Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Child Mod (WIP)
Child Mod (WIP) [message #64353] Mon, 15 August 2011 17:32 Go to next message
Gamekrazzy is currently offline  Gamekrazzy
Hi, I am currently working on a mod where the player plays as the child throughout the game, and can equip different clothes, change hairstyles and all that.

I have done quite a bit on this, and figure I would share.

Anyways here is a video of the beginning with this mod, and some pics. (NOTE: I have not finished the graphics yet, currently I am using the teen mesh to make it look similar to the child, but I want to make it so that I can have the face for the child on the teen mesh.)

Why are you still reading this?
Re: Child Mod (WIP) [message #64354 is a reply to message #64353] Mon, 15 August 2011 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
Nice

Fable: TLC Remastered.... http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9185& ; ; ;start=0&... October, 2012 :D

Re: Child Mod (WIP) [message #64365 is a reply to message #64353] Mon, 15 August 2011 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
this would go well with the extended childhood mod when its finished

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."
Re: Child Mod (WIP) [message #64369 is a reply to message #64365] Mon, 15 August 2011 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol... yeah. Wow, to be honest... John was right about one thing... I am going to be going through alot of work to get this to work. Oh well. What else would I be doing anyways. lol.

Re: Child Mod (WIP) [message #64370 is a reply to message #64369] Mon, 15 August 2011 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Gamekrazzy wrote on Tue, 16 August 2011 01:01

John was right about one thing... I am going to be going through alot of work to get this to work.
We're here to help. A few of us that have worked on similar things before will have some knowledge on this that will be of use to you I'm sure. I never finished my Hero <-> Female mod but the process for your mod is more or less the same.
Re: Child Mod (WIP) [message #64373 is a reply to message #64370] Tue, 16 August 2011 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank you... I'll ask for help whenever I can. lol, and I will try not to be stupid/idiotic.

Re: Child Mod (WIP) [message #64403 is a reply to message #64353] Sat, 20 August 2011 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATE!!!! Razz

ok... I have good news and bad news. Good news is I managed to scale the kid's hair so it would fit the teen mesh, and I also did some retexturing of the face (applying some of the kids facial features, like the eyebrows, mouth, and freckles.

Another note on the hair, as IDK why, but I think some of the texture cords are wrong because it has a few issues of texture mapping (please note that I already checked what the texture map should look like for the resized model.)

Anyways... the bad news is that currently something I edited that IDK what is causing the game to crash everytime I play it, and so I might have to redo everything, via import/export. So it will still be a while before this goes anywhere. Sad

Re: Child Mod (WIP) [message #64404 is a reply to message #64403] Sat, 20 August 2011 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Gamekrazzy wrote on Sat, 20 August 2011 03:02

Another note on the hair, as IDK why, but I think some of the texture cords are wrong because it has a few issues of texture mapping (please note that I already checked what the texture map should look like for the resized model.)
Happens when you export the base mesh. The raw model format isn't DirectX - it gets converted. As I said before, some things get messed up in the conversion process.
Re: Child Mod (WIP) [message #64414 is a reply to message #64404] Sun, 21 August 2011 06:10 Go to previous message
ok... thanks. too bad it can't get fixed.

oh well.... Anyways, I think I am going to start another mod project. Very Happy Mainly to say, this child project doesn't seem to be worth all the work I am putting into it.

Maybe I should start working on a hard mode or something like that. Razz

Well... either way I think I need to do something else... I am truly sorry for anyone who wanted this hack... If anyone wants to continue it I will give them the resources I used (hair, textures, and if needed a tutorial explaining what I did.)

Previous Topic: Snow Ground & Environment Textures.
Next Topic: Uchiwa 2 blades Sword (avo`s tear retextur)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:57:18 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01275 seconds