Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » New here and need some help.
icon5.gif  New here and need some help. [message #64091] Sat, 23 July 2011 16:00 Go to next message
Castiglione is currently offline  Castiglione
I'm new here so please forgive my noobness. I downloaded the .fmp for the Sword of 1000 Truths and I'd like to put it in my game. How would I go about doing such.

If at all possible, and an admin would be so kind, just e-mail me and we can do a private conversation without cluttering up the forum much more.

PS: I am trying to mod the actual Original Xbox game, and am using FlashFXP. So if I'm usign the wrong program or some such nonsence please let me know. Smile
Re: New here and need some help. [message #64092 is a reply to message #64091] Sat, 23 July 2011 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I am an admin, but I am opposed to private support discussions for things like this specifically because it is a common thing. The more answered posts like these there are, the more people will find them, read them, and benefit from them without making a new thread asking the same question. So it's alright, we will do this here.

Modding on the xbox. Interesting. I thought for sure the FMP would be incompatible for various reasons but if it loads and saves properly I guess you're almost good to go. All you need to do now is write a level script and stick the item in a chest somewhere.

Grab FreeRoam from our wiki, under utilities. Use that to dump the FinalAlbion.wad. Rename or delete the FinalAlbion.wad. The TNGs in the newly created FinalAlbion directory are plaintext files that can be opened in notepad. Find the one that corresponds with the map in which you want the item to be made available. Then it is as simple as copy/pasting a chest script, adjusting the coordinates, changing the items in the chest, and you're good to go.

Here I have provided a template chest script for you. You can get the OBJECT name from FE after loading the FMP. The number will be 14760+ and obviously it will be under OBJECTs. The coordinates will depend on the map. UID can be any number, but standard is 20 digits starting with 1844.

Toggle Spoiler
Re: New here and need some help. [message #64094 is a reply to message #64092] Sat, 23 July 2011 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As I have said I am new to all of this. I'm not sure if it will even work on the xbox I just got the FMP and am wondering where to go from there if anyone is willing to guide me. I read off a seperate forum that explained any Fable mods from here would work on any Fable game, PC or Xbox. I'll look up more on the subject as I can and read on FreeRoam and see if its plausible that it might work.

Thank you for your help and I eagerly await your reply.
Re: New here and need some help. [message #64096 is a reply to message #64094] Sat, 23 July 2011 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Castiglione wrote on Sat, 23 July 2011 20:20

I read off a seperate forum that explained any Fable mods from here would work on any Fable game, PC or Xbox.
Oh, then you've been misinformed. The FMP won't be compatible and needs to be converted for Xbox use.

Unfortunately I don't know of anyone still around capable of doing that.
Re: New here and need some help. [message #64097 is a reply to message #64096] Sat, 23 July 2011 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, then is there any section that tells or teaches you how to mod specifically the original xbox Fable TLC game? I've tried searching and lurking what I can but I'm only finding that I need to convert some files or something.

[Updated on: Sun, 24 July 2011 09:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New here and need some help. [message #64110 is a reply to message #64097] Sun, 24 July 2011 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update: Ok so I downloaded Fable Explorer and the "Xbox" xml. The issue I'm having now is when I try to open Fable in Fable Explorer there isn't a Big Bin or BBB file on the Xbox CD. I seem to be stuck here and can't find anymore info. Any suggestions?
Re: New here and need some help. [message #64112 is a reply to message #64110] Sun, 24 July 2011 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
The BINs are there, but the BIZs have to be converted to BIGs with Fable Tools. You should be able to find a download for that on the forums as well. If not, I'll provide it.
Re: New here and need some help. [message #64114 is a reply to message #64112] Sun, 24 July 2011 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see VOB, BUP, IFO no BIZ's, also I cannot find the download.

[Updated on: Sun, 24 July 2011 19:48]

Re: New here and need some help. [message #64117 is a reply to message #64114] Sun, 24 July 2011 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Castiglione wrote on Sun, 24 July 2011 21:37

I see VOB, BUP, IFO no BIZ's
You're doing it wrong.

Castiglione wrote on Sun, 24 July 2011 21:37

also I cannot find the download.
You didn't look then. Here.

[Updated on: Sun, 24 July 2011 22:11]

Re: New here and need some help. [message #64118 is a reply to message #64117] Sun, 24 July 2011 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lmao if you search "Fable Tools" alot more then just a few links show.

Anyways you say I'm doing it wrong how do I do it then? Keep in mind I'm just right clicking on the CD drive and hitting open.
Re: New here and need some help. [message #64119 is a reply to message #64118] Sun, 24 July 2011 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Your computer is trying to read it as a DVD, not an Xbox game. You need to save the game to the Xbox hard drive or rip it from the disc on your computer via special software.

Never having owned an Xbox or an Xbox game, I can't help you with that.
Re: New here and need some help. [message #64120 is a reply to message #64119] Sun, 24 July 2011 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Then I shall google the answer! Thank you for your help so far. I will be back once I find a solution. In the meantime anyone who has the answer or has done this before please post it.
Re: New here and need some help. [message #64125 is a reply to message #64120] Mon, 25 July 2011 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

What dashboard do you have? UnleashX? or that other one?

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: New here and need some help. [message #64126 is a reply to message #64125] Mon, 25 July 2011 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm running a basic xbox. This is my first kind of mod or customization I've done. I just want to mod the original xbox fable game with a new weapon and more then likely make some new quests personally.

Anyways I don't entirely know what you mean by dashboard.
Re: New here and need some help. [message #64127 is a reply to message #64126] Mon, 25 July 2011 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Aah, you need to mod your xbox to do that. You can get more info here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Softmod-Your-Xbox-play-games -without-disk/

Apparently there's a way to do it without one of those games, but I don't know how safe that is since I haven't done that. Anyway, here's the tut: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-softmod-your-xbox...f or-FREE/

It's pretty rewarding if you do it correctly, a modded xbox is really neat. Versatile

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: New here and need some help. [message #64128 is a reply to message #64127] Mon, 25 July 2011 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay thank you! Will this personally cost me anything and how much of modding will I be doing? Just software basics or adding chips and redoing hardware.

Also while I look into this and on a more on topic basis, How will this allow me to access the information on the game and mod it using my pc?

~Fyi: I'm asking these questions so those completely new to this can learn it from this thread. Feel free to ignore these questions if you wish as I am looking into it personally now.~
Re: New here and need some help. [message #64130 is a reply to message #64128] Mon, 25 July 2011 17:20 Go to previous message
Update: FML was almost all the way through the http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-softmod-your-xbox...f or-FREE/ tutorial and my computer doesn't have ATA connections it has SATA. So I need to find a different computer or do it by way of spending actual cash. T~T

[Updated on: Mon, 25 July 2011 17:21]

Previous Topic: Peter's Armour?xD
Next Topic: Annoying Eye Coordination
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:49:01 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01046 seconds