to message #63806] Thu, 30 June 2011 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Thu, 30 June 2011 16:20

no one wants to walk around with invisible legs.

Speak for yourself!

Re: Invisibility spell? [message #63822 is a reply to message #63794] Fri, 01 July 2011 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
yah, invisble legs would be awesome, morerunes, didnt you do that with a bone edit? well your whole body minus your head? Laughing

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."
Re: Invisibility spell? [message #63828 is a reply to message #63822] Fri, 01 July 2011 08:24 Go to previous message

Administrator

Ha! I think I did something like that.

Fun: Negative bone values

Previous Topic: OogaBoogaBooga
Next Topic: morerunes sword
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:21:10 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01423 seconds