Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » [REQ] Tutorial for mac users?
icon1.gif  [REQ] Tutorial for mac users? [message #64409] Sat, 20 August 2011 17:45 Go to next message
BiggNate is currently offline  BiggNate
I've recently switched over to mac, and I have noo idea how to do anything with the base files...

If anyone knows a thing or two about macs, pleeaaassee try to teach me a few basics!

Thanks. Smile
Re: [REQ] Tutorial for mac users? [message #64410 is a reply to message #64409] Sat, 20 August 2011 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
We have had a handful of people mod on Mac. You might be able to get FreeRoam to work through some sort of crossover app, that'll unlock scripting, but you probably want to do more than that. In the days before FreeRoam, people would just edit the FinalAlbion.wad with a hex editor, being sure to keep each TNG inside the exact same file size. It was a tricky thing.

This isn't especially helpful, but what I've recommended to others is to try out Bootcamp, and use Windows and the PC version of the game to play and mod.

You may want to talk to some of the people who mod on Mac, as they'll be more useful than anyone else. The one that comes to mind is SE_Danny, but unfortunately he doesn't come around anymore.
Re: [REQ] Tutorial for mac users? [message #64412 is a reply to message #64410] Sat, 20 August 2011 21:30 Go to previous message
BiggNate is currently offline  BiggNate
Thanks Smile
At this point any help is better than none.

If I can't figure out these mac things I'll just try it out on my pc. They're so much more different then I thought they would be Razz
Previous Topic: Eligibility to Provide Tutorials
Next Topic: Old and Bump files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:17:00 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01426 seconds