Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » microsoft
microsoft [message #63915] Tue, 05 July 2011 13:46 Go to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
does anyone know of a 3d modelling program made bye microsoft? i have looked around the internet and was wondering if you guys knew of any, and i mean like bledner or 3dsmax or maya something like that they have made? if they have do you know if it can handle skinweights?

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."
Re: microsoft [message #63918 is a reply to message #63915] Tue, 05 July 2011 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
http://www.caligari.com/

It's been discontinued but the latest version is available as a free download. There's no real support for it, but it does look somewhat promising. It was bought by Microsoft a few years ago, and it does look to have DirectX support. Even better, it looks like it may be used by a few XNA developers.

Try it out, let us know if you come across any problems. Just know that we're all mostly 3DS and Blender folks, we won't be able to troubleshoot for you.
Re: microsoft [message #63920 is a reply to message #63915] Tue, 05 July 2011 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
yah, i was wondering about a microsoft one cause i know someone who could get me a huge discount, but i will check this out and see what it can do
edit
wow that program is freaking confusing, but i will try to find it out

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2011 19:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: microsoft [message #63923 is a reply to message #63920] Tue, 05 July 2011 20:07 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I did a quick read, it has an updated interface on by default and everyone finds it odd - but it can be reverted to an older interface that people seem to think makes more sense. Check out the documentation and see what's up with that.

And remember, any new developing environment is confusing. Take a moment to learn your way around. I'm sure everyone remembers their first time using Blender. Not fond of such memories myself.
Previous Topic: Demon sword
Next Topic: Plugins for 3ds max 2010....?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:33:51 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01189 seconds