Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Will Markings still giving me grief...
Will Markings still giving me grief... [message #63961] Thu, 07 July 2011 18:10 Go to next message
Hilakos is currently offline  Hilakos
Hello, newbie here, obviously. I've been doing some basic definition editing as per instructed on these forums (scar and bruise removal and simple stuff like that). I've been trying for a couple days to remove the ugly looking 'will tattoos' or markings that appear when you train your will abilities. I looked up here to see what was said about it, and I tried following one of the tutorials that claimed to get rid of the will effects. However, all I could find in the DE9B0516 section of the CHeroMorphDef that pertained to will effects were two for hand glow. I can't seem to find any others. Am I missing something?

Here's the thread I was using for instruction

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=53079& amp;&srch=rank
Re: Will Markings still giving me grief... [message #63963 is a reply to message #63961] Thu, 07 July 2011 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

If it a is matter of not seeing the entries pertaining to Will, you may need to remove some other stuff to be able to get down low enough on the list, FE doesn't let you scroll all the way down.
If you are wanting to keep all the old and evil morph stuff, maybe remove the old and blond entries of all the hair styles you never use in the game. That may get you low enough on the list to start deleting those Will entries.

If that doesn't work, make and fmp including all the old and evil and all other stuff you want to have, save it. Then delete everything until you find those Will entries. Save and Run, then come back and use the fmp to add in all the stuff you want.

Re: Will Markings still giving me grief... [message #63966 is a reply to message #63963] Thu, 07 July 2011 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
jwc2200 wrote on Thu, 07 July 2011 22:51

FE doesn't let you scroll all the way down.
Sure it does. Confused

If that doesn't work, make and fmp including all the old and evil and all other stuff you want to have, save it. Then delete everything until you find those Will entries. Save and Run, then come back and use the fmp to add in all the stuff you want.
That would bring back the will array entries as well, unfortunately. The FMP stores the entire CHeroMorphDef.
Re: Will Markings still giving me grief... [message #63969 is a reply to message #63966] Fri, 08 July 2011 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Fri, 08 July 2011 01:19

FE doesn't let you scroll all the way down.
Sure it does. Confused

When the DE9B0516 has all the original entries FE won't scroll down to the Will entries. In the past I had to delete some things to be able to see the things at the bottom. Is there another way.

JohnDoe wrote on Fri, 08 July 2011 01:19

That would bring back the will array entries as well, unfortunately. The FMP stores the entire CHeroMorphDef.

That makes sense I guess.

Re: Will Markings still giving me grief... [message #63971 is a reply to message #63969] Fri, 08 July 2011 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
jwc2200 wrote on Fri, 08 July 2011 02:05

When the DE9B0516 has all the original entries FE won't scroll down to the Will entries. In the past I had to delete some things to be able to see the things at the bottom. Is there another way.
I need to listen to you more often, just checked and you are absolutely right. There is a way though, it would require editing it manually in a hex editor. Or if you're not insane, you can see if ChocolateBox will do it.
Re: Will Markings still giving me grief... [message #63974 is a reply to message #63961] Fri, 08 July 2011 06:09 Go to previous message
Hilakos is currently offline  Hilakos
Thanks for the speedy and informative responses guys! I'll do my best to try and research what you said and figure it out, though any other advice would be much appreciated, as I'm still new to these shenanigans.
Previous Topic: Play as a Summoner - 1 problem left...
Next Topic: Disabling explosions on hit while berserker is active
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:20:12 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01090 seconds