Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Problems Running Fable Explorer on XP.
Problems Running Fable Explorer on XP. [message #64277] Mon, 08 August 2011 03:29 Go to next message
Sketchy77 is currently offline  Sketchy77
Hello, I am new to the forums, first post actually.

I just downloaded Fable Explorer, and after opening it, it just freezes on the picture with the heroes (you know the one) and I can't do anything.

I am running on XP, and I DID read the Common Problems and Solutions post, which told me that if not running on Vista or 7, that I should un-flag "read only" on my files. Assuming you mean access file properties and unflag it there, I went to do that only for it to be already unflagged.

I have both DirectX 9.0C and .Net Framework 2.0 installed, which I made sure of. Yet the Explorer still freezes at startup.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for any inconvenience if this problem has already been resolved. I hope I was specific enough.

Moderator says----EDIT instead of double post:
Also, I edited my registry like JohnDoe explained in one thread, yet it continues to "freeze" (I know it has an error message behind it).

I edited SetupPath to display the directory Fable is in.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2011 06:32] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems Running Fable Explorer on XP. [message #64284 is a reply to message #64277] Mon, 08 August 2011 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Whoa, hold on, just a damn second. You're saying you've done this solutions, we don't even know if you had the problems that these solutions go to. For instance, you don't go to unmark them as read-only unless you're getting access denied errors. And you don't fix the registry unless you have registry errors.

It seems like you don't know what the error is and I'm guessing you caused more problems than solved. Tell you what, since I'm feeling like a lazy crap today, uninstall Fable, reinstall Fable. Then run FE. If FE stalls on loading, and you hear that iconic error beep sound, and the splash image is just there not doing anything, then press space once or twice until an error message pops up. Then tell us what the error message says.

If FE doesn't hang, then the lesson learned is don't fix what ain't broke.
Re: Problems Running Fable Explorer on XP. [message #64301 is a reply to message #64284] Mon, 08 August 2011 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its alright, it turns out It was a registry error.

I had an extra folder named Lionhead Studios, which I removed.
Re: Problems Running Fable Explorer on XP. [message #64302 is a reply to message #64301] Mon, 08 August 2011 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Well, I think you just screwed yourself again. Nothing in the registry with "Lionhead Studios" will be Fable: TLC. That will be Black & White, Fable 3, or whatever other games LH has, but it won't bear any consequence to Fable: TLC. On the other hand, removing it may cause problems with whatever it goes to.
Re: Problems Running Fable Explorer on XP. [message #64303 is a reply to message #64302] Mon, 08 August 2011 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No I didn't.

Fable Explorer is now working.

I named the folder Lionhead Studios myself.
Re: Problems Running Fable Explorer on XP. [message #64304 is a reply to message #64303] Tue, 09 August 2011 03:07 Go to previous message

Retired
Sketchy77 wrote on Tue, 09 August 2011 01:58

I named the folder Lionhead Studios myself.
...why?
Previous Topic: Albion Explorer error message, assistance required
Next Topic: albion explorer keeps freezing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:29:06 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01107 seconds