Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Posible way to create custom clothes for fable!
icon4.gif  Posible way to create custom clothes for fable! [message #64015] Tue, 12 July 2011 12:17 Go to next message
FtlcRules is currently offline  FtlcRules
Ok so, I've been messing around with the Directx files of the clothes, especifically with the hats, and I wonder if it was possible to make my own customize clothes for fable, without 3ds max, and with the new version of blender 2.58, this is what i got so far:

In Blender with the model and three bones of reference:

Some skinweight with the bones:

The .x file finished:

How it looks in Fable Explorer:

And finally how it looks in the game:

I know it looks very damn ugly, but the simple fact that it worked in Fable it's just amazing, I can fix it, but it's gonna take a day or two, because I donĀ“t have very much time to do this, I'm gonna post the step by step instructions maybe tonight or tomorrow, depends that how much time do I have. It takes modelling, texturing, simple rigging, skinweighting, and some tweaking with the directx file.

I hope that with the cooperation of other modders, we can make this work perfectly Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 12 July 2011 12:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Posible way to create custom clothes for fable! [message #64016 is a reply to message #64015] Tue, 12 July 2011 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
So what you're saying is that the latest Blender supports skinweights on DirectX exports. Good. That's what was stopping people before with Blender.
Re: Posible way to create custom clothes for fable! [message #64018 is a reply to message #64016] Tue, 12 July 2011 13:02 Go to previous message
FtlcRules is currently offline  FtlcRules
Yes, it's great! The bad thing about the new blender is, that there isn't an importer yet, but you can import the object in blender 2.49 and open it with blender 2.58 and that's it Smile
Previous Topic: About Signpost.........
Next Topic: There is a high limit.....?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 20:28:31 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02213 seconds