Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » About Signpost.........
About Signpost......... [message #63990] Sun, 10 July 2011 09:38 Go to next message
henryirvin is currently offline  henryirvin
how to make a signpost with my own text? like in Fable: The New World..........?
Re: About Signpost......... [message #63992 is a reply to message #63990] Sun, 10 July 2011 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
First method, make a new text.big entry with the desired text, then use the symbol name of the text entry for the ScriptData line in your sign script.

For the second method, I can't remember if it's the GTG or BWD (UseCompiledWorldFiles and UseCompiledGlobalThings in the userst.ini, respectively) that needs to be set to FALSE, but disabling one or the other will allow you to type in the desired text right in the TNG. Just make your sign script and type in the text in the ScriptData line.
Re: About Signpost......... [message #63994 is a reply to message #63990] Sun, 10 July 2011 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, sir
Re: About Signpost......... [message #63995 is a reply to message #63990] Sun, 10 July 2011 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i set the value to FALSE, any negative effect will come or not?
Re: About Signpost......... [message #63997 is a reply to message #63995] Sun, 10 July 2011 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
henryirvin wrote on Sun, 10 July 2011 21:47

if i set the value to FALSE, any negative effect will come or not?
Yes. And also positive effects too.

Setting UseCompiledWorldFiles to FALSE will tell Fable to use the WLD instead of the BWD, this increases loading time but allows you to change the WLD (plain text) instead of the BWD (binary). Though each edit requires a new game... but that is true either way.

Setting UseCompiledGlobalThings to FALSE will tell Fable to use only the TNGs and not the GTG, this noticeably increases loading time, but you don't have to match map ID numbers from the WLD when editing the GTG separate of the corresponding TNGs in the hopes that you got everything lined up right, it also allows you to use ChocolateBox to edit things like region entrance/exit and holy site points and teleport spots. But again, edits require new saves, though the addition of new scripts shouldn't require a new save at all.

TL;DR - longer loading times, but makes editing maps and regions easier. Remember to start a new game.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 July 2011 22:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: About Signpost......... [message #63999 is a reply to message #63990] Sun, 10 July 2011 22:59 Go to previous message
Thanks, this tutorial works correctly. i use the 1st step. n thanks to for the negative n postitive effects
Previous Topic: summoning problem...............
Next Topic: Posible way to create custom clothes for fable!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:49:15 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01415 seconds